Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Genn

So sorry to hear of your injury. Take care.

Barbara4

Time of day, amount of clothing, etc. have a lot to do with how much is on the scale. Surgi-Center scale is also digital and they do sometimes go off. My only logged number is what I weigh in the morning sans clothing on my own scale. I hope for a low number at doc's but don't get too jazzed if it's off from mine. You're buying smaller clothing, getting compliments and feeling good--that doesn't sound like a true weight gain. Even the digital scale at my former Weight Watcher's meeting was off. Talk about some unhappy weigh-ins until they announced the malfunction.

My advice to anyone who will listen--claim the lowest number you've seen on your scale. Don't get discouraged when larger numbers come back. New numbers are shy, but they always come back with another smaller friend. If I post a gain, it will be because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I messed up (more than just one meal). So far the band doesn't let me stray too far.

Socalgal3--Congrats on being anonymous. Would love a comment on your experience being anonymous.

Chuckle--A darling cousin of mine had WLS several years back. Her Mother and Dad announced the news prior to a family reunion. Saw her at a wedding and asked her about WLS. She said "don't know how that rumor got started--it was lo carb diet". I can't go back in the closet, but I do intend to keep any more info to myself.

:hungry: Hey everyone,

I have a question. I am feeling some pain under my left rib. is this normal? should i be worried that i've done something to hurt my band? Also, I've noticed that a lot of people have said that once they go in for a fill they can only have liquids. i go tomorrow for my fill, how long should i be on liquids for?

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's success and hopefully will be able to share mine too!:clap2:

thanks,

Lisa

Lisa --

The post fill diet really depends on your doc. I do not have to do liquids after a fill. I only have to do soft/mushy foods for 48 hours after a fill. Some have to do liquids for a week. They will let you know what you are suppose to do post fill tomorrow. I hope you get good restriction.

Melissa Lea

Lisa - I second what Melissa Lea said, post fill recommendations vary from Dr. to Dr. I also don't have to do liquids post fill. For fills my Dr. recommends nothing to eat or drink 2 hours pre-fill, and for the day of the fill soft foods only. Back to regular band eating recommendations day after.

Leila

Hope all is well?

Lisa

I have the same pain. Seems to come and go. If you find out anything let us know.

Hi everyone,

Doing my 3rd day of liquids. Moving on to mushies tonight. I think I feel some restriction. Hard to tell with liquids. I should know by early next week if this fill is OK and not too much.

I'm doing well on the Oct. challenge. Drinking my Water, staying at 1200 calories, and doing some exercise. Not big on this exercise, but getting there.

I'm ready to lose some weight. Thanks Pinky for the kind words. I'm not stressing over the gain at the fill center. I lost on vacation and I think it was a combination of things. I do like it when lbs are lost and I don't see them again. :)

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Pinky - thanks, everything is as well as can be, I go for surgery for my hysterectomy/fibroid removal Oct 17, because of the size and possible complications I have a very quick surgery date. Will have to stay in hospital for about a week after, and will be several weeks in the healing, but looking forward to having some relief from the pain and discomfort I have now.

I come and read and lurk and get inspiration here almost daily, but haven't been posting or writing much, keep up all the great work Junbies!

OMG Barbara, You just said something that I hadn't heard before and It happened to me as well. On the night I had my fill (Monday), I too had chills and fever, I thought I was getting sick, then the next day It was gone, but I was so sore (body), have you had this before? Is this normal after a fill?

Reginia it's normal for me. It has happened every time I've gotten a fill or unfill. I found it odd since I didn't think I swelled much from the surgery. That is, I was hungry and could eat anything. The first time I chalked it up to a fluke, but the next time I realized it was a pattern. I went one time for a fill in the morning. I then went to work. That was a hard day. Now I just schedule them for late in the day. I am always "sore" for a couple of days. Can't point to one area and say Pain. Just a sore aching feeling that moves a around the area. I now know this is a trend for me.

Leila, good luck on your surgery. I know you will be glad when that is behind you and you start feeling better. I was looking at your weight loss. You are really kicking a_ _. Maybe not the way you wanted, but you are 60lbs. WOW! I'm still fighting with the first 30!

well I just thought I was weird, guess not.

Leila, good luck to you, you are in my thoughts and prayers. You WILL feel better soon!!!!

It's a full moon ladies and TOM can be an issue. Even for us "more mature" bandsters. I've been tight tight tight and thought Ahah! when I saw a full moon out last night.

Barbara and Regina--all the best as you grow accustomed to your new fill.

I am out of town again this weekend--another wedding on Sunday. How many of us are still in for the challenge?

I'm in the the challenge. I haven't updated ticker. I plan to do that on Sunday as we agreed. Weighed today and lost a lb of what I gained. This is getting crazy and I think I'll just throw out the scales.< /p>

Still can't tell about the restriction. I think I have some. At least I feel different than before. Maybe I will be one of the lucky ones that can eat and lose. ;)

Barbara

Of course you will be able to eat. Barbara12 said it well. "I'm not eating nearly what I used to--the weight will eventually have to go." I blended "hard" Protein after my weight loss stagnated after my last fill. Not as much flavor, but at least it was something substantial to digest. I definitely have restriction, but I still get a growling stomach every 2 - 3 hours. The snack rather than a meal is much easier to handle and it seems to help my weight move. I was stuck on 209 for at least 3 weeks.

I have a funny new phenomenum. I get stuck easily on "first bites". I've read of others doing that also. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get unstuck and then I can eat. Until this phase is over, I'll eat Soup or mushies while out in public. My fam is used to me sitting and smiling at the table now. (I've teared up and left way too often) I get up and make myself some hot tea to sip and feel a part of the group.

Keep believing Barbara. (and I know you do) When was the last time you weighed what you weigh today?

Thanks for your commitment to sharing. We are all gaining from your insight.

Updated my signature to show my progress on the October challenge. I'm not doing well on the exercise. I am able to eat more than I want after this fill. I will give it another week and then schedule another one. I've got to get some restriction.

OK Pinky I'm reclaiming the 3 lbs. The scales say I'm down 3.4 lbs from the weigh in at the fill center. I'm taking them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are not getting them back and so now I'm on the losing side of this. Hopefully, I can continue and see some results.

Feeling pretty good, but I have a little tightness or something in my throat. Ever since the fill I feel like I'm a burb away. Not sure what that is, but I'm being real careful. Notice it more in the morning, but its definitely there. Not sure if its acid reflux without the pain. I'll just watch it and be careful. I don't want to PB with this fill.

Hope everyone is doing well. The weather is gorgeous in Houston. We're having a cold wave, 80s in the daytime. :girl_hug: