Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Well, Barb and Pinky --

I will let you know how my fill goes Wednesday. I did manage to lose 1/2 pound this week so I'm not complaining. If they tell me that I did not lose any of this fill....then me and my 2 part brain are going to have a SERIOUS conversation.

I'll be getting my Christmas tree out next weekend. I bought some new ornaments today to add to it this year. I have a few more gifts to buy. Of course, it's for the people that are so DARNED hard to buy for. I will start wrapping presents next weekend. I love wrapping presents and tying the ribbon into a bow. I have a new color theme every year. This year is red/white/silver paper with silver glitter ribbon.

Melissa Lea

I think I found a new treat. Thin crispy crust veggie pizza Hut pizza. 180 cals a slice. Two slices is more than plenty. (I can remember eating two slices setting out the paper plates and sodas, never mind the breadsticks--don't miss it a bit!)

OK, I have to confess, pizza was good, Ohio and U of M on TV and I got stuck slightly. There is still restriction somewhere.

Melissa: Congrats on your net loss during a "hungry period". I intended to wrap all gifts this year, but Dollar Tree had so many cute bags . . . . Bet your tree looks "designer". How about posting some pics?.

We have pared down to one small flocked tree. I have some neat looking santa's, etc. We started redecorating in a "lodge" look while in Michigan. Had to complete it in Texas and you guessed it--Yee Hah. Not much lodge stuff here, so we have a western theme. DH is very happy.

My fill on Monday really did the trick. I have more restriction, I get full on much less food, and I've lost 5 pounds - by far my best week in months. Thankfully, so far no problems other than a minor golf ball yesterday. It's hard to believe one little cc can limit your food intake by 1/3, but that's what it has done. I was getting a little down about how slowly my weight was coming off, and I feel much more motivated. Yesterday afternoon I was so tired, my first thought was to take a nap. I thought it over and decided to take a walk instead.

This week, I am going to see my very first crush for the first time in 37 years. He moved away right after we broke up, and found me via the internet. He'll be in town for Thanksgiving. I was a lot thinner then, so it's a little intimidating (I'm imagining that he's fat and bald) but I don't think I'd have had the guts to meet him had this happened six months ago. I still have a long way to go, but it's really starting to feel like it's inevitable!

PinkyLee --

I wouldn't say my tree is exactly designer. It's just, I love to make bows and my ribbon bows have become my trademark. I make them so people can cut them off their gift box and reuse them OR use them in a decoration. My family and friends have come to expect it. It's time consuming but it's something I enjoy and keeps my mind off of food this time of year. I will take some pics when it's all done and post them.

Cathy --enjoy meeting an old flame. I'm positive he's experiencing the same or similar insecurities that you are. Why do you think most people never return to their high school reunions? Enjoy the holidays and be thankful for being the LOOZER that you are! I'm right here with ya!

Melissa Lea

WOW what a difference a few days make. Everyone seems to be doing better and in better spirits. Great on the weight loss and the successful fill. Wish I could make bows. I need some new ones for the tree, but managed to get the ones to work that I have. I haven't gotten as far as I wanted in decorating, but will get with it now. I went for a massage and it felt wonderful. I do think that helps us lose weight too!!!!

Have a great day everyone. The weather is beautiful here in Houston. I just love it.

Goodness, all you guys Christmas preparations awe me! I can't even think Christmas until I get Thanksgiving done! We have one tree and I am letting my 16 year old daughter pick the color theme this year so it will probably be end up being black on black......:)

It's our first Christmas in this house so my husband is actually going to do lights along the roof lines and the outer edges. That's how my dad used to do it so I'm excited about that.

Haven't even begun shopping either......

I've been bad about posting.....I did the same walk today as last Sunday- 6.4 miles around a local lake. It was nice. I tried to start my Christmas cards, but only got about 5 done! It makes me feel old to say "time goes by so fast" and all that, but it really seems to go by quicker every year!

Socalgal: I'm envious of your walk. Onederland is a touch away for you. I was a bit surprised at how happy 199.5 made me.

Minor back injury this week has my exercise sidelined. I hope to start back at 50% this week. I've replaced exercise with shopping and my Christmas list is really short now. At least I was on my feet.

I'm actually looking forward to all the treats this week. I'm determined to stop at a "taste". I've actually rehearsed it in my mind.

hello all. well i had an okay weekend. pb'ed some awlful on saturday. i was super hungry (wasn't doing my small meal thing every 2 hours because i was at a church function). well, when i got in the car, i dove into some fish. i had a big bite and didn't chew chew chew. i figured since it was fish and soft it would go down. well, we can all guess how that played out for the next 15-20 minutes. puking in a bag trying to drive down the road! chewing is one of the main bandster moves/rules that i get slack on from time to time. and i pay the price. never as bad as saturday, but, bad none the less.

i am increasing my exercise to 4 or more times a week. seems to keep the scales moving in a downward direction or staying where they are with no upward movement. plus, i am finding it to be a good stress reliever. also finding that my band seems to tighten up at night. anyone else notice that?

I wish my band would tighten up at night. :) It just seems to cry for more, more, more. It just loves blue bell ice cream. Yikes.

I actually saw and black and silver tree in a shop. It was quite pretty. Very sophisticated. :) So if your 16 year old decides on black you can smile knowing its in style!

Working this week. Its a great time to get thngs done since there are few around.

Have a great day.

I wish my band would tighten up at night. :) It just seems to cry for more, more, more. It just loves blue bell ice cream. Yikes.

I actually saw and black and silver tree in a shop. It was quite pretty. Very sophisticated. :) So if your 16 year old decides on black you can smile knowing its in style!

Working this week. Its a great time to get thngs done since there are few around.

Have a great day.

I can feel for you!!!! I can not believe how open I am at night...THE WORSE TIME OF ALL. I often blame this on my slow weight loss. I go to bed early and not eating when you are not able to eat in the day much is a curse.

Christa I have your chew chew chew problem. I'm really good most of the time. It takes just a split second to make a 20 - 30 minute mistake! Wish I was tight at night!

Barbara and Carol I sympathize. Sometimes "the night is long". My big pit is that I'm cook to DH and DS. I love the job, but the fringe benefits (sneaking bites) are surely a big part of slower weight loss. Is it possible to conquer Blue Bell, a hungry son or husband who worked late? At one point I was making my carmel Vitamins and a cup of tea my late night treat. Somehow I've gotten away from that. I need to have a firm game plan and stick with it.

Oprah Magazine has a great article in it this month about hypnosis and weight loss. Anyone else read it?

Good Morning All!

It's cold here in Chicagoland! I'm jealous of your beautiful Texas weather!

It's been a while since I've posted. Been working alot of OT. Well I've hit my 50 pound mark. I really can't believe it yet. Only a few people have commented at work (out of hundreds!). I think they are uncomfortable mentioning other people's weight (at least to their face)! I have gone from a tight 24 to a comfortable 20.

I contribute the majority of my weight loss to exercise. I do alot of lifting, pushing, and walking at work. Lately it has been rough and I've been working through my lunch most days. If it weren't for this "forced" activity, I'm not sure where I'd be. Working midnights-sleeping instead of eating during the morning and evening-doesn't hurt.

Fear of pb'ing keeps me eating the "easy" stuff most often. Little or no real tasty Protein. Mostly crunchy and mushy--chips and sweets.

I did finally figure out my band a little better. I always got stuck on hard protein. Salmon, chicken, pork chops, meatloaf, etc. no matter how much I chewed. It is so frustrating not to be able to eat that stuff for weeks. I would always try to "lube" it with soft mashed potatoes or drinks. Last week I ate meatloaf without potatoes or drink and just chewed well and all three or so ounces passed right through. I've been slowly adding new Proteins and they pass through reasonably well (no pb'ing) without mashed potatoes.

I'm hoping I'll be more satisfied now and not need to graze on the bad stuff or drink with my meals as often.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

pinky and barb-the tight at night things is a blessing and a curse at the same time if that is possible. the blessing-don't eat alot at night and thus have stopped the nighttime munchies. i used to eat dinner then HAVE to have a midnight snack of ice cream, chips, or SOMETHING before i laid my head down for the night. not so now. the curse-i eat dinner and it feels like a rock sitting there all night long. and if i have a wee too much, i feel like stick a fork in me and i may explode all over the place. and sex is out for the DH if i get to feeling like that cauz all i will want to do after feeling like that is find a comfy spot on my side and stay that way! he has tried to bribe me with "exercising it off" but, that doesn't work. he is a creative one!

Hey guys. I have not posted in months. I guess I had to find my own way with this band. At times I despise it and then other times I love it. I am learning so much about it. I made the decision in one day to have this procedure with no research. I am a RN and think that I know it all. I have had no complications. I have never pb'd. I have only a 1 cc fill in my 4 cc band. I have lost 50 pounds but have really poured on the exercise. I walk 4 miles 6 days a week and now have adding bike riding to that..... WOW. I love exercise in the cool weather. I live in FL. So it is too hot until this time of year to really get going. I do not have to chew alot or eat small bites. Nothing get s stuck. EVER! I am going in January for another fill. This is requiring alot of effort on my own. TOO MUCH. I can eat anything. However, at meals I can only eat about 1/3 of what I used to eat. For the first time in my life, I LOVE ice cream. My husband works at the Klondilke factory. Can you believe that?

Please keep me in the loop..... I will be better ab out keeping youj guys informed. I need some more support.

banded 6/21 277

today 227

Lisa