Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I have to say that If I knew what I know now I might have done the gastric bypass instead. At the very least I would see results faster. I wonder if they get pb's and golfballs? I was wondering the same thing as socalgal about the keeping it down/vomiting question. I just think I am still in my funk about the band. I guess when I don't see what I want on the scale, I get a little resentful of the band. Is that possible? Hopefully the challenge will help.

SOCALGAL........I agree that I feel so much better after throwing up. I wish I could just throw up and get it over with but I can't "make" it happen. Have you been able to induce vomiting?

I had a very bad day yesterday and now I wonder the same thing. After going through 1 an 1/2 hours of pbing which I believe is sliming and feeling the golfball thing, would it not of been better to of just thrown up? I was so relieved when I finally did! Also it does seem to knock the Soup out of me after all that happens, although this was a longer ordeal than ever thank God! I have never really thrown up before and was very shocked when I did, as well as relieved. I called my doctor and they said the sliming and golfball thing was really not damaging to your band, but the throwing up is if you do alot of it and have very bad bouts of it, you know like that girl that was pocesssed in that movie. I feel that the pbing for so long is very wearing on your body. And remember in the beginning of this lapband I would wonder how these people would be doing this since I was not, I wondered if they were doing just the wrong things, well now I know unless you eat like my boss, who you leave at the restaurant and pick up later, you will experience this more than likely, if not, you are TRUELY blessed.

So in short is it better to just go ahead and vomit instead of going through such a horrible thing with that pbing. I mean as long as you don't vomit like your possessed. LOL (hope I spelled that right)

Barbara: I can vomit if I really just think about that slime and how sickening is feels and is. I have always tried not to throw up. What is everyone's thought on this, should do a poll, to throw up, or to not throw up?

I sure hope no one goes threw what I did yesterday, although I did read of someone pbing for THREE hours, my prayers go out to her.

Hey there!

Since PB's appear to be the topic of discussion recenetly. I came across this thread that some of you may not have seen. I have only had one small PB prior to my first fill and it lasted a whole 2 minutes. Although I can somewhat relate, I can't imagine hours of pain.

Reading never hurt anyone --

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=17659

Melissa Lea

Pre-band I rarely vomited. I would get nauseous, etc., but could never vomit(VERY rarely). Now it comes too easy. I will try the hold your breath trick now. I re-read in my band book by Dr. Ortiz and it said to avoid too hot liquids in the am too, so maybe I need to let my coffee cool off more. I thought the heat was supposed to help, but I guess it should just be warm, not hot. Hang in there Junebies. This too shall pass...I HOPE!

Well Guys and Gals, I am moving. Will be posting this message in a few threads, but wanted you to know that I will be off line for a while after the 1st. Will get back on to the board as soon as possible, but as I am a closet bandster will not get on from work. So have to wait until everything is turned on at my new home. I will be in a half way house so to speak as my real new home is being built. :confused:

Will check in again before the first though...

Hey I am putting an edit on this. Need an opinion or two. I have been able to eat the past few days, and I have been eating too.

Today I have had a diet shake, can of raviolis, frozen dinner, handfull of fritos, and two cups of granola Cereal. Do you think I need a fill?

Melissa Lea absolutely hilarious....Thanks I needed that.

My thought on the fill thing is if that's absolutely all you ate all day, no way.....I myself would be happy with that menu and if it stayed to just that.

Randi - I've known a couple of people who did Gastric - they both got thin quick, stayed thin for a few years, then gained all the weight back. I wouldn't want to go through all of that for a short term solution.

I think anyone who is not able to eat solid Proteins regularly without PBing is probably over-filled. From what I've read from experienced bandsters an overfill can be as bad for not losing as an under-fill.

Also that the band doesn't do it all, it's a tool we have to work with, for it to work you have to follow the guidelines put out by INAMED and your Dr. It's not an easy fix. I don't think there is an easy fix out there. I'm sure every one of us wishes there were some simple magic formula, pill, or surgery that would just make us slim healthy people, but it doesn't exist. All the weight loss approaches out there take effort, patience and struggle. Don't give up, set realistic goals, and challenge yourself to make them. Do the best you can, and it will all turn out all right in the end.

Leila

Some people seem to drop weight easier than others, but I couldn't agree with you more. The band is just a piece of plastic. I'm the muscle behind it.

Frustration will not fix the problem--don't allow it to surface. Join the October challenge--bend the rules to fit your own situation if you need to.

What keeps you from counting calories? (4 fingers poiinting back at me)

What keeps you from drinking 64 ounces of Water daily?

What keeps you from exercising? Perhaps the most important element of all. Only eight minutes of heart pounding aerobics will diminish or eliminate depression.

6 meals a day was something suggested by Funny Duddies and Telly. Both are fighting fat like the enemy it is and winning. The theory is that it's easier to eat smaller meals more often. The frequency revs up your metabolism. I tried it and have seen the scale move again (finally)

Sharing our troubles is what this forum is all about, but we're getting discouraged with an inantimate object. Search the forum for answers to your particular needs.

When you post a struggle, we all learn something. But we need to keep learning.

It's time to figure out how to make the band the best possible tool we can. The bottom line, don't let disappointment or anything else keep you from succeeding. Someone moved our cheese. I'm running through this maze until I find more.

Hey Melissa...be happy you didn't gain...how many vacations can you say that about?:clap2:

Regina you look great...it's a whole new you!:P

Barbara, I am jelous...I need to go get me a pedicure tomorrow morning..Happy B-day!:D

Randi, I am going through the same thing...it's a BIG challenge to keep anything down.:confused:

Stephanie, you lucky girl...I am jelous of your rapid weight loss.;)

I hate to read that some of you are getting so discouraged. Hang in there. Pinkylee hit the nail on the head. I have had very good success so far but I have worked really hard for it. I drink nothing but Water. I joined a gym and was going 3 to 5 times weekly. The past few weeks I have been unable to go and my weight loss went fromn 1/2 lb per day to 1/2 lb every 3 days. I believe that exercise is the key. I also read the lable of everything I eat. After i read it I decide do I really want it that bad. This will generally keep me from eating it. Another thing I did that helped me was using a diet diary. Log everything you eat and count those calories. You might be surprised how much you take in.

I had to lose over 50 lbs before anyone noticed. Now at 68 lbs EVERYONE