Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Max weight loss

I lost all my excess weight. I lost it all within 2 years and had a baby during that time. I was also at the gym nearly every day and a huge stickler on what I ate. I was determined!

I Lost ALL my excess weight also....without really trying either....what I mean is, that with the lap band I eat less, a lot less, than what I used to because the band controls my portions....Since my portions are now controlled, I now concentrate on eating healthy, low fat, high Protein foods....I do not count calories....and there are foods I will not, and in some cases cannot, eat anymore....pasta, breads, red meat, rice, etc, etc...

With the band, it has become a new lifestyle...eating good nutritious foods, and never overeating...it becomes a day to day, natural part of me without giving it a second thought....

I was fat because I ate too much, and always the wrong foods....now, and for the rest of my life, that is the complete opposite....so that old lifestyle caused to me gain weight, UN-naturally, with this new lifestyle I naturally returned to a normal weight.....

My Dr. says there is simply no excess weight - fat, left to loose, and that as planned, my body reached a equilibrium, a natural - normal state of balance....

Most importantly, this is not a diet where when I reach a goal I can turn it on or off....it is a permanent thing!! Always to be there and always to be this way....so I have no fear of ever "Falling off the wagon" and ever gaining the weight back...I do not see how that would be possible...as long as the band is there, it is impossible for me to over eat....and it is difficult to eat bad foods.....

With the band, I still have to think through why someone would only loose 50-60 %, OR LESS, and then stop....of course, one's weight is always equivalent to one's eating habits....perhaps they are holding back and not letting the band work to it's intended potential....following bad advice? From those who have not accomplished it themselves and think they know all the answers? There is certainly a lot of that going around. But it is something I'll never know.......but everyone is different and one thing is for sure....I will not and cannot argue with other peoples success experiences....if it worked, then that's all that matters....

I do know, that I am 100% happy where I am at right now...and have been for over 2 years...in the Green Zone....I also know that if I were to get any Fluid taken out at all, even the slightest, (not that I need or want to), it would tip that balance and my hunger/cravings would return, plus my portion sizes would increase, which result in weight gain...so I hope that never needs to happen....

I lost 100% of my excess weight (actually 130% of my excess weight) but did in fact exercise and watch what I ate to lose the 100% initially. Once the band kicked in with the right restriction, I actually continued losing without really trying or exercising all that much.

60% is not a hard and fast amount and does not mean that that's all you lose.

I Lost ALL my excess weight also....without really trying either....what I mean is' date=' that with the lap band I eat less, a lot less, than what I used to because the band controls my portions....Since my portions are now controlled, I now concentrate on eating healthy, low fat, high Protein foods....I do not count calories....and there are foods I will not, and in some cases cannot, eat anymore....pasta, breads, red meat, rice, etc, etc...

With the band, it has become a new lifestyle...eating good nutritious foods, and never overeating...it becomes a day to day, natural part of me without giving it a second thought....

I was fat because I ate too much, and always the wrong foods....now, and for the rest of my life, that is the complete opposite....so that old lifestyle caused to me gain weight, UN-naturally, with this new lifestyle I naturally returned to a normal weight.....

My Dr. says there is simply no excess weight - fat, left to loose, and that as planned, my body reached a equilibrium, a natural - normal state of balance....

Most importantly, this is not a diet where when I reach a goal I can turn it on or off....it is a permanent thing!! Always to be there and always to be this way....so I have no fear of ever "Falling off the wagon" and ever gaining the weight back...I do not see how that would be possible...as long as the band is there, it is impossible for me to over eat....and it is difficult to eat bad foods.....

With the band, I still have to think through why someone would only loose 50-60 %, OR LESS, and then stop....of course, one's weight is always equivalent to one's eating habits....perhaps they are holding back and not letting the band work to it's intended potential....following bad advice? From those who have not accomplished it themselves and think they know all the answers? There is certainly a lot of that going around. But it is something I'll never know.......but everyone is different and one thing is for sure....I will not and cannot argue with other peoples success experiences....if it worked, then that's all that matters....

I do know, that I am 100% happy where I am at right now...and have been for over 2 years...in the Green Zone....I also know that if I were to get any Fluid taken out at all, even the slightest, (not that I need or want to), it would tip that balance and my hunger/cravings would return, plus my portion sizes would increase, which result in weight gain...so I hope that never needs to happen....[/quote']

Well said B-52!