Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV never before has this happened!

Okay I've never been ideal weight in my whole life.....I mean NEVER! ALWAYS been overweight and always got in trouble every time I would go to the doctor....well the other day I went to the OBGYN and got on the scale and had lost 4lbs from what I was when I went to get a fill. The doc had no clue that I had lap band and I just knew I was going to get fussed at for being 366. So she came in asking about how I have been doing and I told her about my lap band and she just thought that was so awesome! She was so proud of me for taking the step to a healthier me and so glad that my weight was gradually coming off and at a slow pace. I never heard once "well you know you need to watch what you eat" or "you know you need to lose more weight that that" it was ALL positive things about my weight and I've literally never had that happen before. It was nice to hear something good from a doc :-)

The positive things will start to snowball. It is almost as addictive as the food was.

Okay I've never been ideal weight in my whole life.....I mean NEVER! ALWAYS been overweight and always got in trouble every time I would go to the doctor....well the other day I went to the OBGYN and got on the scale and had lost 4lbs from what I was when I went to get a fill. The doc had no clue that I had lap band and I just knew I was going to get fussed at for being 366. So she came in asking about how I have been doing and I told her about my lap band and she just thought that was so awesome! She was so proud of me for taking the step to a healthier me and so glad that my weight was gradually coming off and at a slow pace. I never heard once "well you know you need to watch what you eat" or "you know you need to lose more weight that that" it was ALL positive things about my weight and I've literally never had that happen before. It was nice to hear something good from a doc :-)

That is awesome! My surgeon is so supportive of me. I had told him what my PCP said about my lapband surgery being a "miserable failure", yes, my PCP said that. So my surgeon said well I consider your PCP a miserable failure for not recognizing how far I have come. Not only that, my surgeon reminded me that my highest weight was 289 not 267 (like I thought). So my surgeon said he was proud of me and eventhough I'm "slowly" losing that I had lost 74 lbs from my highest weight and my surgeon said my PCP didn't do it, I did it and to be proud of myself. I love my surgeon, even when I had a 2 lb gain he didn't lecture me. He said that I have made amazing non scale victories as well.

I'm so glad your OB/GYN is so supportive, it means a lot!

The positive things will start to snowball. It is almost as addictive as the food was.

I agree Gary its nice for someone to have something nice to say for once besides my surgeon. :-) it just kicks you in the butt to strive for more!

That is awesome! My surgeon is so supportive of me. I had told him what my PCP said about my lapband surgery being a "miserable failure"' date=' yes, my PCP said that. So my surgeon said well I consider your PCP a miserable failure for not recognizing how far I have come. Not only that, my surgeon reminded me that my highest weight was 289 not 267 (like I thought). So my surgeon said he was proud of me and eventhough I'm "slowly" losing that I had lost 74 lbs from my highest weight and my surgeon said my PCP didn't do it, I did it and to be proud of myself. I love my surgeon, even when I had a 2 lb gain he didn't lecture me. He said that I have made amazing non scale victories as well.

I'm so glad your OB/GYN is so supportive, it means a lot![/quote']

That is absolutely awful what your PCP said! Thank goodness for our surgeons lol! Mine is awesome also he has been very supportive and his whole team at his office is wonderful too! (It helps that 97% of his staff has had the lap band so they know exactly what everyone is going through). You're far from a miserable failure 78lbs is another person! Lol so to me you are a success! One day that PCP will have to deal with weight one way or another and it won't be so easy to say someone's a failure then unless he's just a complete butt!