Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Good morning everyone. Went shopping in my alternate and found a pair of jeans that fit. It's fun sometimes going to that closet. I ordered a few pairs of slacks yesterday so maybe I'll have something to wear that fits in a few weeks. I imagine that may be too small if delivered today. :eek:

We received the flocked tree we ordered yesterday. It is beautiful. We set in up last night and I built the topper for it. The new trend this year is to take decorative branches of stuff and stick them in the top of the tree. It turned out really well and I'm pleased with the results. Now we need to decorate it. This is my "fairy" tree so it will be filled with Mark Roberts fairies. I put an additional 100 lights on the tree in the bedroom, but it was not enough. One more set should do it. :)

I'm taking the afternoon off and going shopping. I need a few more things to finish my decorating and I don't want to fight the crowds over the weekend. I am having fun.

Last night I ate a whole piece of pizza, including the crust. It was soooo good. I really felt full after I ate it. It had lots of meet on it and we added some onion, pepper, and mushrooms. It kept me full all evening.

Most of you are probably getting ready to travel or be invaded by family and friends. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Don't feel guilty about anything you eat. Just go with it and enjoy. May you all be PB and slime free this Thanksgiving day!!!

Don't think I would have chosen RKtreats as a favorite dessert. They were handy and not too bad made with real butter and vanilla.< /span>

Melissa, will you be having Tgiving through a straw?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Should be interesting how we all do! Please post what your day was like. We'll all have a few chuckles, or whatever.

Pinky --

My doc does not require liquids after a fill. He says to eat soft, mushie foods and progress to regular textures over a 48 hour period.

I had my fill this morning and they added .6 cc total. They were going to to just .4cc and the fill person decided to go up .2cc. I am happy to report that I did not lose any of my last fill like I did the previous 2 fills. That in and of itself gives me peace of mind. I will have to take it VERY VERY easy with this fill. I can so totally fill the difference already. I pray this one last for some time.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Melissa Lea

Good luck with the fill Melisa. I hope this one goes well. Glad to hear that you didn't lose any of the fill. I'll be joining you on Tuesday. I think I'll just get .3 which is about as aggressive as I get. :)

House is in total disarray from decorating. I'm going to finish our bedroom tree today. That's my goal anyway. :)

DH and I went to Garden Ridge yesterday. What an absolute zoo. Everyone trying to leave town or coming into town as the traffic was horrific. I'm so glad we didn't have to travel this holiday. It was fun though and we picked up quite a few last minute decorations. Now let's see if I can make them look good!

Have a wonderful turkey day everyone. Enjoy, but don't eat too much.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. There is one thing I don't have to tell you all I'm thankful for! The great thing about Thanlksgiving is it's the only holiday meal that features protein!

Wish me luck. I'm spending the day with my first HS boyfriend tomorrow - He took me out for coffee Tuesday, and I guess I didn't scare him off...He was balding, but not fat. In fact he looked pretty darned good for an old guy (as my daughter would call him!). I still have a very hard time believing he'd be attracted to me at this weight, but we'll see how it plays out...

Cathy stop that this instant!!!! You are a catch at any weight. You are a beautiful person, inside and out. Damn straight he's attracted to you. Don't put your life on hold until .... or you wake up one day and until is gone away. :) Off my soapbox now.

Have fun with it. I've only been married 2 years and my DH fell in love with me fat. He wasn't into big women, but he saw me for me. I'm worth it and he's damn lucky to have me too.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving day. Have fun tomorrow Cathy.

Hi all! I have been sick and my son had a bad case of Croup so I have not been here in a while.

Here is my update:

Since last month was a bad month for me with only a pound weight loss this month was much better even though I was sick the whole month!

Since I was finally filled last month after 4.5 months this months weight loss was 10 pounds so now its 239 from the 290 which is 51 pounds total !

Also I had my measurements done for the first time since April and I was shocked, so here they are:

April: Waist-53 Nov: Waist 45 inches

April: Hips- 60 Nov: Hips 57 inches

April: Neck-19 Nov: Neck 14 inches

My brother also got engaged and we are having a engagement party on December 30th for him ( he and his finace live in California). There will be relatives I have not seen in over a year who do know I have had surgery and have lost weight. It will be nice to see their reactions!

I also have the September 15th, 2007 Wedding in Califronia to look forward to. I will have almost all my weight off by then and I can finally wear a dress wih out having to wear a annoying grudle underneath!!( CAN YOU SAY AMEN!)

Well thats my update for now.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

Love and hugs,:kiss2:

Lisa

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

So far, my fill is not giving me any problems. Hard to really say how effective it will be since I'm only eating very soft foods. I have been eating less today than prior to the fill. I think this one will stick.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Melissa Lea

Happy Belated Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Aging parents and sisters who have fewer hormones than I do made it with love through the weekend. My jaws aren't aching from all the laughter we used to have, but there were lots of chuckles.

NSV DH helps me shop for new outfits now. Before I was just too embarrassed to have him critique any outfit I tried on.

NSV I actually had the nerve to try on a 2" heal shoe! DH said "buy it", but it was a very expensive "Helle" and I'm hoping to lose another shoe size (I'm down from 9 to 8 now)

NSV This is the biggest of all. I stayed in onderland.

NSV - and this is really the biggest of all. FIL and MIL extended an invitation to their home and I'm ready to make a visit. I've had a lot to process as our relationship was a painful one the past 3 years. I'm happy to say that my new inner strength will help me ignore the silliness I used to internalize.

Dear friends. I still have a love hate relationship with the band and I wish with all my heart I could have accomplished thie loss thus far without it, but it's time to move on and be thankful for my new life. It is indeed so much richer.

You guys mean a lot to me and I am really Thankful for LBT.com and all my new friends.

Hi guys,

Glad we all made it through Thanksgiving temptations. I could hardly eat, and have lost three pounds this week. I'm either having a delayed reaction to my fill last week, or my new middle aged crush is curtailing my appetite. I had a great time on my date yesterday, he's coming back to town in 2 weeks, and I'm seeing him again! Thanks for the support.

WooHoo what's all this good news? Cathy I knew it would be a fun day if you let it. I'm so glad you are able to enjoy him. Just go with it and see where it goes. If nothing else, its always good for your morale.

PinkyLee those are some awesome NSV's. Look at the band as a tool, one we badly need. It's OK to have it. Sounds like you made some major progress this Thanksgiving. Tread lightly with the in-laws, but be open to the friendship. Maybe you can find a happy compromise with them.

I did pretty good over the holiday. I was able to eat stuffing and candied yams. I didn't eat lots, but was surprised that I could do it. It took me 3 days to eat a yeast roll. At dinner each night I would eat a little bit of it and finally finished the roll last night.

Most of the decorating is done. Its down to the cleanup and last minute stuff. I need to go have a massage as my body hurts everywhere. I think it will be a relaxing day today as I have to return to work tomorrow. Most of my projects are in critical states so the next few weeks will be hectic for me.

Hope everyone is doing well. Going to get my fill on Tuesday so maybe I can lose a few pounds this month.

My digital scale has been teasing me. I weighed a nice new number, so I stepped back on. Back to old number second time. Same thing next day (3 pound difference). Too much not to think something is screwed up. I'm replacing the lithium battery and hope that works. I also hope I keep the lower number, but I kinda doubt it.

Had a few pb episodes, just when things were going so well. My Dad is having tests and carotoid artery surgery Friday. He is usually so cavalier, but this time he is really frightened. Please remember him on Friday.

Barbara congrats on Tgiving and enjoying the roll and yams and getting the decorating done. I guess I'm not too Christmas savy. Decorating takes me 4 hours at best.

Did anyone feel deprived over Tgiving? I thought I might, but the small portions were a blessed relief and so much more satisfying than in previous years.

Cathy: It's amazing how love affects the band. So happy for you.

Loveleece: Glad to hear from you and applaud your loss.

Hello Everyone --

Glad to hear that everyone had a great TG day. I had a wonderful weekend and now back to reality (work). It was nice to not be over stuffed. I have to say I felt a bit deprived because I was afraid to eat (one day after my 3rd fill). I did well and I am still trying to see what this fill will do for me.

Congrats Cathy!! I love watching life's full circle moments. Enjoy and be you.

This one is for you Pinky --

I started wrapping Christmas gifts today. I swear I should have just bought bows this year like I wanted. However, I do love wrapping gifts). Here is a link to 2 I've wrapped.

http://invite.filmloop.com/x?ZV/mhzxhWrVmXXRdLKOvMoRB4MI2twLj

Melissa Lea