Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is a typical day diet?

I am a month post op and had my fill 10 days ago with no weight loss. I lost 11lb first couple of weeks and thats it.

I'm assuming you want us to answer the topic question. I'm also assuming wherever you got your band, also provided nutritional counselling. Either way my day looks like this.

Breakfast: Two scrambled eggs, Diet Snapple (30 minutes later)

Lunch: Turkey sandwich on a fold-it flatbread. sugar free Jello or pudding. Diet Snapple (30 minutes later)

Snack: Mini Baby Bell Light cheese. coffee with sugar free Creamer and splenda. Dunkin Donuts iced coffee with skim and splenda.

Dinner: 3-5 oz chicken, Beef, Hot Dog, Tilapia, etc. with a Tomato or lettuce salad as a side dish.

Also....I track EVERYTHING on myfitnesspal.com

Good luck!!

I don't know that there's a 'typical' diet but for me, I eat alot like if I was on Weight Watchers. Basically, I eat 3 oz. Protein, 1/2 cup veggies, and 1/4 cup carbs for lunch and dinner, Breakfast is usually oatmeal, cream of wheat, eggs once in a while and toast with Peanut Butter as well. Both eggs and PB are Protein and I try to get in at least 60 grams a day. I usually have to also consume an envelope of Protein powder in Water to get my protein up.

I also track all my food in myfitnesspal. I try to stay around 1,100-1,150 calories a day. I've been doing this since being able to eat regular foods and I was banded 8 months ago with a loss of 86 lbs. so far.

Hope that helps you some.

I'm assuming you want us to answer the topic question. I'm also assuming wherever you got your band, also provided nutritional counselling. Either way my day looks like this.

Breakfast: Two scrambled eggs, Diet Snapple (30 minutes later)

Lunch: Turkey sandwich on a fold-it flatbread. sugar free Jello or pudding. Diet Snapple (30 minutes later)

Snack: Mini Baby Bell Light cheese. coffee with sugar free creamer and splenda. Dunkin Donuts iced coffee with skim and splenda.

Dinner: 3-5 oz chicken, Beef, Hot Dog, Tilapia, etc. with a Tomato or lettuce salad as a side dish.

Also....I track EVERYTHING on myfitnesspal.com

Good luck!!

Haha Rose. Sounds like you and I follow a very similar plan.

I'm a little over 4 weeks post op with no fills yet and I do about 800 calories a day. 100-200 for Breakfast, 200-300 for lunch and 300-400 for dinner. I try to get 60 grams of Protein and 40 minutes of cardio 5 times a week. I keep track of every single calorie I consume (even vitamins) and the weight continues to come off. I figure if you keep your calories low then you can't help but lose weight. Good luck!

I do a double scoop Protein Shake for breakfast 280 cal and 50 grams Protein. lunch is an egg and piece of lunchmeat. Supper varies. I eat anywhere from 500-700 cal a day. I always get at least 60 grams of protein and keep my carbs less the 85 a day (usually about 50 is what I average). I track everything on lose it, it is similar to myfitness pal but I track my sleep and other things as well. I sometimes drink a v8 as I don't eat much veg or fruit. I take 2 mvi a day, Iron, Biotin, b-12.

Thanks ladies seems u r eating alot and still loosing weight. My dr encourged me only eat twice max 3 times a day and nothing between meals. I will try my best to get 40-50g of Protein a day and go for walks. u guys are lucky eating well and loosing weight. I hope I can get it right one day soon:))

healthydnp so u dont aim for 1200 Cal a day? how much saline is in ur band?

None. I had surgery the 6 th of Aug and am supposed to go for my first fill Friday but don't think I need it. I was told to eat if I'm hungry but don't if I'm not. Doctor said it may only be a couple of bites. I usually get 1/2 cup three times a day. I was worried about the Protein so I have been doing shakes and I have lost 20 lbs since surgery. It's working. I'm going to start exercising this week so may need to increase Protein to like 70 grams a day. I don't want to lose my lean muscle.

I'm 3 mos postop . Typically day for me "smartstart" Cereal or egg in morning , 1/2 turkey and Swiss sandwich on whole wheat with some fruit and carrots for lunch, chicken or tilapia , green Beans for dinner , string cheese for Snacks. I take alot of supplements: B12, mag, zinc, d,c,calcium,iron,biotin , Multivitamin. Track my eating on "calorie counter " and am down 56 pounds! Starting the "couch to a 5 k" workout with extra on elliptical. Hope that helps. ( oh and have only been filled once )

bsellis amazing no fills and u r managing well I was on 5.8 ml on surgery day and was hungry every 2 hours then got a fill now am 6.3 ml and feels right but not loosing weight.