Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Thanks for the info, I'm just freaking out because of this 3 pounds. I cannot believe as much as I haven't been eating that I haven't lost at least 6-7 pounds. Nothing will go down very well so I just don't eat, plus I'm not really hungry. The last thing I need to do is eat when I'm not hungry. That's how I got this way to begin with!!!!:) :Banane20: :Banane35:

I saw 211 on the scale this morning but I'm not claiming it yet. I had a terrible day yesterday. I couldn't keep anything down but liquids. I even pb'd ice cream. Yes, Barbara465, I think I am overfilled. I am trying to hold out and not get an unfill as I always loosen up after a couple weeks and I don't want to go into the holiday without restriction.

Anyway.........since I'm in a forced fast, I decided to do my Colon Blow. It came in the mail yesterday. I started it last night. It's a powder drink and two capsules for three meals. (Dinner last night, Breakfast this morning and lunch soon) I am drinking tons of Water and juice. I used my juicer and made grape juice and apple juice. So I won't be attempting any solid food until evening. Maybe by then swelling or whatever will have subsided.

So, I'm not claiming any new numbers on the scale until the middle of next week. I know I will loose as a result of fasting and cleanse and I know the numbers will go back up.

I know I would be very discouraged if the numbers went up in spite of not eating. Carol just try to hang in there. There has to be a reason and it will drop like a rock in a few days.

Thanks, I certainly hope so. Oh yes I would do anything to be weighing in @ 211, I can only dream of the day....

GOOD JOB :)

OK gals seems like lots is going on. Some are too tight, some are getting clensed, some are eating next to nothing, some are eating too much and getting too much, etc. :)

I am eating 3 meals a day, seem to eat lots, but not as much as before fill. Moving to solids tomorrow so we'll see. I'm entering my danger time after a fill so don't know yet what's in store for me. So far so good.

Hang in there everyone.

Ok Guys and Gals, I am wondering if I should get a fill. Around that time of the month I am shut off totally. Four days after the three day fast I start. (Good way to prepare for things.) On top of that I am shut in the mornings, but have found that I can eat a lot at night. This is what I have had today. Lots of crap I know, but it will give you a good idea of what is going on.

Breakfast 24 oz SF coffee

Lunch: 2 bites chicken salad, 1 deviled egg, 1/2 cup guacamole, cup chips (est.), one bite birthday cake.

Snack: lettuce and a little more guacamole

Dinner: Speghetti with hamburger meat, 1 cup.

Snack: Slice ButterKase cheese

Drink Water, coffee, Diet Nestea throughout the day.

Have not been losing weight lately, and I see most of my Junebies have had more than 2 fills, so I just wonder if it is time for me to get another one.

Poodles

Glad to hear from you again. I'm wondering the same thing. (get another fill). If I weren't so gosh darn tight at times, I would. I've tried to go back to 3 small meals a day and no Snacks. I can manage it until about 7:00 pm and then I'm snacking :faint: A healthy planned snack would have to be better than this. I like to go to bed very empty. It may be 2:30 a.m. before I feel hunger again.

THANKSGIVING

What are you guys doing? Barbara465 we know you plan on being "good" at the dinner table and decorating for Christmas. Would you share a picture or two of your accomplishments?

In past holidays so many of my calories were consumed standing up--not at the dinner table. My main goal is to eat only while seated at the table. My secondary goal is to convince someone to take a walk with me. We'll be in our old hometown and I relish a walk down memory lane.

As I am a closet bandster, even from my family, I plan on making a plate and eating slowly. I will stick to mushie type stuff (potatoes/stuffing/salads/etc) so I don't get stuck, and will not hit the pies/cakes at all. Then, I will get back on track the next day.

I have been banded for almost 6 months now, and no one knows.

Poodles --

There are only 3 people that know that I have had the procedure. I too am a closet bandster from everyone else. No one seems to be making a big deal about my eating. I tell them that I am only eating until satisified and then I quit. Some of the people that I've told that too are actually trying that technique to get some weight loss results of their own. I'm not lying about what I am doing. I truely am only eating until satisified.

Melissa Lea

Hi all! I am on Day 6 of the You: On a Diet program and still doing fine. I am meeting a friend a 3pm to walk around a local lake-6.4 miles round-trip. The weather is so great, I just must take advantage of it. For Thanksgiving, I am going out to dinner at a restaurant with my Mom. We had a choice of a buffet, but we decided on a served meal. That should help with portions. Plus, my mom is a skinny health-nut, so it's always easier to be good around her! Then I also avoid leftovers. Good luck to you all on that day. Make sure to enjoy friends, family and tradition without stressing to much over the band!

Like a lot of people here, I'm starting to seriously consider another fill, only just recently. It's just this week it seems all of a sudden I am hungry, a lot, and eating a lot more. I only weigh on wednesdays and I'm not expecting my usual loss this coming wednesday. I'm scared of getting over filled, but these last few days have felt like the scary old times where I can just eat and eat and eat... I've been working at not doing that, but know 'willpower' doesn't hold me long.

hmmm... what to do!

Leila

Hey Everyone,

I have not posted in a long time. I'm going in for fill #4 this tuesday. Weight loss has stopped and I can eat normal size portions at lunch and dinner.

I've only had one PB. And I'm sure it was due to severe sinus drainage. I tried some cottage cheese and it was not going to stay down! I went to my PCP and got a Kenalog shot, some other meds and was much better in a few days. I just get this "junk" this time of year. I am hoping this year I can stay on top of it and not be sick a Christmas like I usually am.

Keep posting! It is good to read of your success!

Terry :)

Poodles- What you listed certainly doesn't sound like too much food to me, but hey, I'm no doctor. Are you still hungry after you eat all that? Are you exercising? That can help get the scale moving. Don't get a fill based on what others are doing. If you are totally closed off once a month, a fill will certainly not help. Just my 2 cents.

Poodles I didn't think that was a lot of food either. Maybe I just am able to eat too much, but that seemed reasonable.

I'm getting so frustrated with all of this. I read on here how others are tight, full, etc. and I can eat. I try to limit myself, but I know I don't have restriction like others. That would be OK if I was losing. I don't think I'm losing. I just came off a week of liquids and mushies. I haven't weighed, but I don't think I'll see a loss.

I also get irritated reading the board where they are taking coke polls, drinking with meal polls, etc. There's a few simple rules to follow. I know if we could follow rules we wouldn't be fat, but geesh this is ridiculous. Just because some can drink carbonated beverages and some can drink with their meals, should we? Why are so many trying to figure out how to get around the band? This doesn't give support to a new lifestyle for those that are trying.

I don't want to PB every day or slime in a cup, but I do want restriction. I'm giving this fill one more week. If I have no repercussions from it and I'm still hungry, I'm going for another fill. I just think I should have a little more restriction than I do.

OK I've vented for the day. I had a great weekend. DH and I went shopping and to a party and got one of the 3 Christmas trees out. We put it in the formal living room so we can start decorating it later this week.

Have a great Monday.

good morning to all.

well, here is my report. last week i decided i needed to get a handle on things. by that i mean, do a food and exercise log to see how much i really was and wasn't taking in because i have been at a stand still for a while. i thought i was taking in about 1000 calories a day, but in honesty, i really was taking in more. so, last week, i charted everything that went in, and i even got an estimate of how much i burned off with exercise. what i found worked best for me is having my Protein Shake in the morning (i have 2 scoops of the powder to equal 46g). this is at about 7:20 on my drive in to work.then about 2 hours later(between 9 and 9:30am) i have a morning snack (fruit and cheese stick or something similar) then about 2 hours later (about 11 or 11:30am) i will have another snack. then at about 12:30 or 1 pm i have lunch. a full 4oz. of food. this holds me till about 4:30pm. then i have a light snack on the drive home which is about 30mins.-45 mins. then on the days that i exercise, when i get home i drink some more Water then exercise for about 45 mins. then, i have dinner no later than 7pm. i am done eating and drinking for the night at dinner. i usually go to bed around 11 and at that time i might have about 4 oz or so of water to wash down my nighttime meds. i got in 3 days of exercise last week (which to some is not much, but for me it was a challenge as i just started exercising again). i lost 5 pounds last week. the 2 that i had regained the previous week and 3 more! i really think drinking the Protein shake and all was really really helpful at jump starting things. we will see if it continues this week.

barbara465,

i totally agree with you that it is frustrating to read posts where people are doing things that are totally against the band rules and trying to get around the band and in my opinion, not working their band. but, those same folks are setting themselves up for complications and set backs and weight loss plateus or failures. i shake my head when i read them and say to myself, "why spend near $10K if you are going to behave like this?" it reminds me of how i don't want to be. i got the band for success, nothing less. and when i find i am not succeeding, i reevaluate myself and take inventory and see if i have inadvertantly slipped into old way that are counterproductive. stay motivated. i enjoy reading your posts. they are enlightening and motivating. your long post last week about Protein and some of the general band rules were especially helpful. doing the right thing always pays off in the end. there is a passage of scripture in the Bible that states, "the race is not given to the swift nor to the strong, but to the one that endureth" i kinda feel this bandster journey is like that.