Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing? Banded on 7/26/13

I was banded 7/26/13. Starting with a BMI of 31.8. My weight pre-surgery was 163. I am now weighing in at about 149.

I got my first fill on 8/28/13. Doctor put 4cc's in at surgery...and my fill added 1cc. So I am up to 5cc's. I am defintely eating much less and feeling satisfied for about 4 hours...but scale isn't moving.

Okay, so I have a question. Is this good progress? I just want to make sure I am on the right track. I feel like I am not losing much weight. I realize that starting with a smaller BMI, weight loss is going to be much slower! I already know that. I just would have expected to have lost more than 14 pounds. However, I can definitely tell in my pictures that I take weekly that I am losing inches somewhere...LOL but it is just depressing that the scale isn't moving.

I have been working out. I have been getting on the treadmill and doing weight loss intervals burning anywhere from (430-450 calories in about 40 minutes) 3-4 days a week.

Could not eating enough/ or drinking enough Water hinder weight loss?

Any insight would be extremely helpful!!!

Thank you in advance!

Not trying to sound snarky, but seriously, you've lost 14lbs in just over a month?? I'd say that's pretty darn fantastic, and I don't think you have anything to be concerned about!

Txgirl, you sound right on track. Can I ask how many cals you are taking in?

You bring up a good point that you may not be eating ENOUGH if you are not losing consistently.

You are doing just fine. This is not a miracle weightloss drug. I am sure that your surgeon is happy with your losses!You should be too!!!Congrats!

I agree. Your starting BMI is not that high, and you have lost a good amount of weight so far. For me...sometimes I don't get enough Protein in, or enough calories in the day and that has stalled my loss. (Though admittedly other days, my calories do go over...)

Consistency may be the key...keep at it your doing great.

I found the first 6 wks or so while I was healing the scale didn't move much but as I go onto real meals and tracking every bite I started losing...you are doing great just keep it up.

a loss is a loss..........not a race to finish line....keep going, you will get there

maybe not as fast as some but in your time too..great job...

a loss is a loss..........not a race to finish line....keep going' date=' you will get there

maybe not as fast as some but in your time too..great job...[/quote']

I agree about the scale going down slowly. Some of us have to remember the scale would be slowly going UP. If not for this intervention. I'm so happy I changed my life 7 yrs ago!!!

Thank you all for your input! Guess I wasn't looking at it being 14 pounds in 5-6 weeks. Better than a gain of 14 pounds!

I also think I'm not eating enough and barely drinking enough water! Maybe if I get that going right...the scale will start creeping down!

Thanks for y'alls advice :)

Thank you all for your input! Guess I wasn't looking at it being 14 pounds in 5-6 weeks. Better than a gain of 14 pounds!

I also think I'm not eating enough and barely drinking enough water! Maybe if I get that going right...the scale will start creeping down!

Thanks for y'alls advice :)

Water and Protein is the answer get those right then add exercise of some kind and watch it go.....getting these two right is tricky so you'll have to track it and really work on it to find what does it for you....if sure is fun losing now and being able to stay on a healthy path..Of course I want the crap when I am over stressed and it is a very hard time but I make it I like being thinner and all the positive, support I receive....keep us posted we have all been there

I was banded 7/26/13. Starting with a BMI of 31.8. My weight pre-surgery was 163. I am now weighing in at about 149.

I got my first fill on 8/28/13. Doctor put 4cc's in at surgery...and my fill added 1cc. So I am up to 5cc's. I am defintely eating much less and feeling satisfied for about 4 hours...but scale isn't moving.

Okay' date=' so I have a question. Is this good progress? I just want to make sure I am on the right track. I feel like I am not losing much weight. I realize that starting with a smaller BMI, weight loss is going to be much slower! I already know that. I just would have expected to have lost more than 14 pounds. However, I can definitely tell in my pictures that I take weekly that I am losing inches somewhere...LOL but it is just depressing that the scale isn't moving.

I have been working out. I have been getting on the treadmill and doing weight loss intervals burning anywhere from (430-450 calories in about 40 minutes) 3-4 days a week.

Could not eating enough/ or drinking enough Water hinder weight loss?

Any insight would be extremely helpful!!!

Thank you in advance![/quote']

We are very similar, I had surgery 23rd July and weight was 165, bmi 29, had 4.5 in at op, and two fills since taking me to 6cc in 10cc band.

I now way 151, it's been 7 weeks, I am really happy with my progress, 10lb in the first month, and 4lb in the last 3 weeks. All good..

I think the progress you have made so far is great, but I can understand your disappointment I felt the same way when I went for my first fill on 9/7/13 and had not lost as much as I wanted. You should maybe also consider that since you are working out that maybe the scale isn't going down because you are building more muscle which weighs more than fat. So try measuring inches instead of pounds.. Just a thought.

I know how you feel. I was banded on July 3rd and as of today only lost 11 pounds. I do not eat much and although I don't get to exercise as much as I want to due to work and working long stretches I try to get some in at work such as taking stairs and walking a lot. but the scale is not moving as much. I heard that sometimes It takes a few fills to get things moving and I have only had one fill and I am at 3.5cc. So I just keep moving along and thankful that I am not gaining. :rolleyes:

I feel the same way sometimes I work out a lot, banded July 19 and can't seem to move past 22 pounds! The whole calorie intake when working out is what always get me.