Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reaction to Chinese food!! - - Help!!

Has anyone had trouble eating Chinese food? I had a bowl of hot and sour Soup yesterday w/ some 'crunchy' noodles mixed in. Oh my gosh .... I thought I was going to die ..... I ate about 3/4 of it and had to stop ... I was so sick the rest of the day. I had diarrhea so bad I thought I was never going to stop. I don't know if it was the MGN that they put in it or what. All I know is that I am NEVER going to go for Chinese again!!

Anybody else ever have problems w/ Chinese?

Sherri

I love Chinese food....just love it, but not anymore!! It gets stuck every time I try it....been about 4 tries now and I am over it. I have tried all types of dishes, but no luck. The only thing I can get down is an eggroll which is not the best choice.

If you went to a place that has MSG in their food, you might try a place that doesn't have any. I love egg drop Soup, and hot and sour soup. Without the crunchy noodles they are really light, calorie wise.

Of course, there may have been something in that particular batch of soup that wasn't good, and you might have had a mild case of food poisioning or something.

Hope you are feeling better!!

sounds like MSG reaction. I have had the same reaction. Its hard to deal with. Just ask if they use MSG before ordering next time. I hope it works out for you.

As I was eating my preband version of Mu Shu Pork and Hot and Sour Soup tonight I was wondering about this postband. I do not put the crunchy things in my soup, nor do I eat the rice... and can live without the pancakes. Do you think I can eat this after being banded?

Of course, I think just the soup will fill be up after being banded...

hello all ,my name is thickness this is my first time visiting your site i'm really considering on getting the lap band do anyone have any advise for me .

hello all ,my name is thickness this is my first time visiting your site i'm really considering on getting the lap band do anyone have any advise for me .
remember to never let anyone steal your joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

:confused: don't laugh at me but i'm not sure if i'm doing this right at all but i guess i'll learn as i go and the more i visit the site i'm excited to be here wit u all tonite

:) don't laugh at me but i'm not sure if i'm doing this right at all but i guess i'll learn as i go and the more i visit the site i'm excited to be here wit u all tonite

Hi - I hate to call anyone THICKNESS, can you think of a more positive name? If not, so be it. I wanted to tell you that you're posting your introduction inside someone else's thread. On a message board that's kind of like interrupting someone while they're talking.

You'll get a better reception with a wider response if you start your own thread. The way you do that is to go to the LapBandTalk home page. Scroll down the page until you come to the forum called Introductions and click on it. At the top of the screen, on the left, you'll see a blue tab called "New Thread", click on it and re-introduce yourself. Another thing you can do is to add more information so people will be able to better respond to you. Things like your age, weight, where you're from, who your doctor is or if you're still looking for one. Ask a few questions and you're sure to get a response.

I hope this helps you out here on LBT. Welcome and keep posting. You'll get the hang of it. :nanahump:

I too love Chinese food but have discovered it doesn't go down well. The eggroll and rice go down just fine but the main dishes don't, so, since the parts I can tolerate aren't good for my new lifestyle, I'm afraid I'm going to have to put Chinese food on my list of "Not Worth The Effort and/or Grief" foods! Waaaaa.

I haven't tried chinese food yet, but from what you guys say it sounds like maybe I ought to stay away from it......I'm not sure if the restraunts here use msg or not, I guess I'll have to find out.

I love chinese too, but since I've been banded it's the Soup only for me. Even healthier dishes like sliced chicken & mixed veggies get stuck no matter how much chewing I do. Between the loss of that option, and pizza being even worse, I now cringe when DH suggests take out-- now that's just not right!

I love Chinese food!!! At least once a week we go! I took my son the other day and all I had was a bowl of Won Ton soup...yummy! And I have also had their seafood Soup which contains fish, shrimp, mussels, octopuss (did not eat!!) and veggies like cabbage and carrots....it was so good!!! As far as any other dishes...I have tried any veggie stir-fry and tofu. I love edamame!!! Those are so good and healthy for you. No egg rolls, fried food or white rice (brown only) and sometimes I will follow with a hot tea (good for the soul) :) No eating the fortune cookie...just read it! I think alot of the restaurants are moving towards a MSG-free menu but always ask.

I cant eat eggrolls they fill me too fast 1/2 one and not good for me. I can eat any rice dish. I have no issues with the Soups but my Dr. wants me to stay away from soups. I can eat about 5 pieces of chicken out of a meal normally get general tso's or sesame chicken. I LOVE CRAB RAGOONS :)

Well I don't even have good restriction yet and chinese food is a no go. It doesn't make me PB exactly it goes down eventually but is an uncomfortable ride. pizza is the same thing, tried that for the first time tonight and well, I won't be doing that again. Everyone is different just gotta try things cautiously and see how you fare.