Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Thanks Pinkylee --

This years theme is red, white, silver. Problem is, ribbon has glitter. I have glitter all over me. I know it will be worth it once the presents are wrapped. I have to admit, wrapping the presents have been keeping my mind off of food today. I've been so hungry today. I don't know why that is.

Well, I'm somewhat happy to return to work tomorrow. Not that I actually want to be at work but more for my "routine". I seem to do better with my weight loss when I have a "routine" and my so-called scheduled eating times.

Is there anyone else that needs a routine ?? Hummmm, maybe I'm just different that way.

Melissa Lea

Routines are what gets things done!

My routine is rather simple. Hurry up with chores and errands so I have some time left to myself before I begin teaching or DH comes in. Orrr, fake the chores.

Hey Pinkylee............I like the "fake the chores" routine. I'm good at that one!

Hi Everyone. I've been absent from here of late. Tis the season.

At last post I had agreed that I was overfilled but had opted not to have an unfill. I'm glad I made that decision. Gradually I have "loosened up" and I'm able to eat in moderation. There are times I still pb but in my mind this is what the band is suppose to do for me. I am constantly aware that one wrong move and I'll be in the bathroom or at the very least slime-ing my way through a meal. For awhile I wasn't able to eat any solid food and I was starting to get concerned, but now with care I can eat most things. I had a very reasonable Thanksgiving meal and even had a little pecan pie without guilt. I am very pleased with this fill and I hope it lasts.

My scale has been bouncing from 211 - 208. I've seen 208 on two separate occasions and that makes it mine. I claim it! I still have hope of seeing Onederland by New Years Day.

I had a nice NSV yesterday. I was at my daughter's house and my 12 year old granddaughter was hugging me. She asked, "Monga (my grandma name) are you getting skinny?" when I said that was my plan she said, "I'll be the only kid I know with a sexy grandma". Needless to say we all laughed and needless to say I LOVED IT!

Have a great week and remember to enjoy the season.

Hey Guys, Happy Belated Thanksgiving.

I didn't feel deprived, I was able to eat my meal just fine as long as I went slow and chewed to mush. However, later that evening when everyone was eating again, I wasn't hungary but ate some anyway, and guess what, here come the slime and PB. I should have known better. I did however have a couple of NSV and SV for this holiday, here they are:

* Didn't gain any weight over thanksgiving, in fact I lost weight!

* Hit my 80lbs weight loss mark! WHAHOO!!!!!!!

* fit into a size 10 skirt!!!! I can't believe it.

* Tried on my wedding dress from 7yrs ago, and not only did it fit, but it was loose!!!!

* Saw my mom for the first time since surgery, and she was amazed.

* only 4lbs away from my Xmas goal!!!!!! I'm gonna make it!

Sounds like everyone did amazing over the holiday's and for the first time didn't all feel bloated and miserable after a meal! Thanks for posting everyone, lets keep supporting eachother!!!!

hello all!

before the holidays i was a little worried as to what the holidays would be like banded. but, i am happy to say, it was great. we went to my best friend's house. but, before we went, i did my 45 minute work out. i ate on a small plate just like usual. i went in knowing that i couldn't get everything first time around. so, i fixed a small plate, chewed and savored the tastes. then, 45 minutes later, everyone got up and we went for a 45 minute walk. it was great. later that evening i ate another small plate. and was just fine. no pbs or anything. i was thankful for that! then friday my husband and i had a dessert party. that was great too. so, no weight gain. actually lost a little. i am one pound from my november goal! i hope to be there by november 29th--40 pounds lost! we will see.

Barbara465 Congratulations on the decorating - I am looking forward to seeing pictures! And also congratulations on the "new" jeans from your alternative closet. What fun to get back into clothes you wore before!

Cathy Congratulations on your 3 lb loss! Way to go! And I am glad your dates have gone well. Good luck to you.

Leecelove70 Congratulations on your total loss of 51 lbs! Wow!

Melissa I am glad your fill is okay so far. Sorry you felt a little deprived on Thanksgiving. I have heard that "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" and I think that is going to be my new motto! The presents you wrapped are gorgeous! I so wish I could do that.

Pinkylee What terrific NSV's - I guess that is proof of the motto above!

I did okay over the holiday - I did take my Protein but not all of my Water. I was so busy with company (nineteen for dinner) that I would forget to drink the Water. I was able to eat a little bit of just about everything during the main dinner but no other meals. I tried to eat a little turkey in the evening and it came right back up. I just don't understand what makes the difference. I think I am chewing well and eating slowily and sometimes it works and other times it doesn't .

Barbara12375 I loved what your granddaughter said! You know they speak what is truly in their hearts!

Rroswelltx Great NSV's and SV's I know you will make your Christmas goal Congratulations!

Christa94 I am so glad you had a successful Thanksgiving! And a weight loss as a bonus. Yea for you!

Glad to hear everyone survived Thanksgiving. That is the one holiday where its all about food. Hopefully, we all know how to handle ourselves and get throught the rest of the holidays without guilt or feeling deprived.

I go for another fill tomorrow and start my liquids/mushies for 6 days one more time. Getting fills are getting tiring, but we must do it. I still can eat way too much and do get hungry. I just get so nervous before I get one since I have such relative ease with the band unless I get overfilled. If I get overfilled I just can't seem to recover from it. Here's hoping this gives me restriction without issues.

I wish I could make bows!! I found my beautiful Radko door swag that had been packed away since we moved. It fits beautifully in this house, but its ribbon could use some work. It is wire ribbon so I've made do, but it would be so much nicer with a new ribbon. I'll get one of my friends to make me a new one after the holidays.

I'm still cleaning out my closet. I'm holding on to clothes I will never wear, but the thoughts of getting rid of them is too much. I'm going to put them in a box and out to the garage. Most of the good stuff is out of the closet and what remains are tees that are just too big. I keep thinking I will wear them, but I know I won't because the bottoms are stretched where I had a big tummy. I plan on spending some time in there tonight and getting rid of some more. Like my fills I take small steps!!!

I have no idea what I'm taking on this cruise in 26 days. I am hoping to lose another 7 lbs before we take off. I have enought to get by and I really don't want to buy more. I've bought a few outfits and a new bathing suite. I'm trying to pysch myself up to wearing the same outfit twice. ;)

Busy at work today so I'd better get back to it. Have a good day.

For the first time since my surgery, I can actually visualize myself thin. Not just the physical, but me as a person. I've been afraid of who I might be at a normal weight. I could accept me at a 14 or 16, but at an 8 or 10? I guess I'm guilty of reverse weight discrimination.

I can't tell you how difficult this journey can be when you know deep down you are afraid of success. It's hard to describe, because I've been afraid of failure too.

I'm going to change my rule of no fills unless I don't lose two pounds for the week. We'll see what Wednesday brings.

Yeah for the Junebies! When I think back on our timeline, we're doing well! Determined seems to be the "theme" for the week.

I went to see my therapist today, he's been with me for years, and helped me make the decision to have the surgery, but I haven't seen him since. He was so excited for me, he just kept telling me how skinny I am - ha! It felt so great! Then tonight, I went out wih a girlfriend, who said "Wow! you suddenly look so much thinner!"

I am truly tight with this fill. I'd say I can only eat half as much, and I'm rarely hungry. So the 8 pounds I've lost in the ten days since then is making a big difference in my appearance.

Hi all! Last night was the night from hell! For the first time since my very first fill on 10/25/06 after 4.5 months, I had food stuck in my band! I did not know what was going on but I was throwing up non- stop for 45 minutes! My husband called the Doctor after 20 minutes of non- stop vomitting. The Nurse Practioner called back and told me I had food stuck in my band and not to eat or drink anything for the rest of the night. She said if the vomiting does not stop to go to the emergency room! I had to tell her everything I ate that day and found out that the Spring Mix Lettuce I used to eat before surgery I can no longer eat - its to leavy and might of had some small raw vegetables in it!:cry

Needless to say today Iam staying on liquids since my throat is so sore and my stomach just feels queasy.

I guess I still have to get used to this fill even though it is only 1cc . I am having some problems with food, I am eating slowly and chewing but, Iam throwing up at least two times a week since I got it in October.

I know from reading here that others have said that once you get your first fill nothing is that same in your eating. They were so right!

Iam hanging in there!

Barbara: I had the same experience that you had with your grandaughter but with my son, he told me " Mommy your getting skinny and you look so pretty"! ( He is 4 years old, guess he is starting early)

Also Iam now a size 22 down from the very high 32 I was !

It feels great to be down 51 pounds from 290 to 239!:clap2:

Love and hugs,:kiss2: ;)

Lisa

Well Junbies --

I think my fill kicked in this morning. I had the worst PB in the CAR this morning. I was eating my usual Breakfast bar and when I was taking my last bite I thought .....hummmm, something feels a little funny. I ate that way too fast. It agreed and came back to visit!! Thank goodness I had a small plastic bag with me. I'm stocking my glove box with baggies just incase that ever happens again (but I'm not planning on it!).

Melissa Lea

Sorry to hear about the PBs. Melissa it is really shocking when you know that you ate something too fast and that feeling that overcomes you. We just can't get away with it anymore.

Lisa, you are relearning after every fill. Sounds like you are naturally super tight which may or may not be a good thing. I'm really careful with greens as I can visualize them getting stuck. I look for anything that could cover that opening to the stomach and back it up. I think throwing up 2 times a week is 2 times too many. If you can't get that under control I would get an slight unfill. You can do more damage than good. Examine what is causing the PBs. If you are not at fault, then an unfill is in order.

I go this afternoon. I'm going to get .3 and I'm a little nervous. I have no problems with the band so this always makes me apprehensive. I think because it is so close to the cruise I am more nervous. I don't react to fills right away so I don't want to be in trouble days from now.

Went home last night and DH had finished the decorating. The house looks really great. The maids don't come for another week so the house isn't as clean as I would like. I'll take pictures before our open house on the 10th.