Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

We had our turn yesterday in Colorado, what a depressing day that turned out to be. I HATE wind.

I am not saying anything about my hair not falling out, I know as soon as I do it will come out in hands full. Hope things get better for ya on that situation. Believe me I know what that is like, I went through that a few years back only it was from another situation.

Pinkylee....I know exactly what you are going through with the hairloss. I am having the same thing. It is so frustrating and depressing. You are trying to be excited because your losing the weight finally but then your irritated because of the hair issue. I have to clean the shower drain EVERYTIME i take a shower...if i run my fingers through my hair it just comes out...its all over my pillow my furniture my clothes...its ridiculous. I can't wait until this comes to an end and by the time that happens i will probably have to be wearing a wig. But i know that it does grow back. I have been using the Nioxin Shampoo and conditioner and taking 3000 mg of Biotin a day plus prenatal vitamins....i try not to wash my hair everyday...i barely ever put a heat Iron on it or blow dry it. I use plenty of Protein pacs. We just have to hang in there...we will get through this too.

Anyways here are some updated photos i am down 63 lbs. The new pic was taken yesterday. The other pic was me at 290 in May of 2006 3 weeks before my surgery.

post-214319-13813134602846_thumb.jpg post-209185-13813134602946_thumb.jpg

post-206212-13813134322763_thumb.jpg

post-206212-13813134322969_thumb.jpg

Lookin good Cindy! You are having such success. Your hair looks nice and long so you should be able to hide the Hair loss. Mine is short and if too much more comes out I may look like a cue ball. :peep:

Pinkylee.....Yep, your right its the gumbo. LOL No secret really....i pretty much eat what i want. I wake up and have a Protein Shake, which is 1 scoop of the Unjury unflavored powder, 1 cup of skim milk, and 1 packet of chocolate instant Breakfast drink. Very tasty. Thay usually holds me over until 2:00. Then for lunch i just kind of have whatever ....maybe 2 pieces of ham with some baked cheetos or a rice crispy treat or a salad, or a wendys chili. The best part of this is that i still am able to drink coke and i do have one a day if not 2 or more, but i dont eat all the junk food....or fried foods or the carbs...no bread...if i do eat Pasta or rice (with my gumbo) i only eat a tablespoon of it. I guess i have been lucky so far.....i am doing crappy on drinking my Water and i dont exercise at all unless you count running after a one year old exercise. I do eat plenty of seafood....we have boiled crabs or crawfish at least once a week...good Protein.< /p>

Thanks for the compliment!!!!!!

Hi all, It's been a while since I posted. I am still having some issues with PB'ing even after 3 unfills.:peep: I am going to take it easy on liquid/mushies for awhile 'cuz I think it's related to a swollen esophogus.:)

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know I got the job at Curves!!:clap2: I am excited I start on Friday. I would have never thought I'd go back into the exercise industry at my age (I used to be a personal trainer in my way younger, skinnier days). I also thought my weight was hopeless until I got this band.:)

How my life has changed in 4 1/2 months!!:bananapowerslide:

Cindy, wow! you are looking amazing, keep up the great work!

So I'm going to wait on the fill, I thought I was eating too much, but I still dropped my standard 2lbs this week, today was my weigh day. I was so psyched to see 219.5 - that means 20lbs to onederland! and just over 75lbs lost. - and 25lbs more to 100lbs gone!

My surgeon never mentioned any restriction for Fiber rich foods, and thankfully I eat apples, snap peas, broccoli, etc, all fruits and veggies, raw, no problem. Raw fruits and veggies work really well for me, they go down easy. I can get stuck on bread in an instant, but veggies always go down. I find they chew down to mush just fine, and unlike bready sticky foods, they never clump together to clog me. Cooked is good too.

I should do another progress picture soon. I'm starting to really see the difference. I'll put on something more tight fitting and get hubby to take a pic later today.

Would love to see other Junebies progress pics too.

I know some are losing slower than others, but I think even those who are losing more slowly have SO much to be proud of. We've all come a long way. It's not how fast it's coming off, just that it is. It's working, everyone's pace may be different, but keep focused on the positive, and about how far you've come already.

I'm proud of all the Junebies, keep at it!

XO

Leila

Congrats on the job Laura!

Congrats on the great progress Cindy!

I am lucky too as my hair hasn't been falling out.

I LOVE wind! It is my favorite thing when the winds come here...I hate rain.

Just got back from having lunch with PinkyLee. We had a great time. Don't under estimate the time you can spend with other bandsters. It was so good to be able to talk about "things" with someone else who knows. Of course it's our sparkling personalities that get along so well together that makes the difference. :peep:

I've been thinking about this for a few days, but it certainly became clear during lunch. I have just got to chill about all of this and let life take me on this journey. I am losing, I'm not PBing, I'm not getting stuck, I'm not carrying a cup with me to spit into, I'm not in pain. Life is good. It will take me longer to get to goal and to get to restriction, but that's OK.

That is a very big lesson to learn. Remind me of it when I falter. :)

barbara465-you are right. be gentle with yourself. i know it is easy to get caught in the "push yourself" trap and wanting to lose the weight as fast as possible. but, that within itself may add stress to the journey that is counter productive. all we can do is the right thing and our part and let the band do its part. it is a blessing indeed to not be a cup spitter, or hacking up food all the time and being overfull and other issues. now, losing hair is not the "lose" i was going for, but i love wigs and weave anyway, so....

i am realizing that i have real body image issues. i have lost 37.5 pounds, i had a lower bmi, i have gone from like a 14-16 to a size 8-10, others can see the weight loss, but i can't. i mean i know (with my intellilect) that i have lost weight. the scales say it, my clothes say it, yet when i look in the mirror, i see the same person. anyone else struggle with this?

Cindy, you look beautiful. Can't wait to see your pix Leila! My hubby took pix of me last weekend but like the "shoemakers wife" the photographers wife is last on the list to get them. So far I don't think I've lost any hair but my hair is so thick it's hard to tell...a little thining would actually be kinda nice.

I didn't exercise Monday or Tuesday and today I did my YOU 20 minute workout. I'm feeling kinda sad today. I just wish this journey was easier. I'm missing my old friend-FOOD!