Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded and uncomfortable after eating

Hey all, I was banded two days ago and have had an uncomfortable tightness after eating today (soup and vege juice only). Is that normal? It almost feels like a stitch in my left side?

Can you elaborate more on what it is you feel/ felt? During those first days, I had to take TINY sips and pace myself. It took me 40-45 minutes to down a Boost shake. I'd take a zip, close the bottle... Wait and take another sip. Regardless of how careful I was, I would sometimes feel a little pain in the center of my chest, like a gust of gas trying to come out, but wouldn't get passed my throat. It has gotten much better as the days go by thank God.

Can you elaborate more on what it is you feel/ felt? During those first days, I had to take TINY sips and pace myself. It took me 40-45 minutes to down a Boost shake. I'd take a zip, close the bottle... Wait and take another sip. Regardless of how careful I was, I would sometimes feel a little pain in the center of my chest, like a gust of gas trying to come out, but wouldn't get passed my throat. It has gotten much better as the days go by thank God.

Are you even suppose to be eating now I had to have broth sugar free Jello or sugar free popsicles for like 3 days , go on the and look at the lapband post op diet if your doctor didn't give you the papers for the diet and you will know what to do look it up you can find it on the computer , hope you feel better.

Hey all, I was banded two days ago and have had an uncomfortable tightness after eating today (soup and vege juice only). Is that normal? It almost feels like a stitch in my left side?

yes as you are still very much swollen on the inside and it hurts going down....so its best to sip and sip and then sip some more...as the days progress, it will get easier to swallow and easier to eat/drink more..just follow the guidelines they gave you in regards to post op diet (liquids etc)...its vital to allow yourself to heal properly..dont rush it......be patient sweetie, you can do this...congrats on your surgery

Can you elaborate more on what it is you feel/ felt? During those first days' date=' I had to take TINY sips and pace myself. It took me 40-45 minutes to down a Boost shake. I'd take a zip, close the bottle... Wait and take another sip. Regardless of how careful I was, I would sometimes feel a little pain in the center of my chest, like a gust of gas trying to come out, but wouldn't get passed my throat. It has gotten much better as the days go by thank God.[/quote']

I have only been having thin liquids - my surgeon said it needed to be of the consistency that I could drink it with a straw. So Water, v8 juice, broth, and thin smooth Soups. It feels like a whole lot of gas is trapped in my tummy that I can't burp up and my tummy is making terrible noises!

Are you even suppose to be eating now I had to have broth sugar free Jello or sugar free popsicles for like 3 days ' date=' go on the and look at the lapband post op diet if your doctor didn't give you the papers for the diet and you will know what to do look it up you can find it on the computer , hope you feel better.[/quote']

No I'm not eating.. Thin liquids only. But I am having the pain after sipping broth or juice or even just Water.

yes as you are still very much swollen on the inside and it hurts going down....so its best to sip and sip and then sip some more...as the days progress' date=' it will get easier to swallow and easier to eat/drink more..just follow the guidelines they gave you in regards to post op diet (liquids etc)...its vital to allow yourself to heal properly..dont rush it......be patient sweetie, you can do this...congrats on your surgery[/quote']

Thanks :) maybe I need to sip slower! I'm thinking maybe its gas? I walked gently for a couple of minutes on the treadmill today and that seemed to help.

I am 5 days out, and have the same thing. It is getting better each day. I feel best in the morning, but as i drink thru the day, i get waterlogged and feel like I'm stuffed constantly. In trying to work with my schedule and change how I'm drinking and when.

Thanks :) maybe I need to sip slower! I'm thinking maybe its gas? I walked gently for a couple of minutes on the treadmill today and that seemed to help.

could be gas too as its gotta come out :wacko:

but def sip slow and in wee amounts...it will get easier as the swelling subsides

I am 5 days out' date=' and have the same thing. It is getting better each day. I feel best in the morning, but as i drink thru the day, i get waterlogged and feel like I'm stuffed constantly. In trying to work with my schedule and change how I'm drinking and when.[/quote']

I felt ok when I woke up but as soon as I started getting fluids in the trouble started. I desperately feel like I need to burp but can't!

A lot of us were told no straws and till this day and beyond I won't drink out of a straw I also had a medicine cup off a nyquil bottle that I used for my drinks for the first 2 days and I could only take sips every 15 min, then I would get up and walk for a few min just to relieve the gas (air) that could build up cause the walking helped and I still get air bubbles some times so if it doesn't get better then talk with the doc,

I think I'm feeling YOUR PAINS! Mine seems to feel like a fist under my left breast...right at the incision site... Clear liquids for me as well. Fill was this past Monday (8.5.13) - nurse stated I had 1cc....so she added 3 for a total of 4! I didn't hurt until I got up this morning and it'sbeen ALLLLLLDAYYYYYLONGGGG today! Not fun and so uncomfortable!