Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I vomit from time to time but its rarely food usually huge amounts of thick mucous. Any words of wisdom or advise?? Does this happen to anyone else??

I think you are experiencing what we refer to as Slime. When food gets stuck on top of the band and cannot proceed to the lower stomach the body produces massive amounts of mucous to help it go down. If it cannot clear the blockage it has to way to go but up. You'll usually feel some (or a lot) of pain in below your sternum when this occurs. Once the food goes down or up, you usually feel better.

I think you are experiencing what we refer to as Slime. When food gets stuck on top of the band and cannot proceed to the lower stomach the body produces massive amounts of mucous to help it go down. If it cannot clear the blockage it has to way to go but up. You'll usually feel some (or a lot) of pain in below your sternum when this occurs. Once the food goes down or up' date=' you usually feel better.[/quote']

It can happen on the littlest amount of food. I don't know what to do to stop it. And yes it can be very painful. What do you suggest

Hello ladies, I am sorry to be the ignorant new person to the forum but please tell me what is PBING? I see this term used alot and have not a clue lol

Yes it's very painful. Not sure how to shop it. It can happen on the littlest amount of food. And yes it's very painful.

PBing...not sure what it means either.

Thanks Pattie. I may try to look it up so I am more abrushed on the verbiage and what it exactly means. Thanks!

It means Productive Burp I believe. I'm new too :)

Thanks to the both of you. And, I do believe you are both correct ( lol) I was looking it up on google when both of you replied.

It can happen on the littlest amount of food. I don't know what to do to stop it. And yes it can be very painful. What do you suggest

It sounds as though your band may be too tight. Or that you are not chewing your food enough, or eating slow enough. Check in with your surgeon about it.

I have this same problem and it usually happens after my first few bites of food. I spoke with my PA about it and she said that when the stomach feels like something is "stuck" it produces lubrication to help move it thru- for some people, the band being around stomach alone is enough to produce "slime" and cause my issue where during the 5 hours between meals slime builds up at band and when I eat, it just sits there and cannot move because its plugged. I "pb" the food out and usually its the food and the plug that come up- then Im fine to eat after that.

She suggested sipping some hot tea or coffee before eating to break the mucous up so that you can eat how you are meant to- small dime sized bites chewed to a pulp..and then chewed a little more. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I have this same problem and it usually happens after my first few bites of food. I spoke with my PA about it and she said that when the stomach feels like something is "stuck" it produces lubrication to help move it thru- for some people' date=' the band being around stomach alone is enough to produce "slime" and cause my issue where during the 5 hours between meals slime builds up at band and when I eat, it just sits there and cannot move because its plugged. I "pb" the food out and usually its the food and the plug that come up- then Im fine to eat after that.

She suggested sipping some hot tea or coffee before eating to break the mucous up so that you can eat how you are meant to- small dime sized bites chewed to a pulp..and then chewed a little more. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk[/quote']

So you feel like when you drink something hot it helps it move pass the band?? It's most frustrating when I'm out to eat and the first thing I chew...the first bite and I'm done.

I will order hot tea with my meal out the hot tea (without caffeine if they have it) sip that before eating. It unplugs mucus and relaxes muscles