Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My big NSV!! (pictures)

Before I tell you all my NSV, I thought I'd explain something here for those who don't know me. I grew up in a very wonderful, happy but unusual home. I am not ashamed it of at all, I am very proud!! However, I get a lot of people who can't believe it because it is too uncommon. I have 9 sisters & 1 brother. :) Yes, that number was a 9!! My sisters are all my best friends & we get along great. :D My mother was a person who just loved kids. (And yes, I promise my 1 brother is very normal. He had 9 maids who waited on him hand & foot!)

Every Mother's Day Weekend, my Mother & all my sisters go to a resort, hang out, get manicures, pedicures, EAT & have a blast. No husbands, no kids....just girls!! We just returned & it was so much fun. For the past 6-7 years I have been the biggest one in my family. Every year I was so concerned about our next meal, what our Snacks were going to be when we could stop & get a Diet Coke. This year I could care less about the food & I am now one of the smallest in the family!! :nono: This was HUGE for me!!

Here's a picture taken this weekend of my sisters & Mom!! I am the goofy one in the back with curly hair.

post-204836-13813133323937_thumb.jpg

What a lovely bunch of ladies. Your mom must be very proud. I feel sorry for your brother though. He gets left out every Mother's Day! *grins*

Grats on your NSV. I knew you used to be the largest of the sisters and you once said you were afraid that they would all treat you differently once you were no longer the biggest. So... now that you're one of the little sisters, how is it?

Oh Diane, what a wonderful NSV and what a beautiful family you have. goofy or not you look GREAT!!!!!!!!

Congrats! I wish I was w/ my mom today. I leave to visit her next Tuesday~YAY

Good question P'Nut!! :) We actually talked about that very thing this weekend!!! One of my sisters kept saying - "Diane, make us laugh! I keep waiting for you to do something to make us laugh!" (I use to be the Funny Fat Girl!") They DO treat me differently except it's like they now have more respect for me. It's hard to explain. They always respected me before, but now I don't have to be doing something wild to get attention. I have their attention by just being myself. It's a good thing!!

Actually, several of them have also been motivated to lose weight because of me. I was asked lots of questions about what I eat, exercise & how I feel. Nobody wants to be the biggest one in the family! It's a good, friendly type of competition. :nono:

I found a picture of one of our previous Girl's Weekend pictures. This was about 3 yrs. ago & I wasn't quite at my heaviest, but I was still the biggest of my sisters. :D

post-204836-13813133324243_thumb.jpg

What a wonderful group of ladies! It's so great that you have such nice sisters and Mom! Shawn

Joy Joy Joy

Ya'll look marvelous.

Tell us how many kids any grandkids etc.

Wow I am envious I have one brother almost six years older than me:think .

I love family and doing genealogy. Have ya'll researched your family tree?

M

awe Diane, This post made me smile ~ BIG BIG smiles!

My only natural sister was tragically killed in a auto accident 18 years ago... :). SO I completely envy you on the 9 siblings (like Myra's post).

And I love your mom. She looks so cozy and loving. I bet she'll get a kick out of knowing that her picture is posted for millions to see!!

Isnt it funny how losing weight changes SOOO many things about us (and the people around us). Physical, mental, social....

Youre a wonderful inspiration to all of your sisters (and to us). :clap2:

What a great NSV and what a great looking bunch of lass's. I can see a slight resemblance in the cheek curvature of everyone.

P.S., I hope to look as great as mom does when I am her age and I would hope I look just as great after having 10 kids...wow! Hehehe, I fell completely apart after 2 kids. I was 145 when I got pregnant with my last one and skyrocketed to 240lbs :) . Not even 3 kids yet..

I plan on taking one of these pictures when I see my mom in July or August and my sister. I used to be the smallest and now I am the biggest..even still after dropping the lbs, I'm still the biggest. Can't wait to "not be" anymore:cool: .

owww what a looovely family!!! and you all look so happy!!

im so happy for you Diane! thats a huge NSV :)

i was with my mom yesterday and i did pedicure and skin pilling

for her :nono: i love being her slave! she deserves it!