Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

How was the fling Regina??

Glad to see you are enjoying your walks Socalgal.

Barb465 I'm glad to hear you have restriction.

It's been awhile since I have posted. I have been crazy, busy as usual with work, the new house and I just returned from my vacation, a 7 day cruise and I absolutely had a great time!!!

I wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone and to let you know I am still hanging around. Will try to stop in a bit more frequently as things settle down for a couple of weeks (I hope, fingers crossed).

I hope to hear from everyone soon.

Melissa Lea

I went to the meet and greet on Friday nite but was unable to attend the fling. The meet in greet was ok, several of us including Alex the board owner went out to a country and western bar and rode the bull. That was fun. Wished I could have been around more...

Hi everyone. It has been a long time since I posted but I am glad to see that so many of you are still around.

Work overwhelmed me for the last 18 months but I was able to go hiking with my DH once a week anyway. We have been hiking between 5 and 16 miles every week. We would do it on snowshoes during the winter.

I have lost 87 lbs since getting banded (116 total) and am maintaining at between 160 - 165 lbs. I would still like to reach my original goal of 135 lbs but don't think it will happen now.

I am more active and healthy than I have ever been in my life and that is what is important!

I still have restriction - still have problems eating meat and still trying to learn how to live with this band but overall I am glad that I chose to do this and would do it again in a heartbeat

Melissa- I am jealous of you on a cruise! I have never done one!

Regina-Glad you enjoyed the meet and greet. Wish I could have been there to see you ride the bull!

Lucymann- OH MY GOODNESS! We were all so worried since we hadn't heard from you in so long! I am glad you have been successful with the band and it is great to hear from you! Don't be a stranger.

No news to report from here. Things are the same! I guess that is better than problems!

Not happy with my progress at the moment.

I'm needing some insight from those that have been doing this longer than I have.

Does the weight loss usually just stop for a while? Do you just slowly loose weight from that point on as your body adjusts?

I live about 3 hours from my doctor and anyone that has been on this journey. The INTERNET is my only help with questions.

The Doctors office isn't helpful..just come in but that costs money..I really just need some advice that isn't read from a brochure.

My Dr. dismissed me at the 1 year mark and set up my next appt. for 6 months later. My 18 mo.. mark will be next Tuesday.

Anyone check in at the 18 month mark and what was your outcome?

I have struggled with the same 5 pounds since April. No more loss. I feel wonderful but still not in wonderland.

I can't seem to break that yo yo with those pounds and get back into that wonderful loosing mode where it was just sooo easy.

I know I pick...can't eat a lot at a sitting unless I haven't eaten much during the day. But if I've pb'ed I'm hungry and just eat a little here and there. I've journaled but can't get a number since I do pb..soooo I don't know how many calories I really take in.

I haven't broken myself of the eating too fast and not chewing well enough.

Any advice or motivational encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Great Success to all!

Gosh i wish I knew how to help you. I too have struggled with the same 5lbs for the last year. However i i know if I would stop eating the things I shouldn't that i would probably drop it... But I don't.... Do you work out? If so, do u do the same thing over and over and maybe should change it up? Grasping at straws here...

Thank you for answering. You look wonderful like you're at goal.

I haven't excercised other than learning tennis but nothing daily. I know that is the key but after a long day at work..I just can't leave the house and family.

I'm hungier than I use to be..truly..but I also eat when I get that first thought of I'm full.

I need to work on all the bandster rules. tomorrow is the big day at the lapband Dr's. I've gained 5 lbs just stressing about this visit!

I guess I'll just go and listen to my failure and move on.

Thanks again for posting.

I wished I was at goal, I have been staring at that last 20lbs for over a year.... But thank you... Let us know what the doc says!!

Hey Everyone! I know, I know!! It's been awhile since I last posted. I have to admit that the Halloween candy has gotten the best of me this year but tomorrow is a new banded day :rolleyes2:

Socalgal --don't be jealous, book a cruise!! I LOVED IT!! I am so ready to go again.

Lucy --it's great to hear from you and your success. I am happy to see you are enjoying life.

Regina --I want to see pics from this bull ride!! I'm waiting.

I hope everyone else is doing well. I hope that others will pop in soon and give us a quick update on the band or just life in general.

Have a great one!

Melissa Lea

Hello Junebies, checking in here. I am 8 pounds from goal, but this past few months have focused on dealing with my horrible anxiety, and also ended up having a D&C last week, working very hard as well.

Maybe now I can start on that last bit of weight. I broke it off with the love of my life last night. I thought I would be devastated, but find now it is a relief. he lived 300 miles away and it just got to be too much with a 17 year old to finish raising and working so hard.

Also, I am now on meds which have taken away my anxiety, and the break up may help that as well. Wish me luck!

Hi Junebie Bandsters,

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I still get updates when anyone posts to this thread and they have been few and far between.

Just a little update: Last May I finally gave up and had 1.0cc removed from my band. I knew I had been overfilled for quite some time. Well, since then I have gained 19 pounds, yes, that put me seven pounds back into the 200s, where I swore I would never be again. 8 of those pounds have been in the last month. I have been on steroids for my newly diagnoised rheumatoid arthritis.

Anyway, I went in this past Wednesday and had .5cc replaced. I have felt nothing. No pbs, nothing. So now what? Do I get the other .5 replaced and go back to being miserable everytime I try to eat?

I am back to being uncomfortable in my own skin. I've had to buy some new clothes and everytime I need to get dressed to go out I stand in my closet and am sick about all the things I cannot wear.

I guess the thing that bothers me most is that I was so confident that when I got this band I would never have to worry about this again. I know I am still a long way from my high of 265 but 207 seems worse.

It's a new week and a new day. Why do we always come to our friends when we are miserable and ignore you all when things are going good? Love and good wishes to you all.

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'm sorry that I haven't been on here much lately. My life has just been crazy, busy with work and the new house. I barely have time for me. I miss you all and think of you all often.

Touch base when you can.

Melissa Lea

Hey all! Watching the Biggest Loser finale and it reminded me to check in with the Junebees! I am consistently around 160, so I am maintaining pretty well. My goal in 2009 is to get back to 150 or below. I have free health coaching through my work, so I am going to take advantage. It is good to hear from you all. Feel free to email me at my personal email, since I rarely come here anymore(I can't access from work as this site is considered "social networking"!)

marymbs@hotmail.com

Happy new year Junebies. It seems like just yesterday, yet its been 2 1/2 years. We've all been through lots, but 2009 will be great! We can choose to make it so.

THings are up and down with me. I've had another EGD. Still lots of polups, but the band seems to be OK. I'm unfilled at the moment. I am going to start back, but slowly. I've had a rough year and a weight gain of about 20 lbs. I couldn't keep anything down, but gained weight. When I could eat, I ate anything that was easy and fattening.

Being unfilled for 2 weeks has taught me I can't be trusted without this band. food doesn't have the same attraction, yet I'm eating way too much. I am eating breads which is something I haven't been able to do for several years. Its time to get back to the program. I am barely fitting into my clothes and with the economy I can't afford to buy new ones. :)

I hope everyone recommits to love yourself and be kind. Live each day as it is meant to be.