Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

Two things:

1. This morning I got my pre-op supply of Protein shake from the doctor's office. Ready to go!

2. This evening I had my final hurrah. I saved all my carbs all day for Japanese hibachi shrimp and scallops. I could only eat about half because my stomach has shrunk a lot in the last month on the low carb diet. I feel stupid for having a last hurrah, but I think if I didn't I would stray sometime else down the road. ...then hubby suggested ice cream (which actually i have been dreaming of for a month) so I had a small. Now that I am home, I am going to have a bunch of Water (to ease some of the salt) and maybe I should start my pre-op diet 2 days early to compensate for the damage? I have to be on 3 weeks of shakes with one salad/protein a day plus 2 fruits (apple/pear/orange). I know I can recover from this meal. I think it's not the worst I've ever done. LOL And, I have been kicking up the exercise this week too. (I never knew I actually liked certain exercise, like biking and classes at the gym!).

Good luck to those who are getting banded in recent/upcoming days. Please let's keep up this thread and stay together for support.

This sounds like you actually did pretty good! You're being concious of your decisions, way to go!

I'm brand new to this group. I have finished all of my insurance requirements and just got put on the high Protein, low cal diet. Band date in the 16th. I'm so scared, I keep thinking maybe I didn't try hard enough with reg diet and exercise.

You know yourself better than anyone, maybe you didn't try hard enough, but you're going to have a tool from the 16th on out to help you. Today is a new day my friend!

Hi I am new to the site as well and I just found out on Sept. 5th that I was approved for Surgery and I am officially scheduled for Sept. 27th so excited. I am really excited to go thru this new journey with my family and now you all!!! Wishing everyone much success and blessings!

Im Sept. 11th cant wait!

I'm on day 3 post-op and everything went well, but today I'm fighting head hunger! Good grief, how many food commercials can they play in an hour? I know we all have to go thru this so I've just been staying on here reading most of the day just to distract my mind! Keeping the big picture in my mind!

Hi Irishflower i'm in Arizona and have a surgery date of Sep 19th

Hello! Congrats on sept 19! Unfortunately my Ins denied me so I have to jump through a few more hoops before i can get my surgery!

Yay another Arizona person! Who are you going through to have your surgery?

Hello.. well its been 24 hours since I have gotten home from hospital. My lap bad surgery went well everything is going good so far. I tolerated the Clear Liquids last night, so I moved on to cream Soup today. I can eat about a half a cup at a time, no real pain =) I also have some left shoulder pain from the gas they used, I have been walking as much as I can. I have stari-strips on 4 of the 5 incision but the 5th by port has a gauze pad and huge adhesive clear pad on it. I am bruised by port. If you have any questions lemme know I will try to answer. -- Debbi

Hello.. well its been 24 hours since I have gotten home from hospital. My lap bad surgery went well everything is going good so far. I tolerated the clear liquids last night' date=' so I moved on to cream Soup today. I can eat about a half a cup at a time, no real pain =) I also have some left shoulder pain from the gas they used, I have been walking as much as I can. I have stari-strips on 4 of the 5 incision but the 5th by port has a gauze pad and huge adhesive clear pad on it. I am bruised by port. If you have any questions lemme know I will try to answer. -- Debbi[/quote']

I'm so glad everything went well for you ! I just got home banded yesterday I can't believe it finally happened. I am in a ton of pain on meds :( but it will be worth it. I am on clear liquids for a week until I can have anything else. Same If anyone has any questions let me know. Good luck.

. I am in a ton of pain on meds :( but it will be worth it.

Sorry your in pain. It really doesn't hurt except in the port area, its bruised and sticking out a little bit. Not sure what pain meds your on but im on liquid 7.5 hydrocodone. 3tsp every 4 hours except at night, he said take 4 advils at a time. --Debbi

Hello! Congrats on sept 19! Unfortunately my Ins denied me so I have to jump through a few more hoops before i can get my surgery!

I've been going to trueresults in Scottsdale in phoneix.. i'm not acutally sure which of their dr's is doing the surgery i find that out on tuesday. Sorry to hear about the insurance i was worried about that too becuase of a recent gain i had as i was taken of my throyid meds for a month.. but thankfully i worried for nothing..

Well I Am on day #3 of pre op diet. My doctor told me, just dont eat any carbs. No liquids diet or Protein shakes.. Its kinda like an Adkins diet. My surgery is the 6th, and im so excited, its been a long way coming.

Anyone else have their doctor no give them a liquid diet?

-Debbi

How was your surgery? Hope all went well!!

How was your surgery? Hope all went well!!

It went well. I am on to cream based Soups, I haven't been feeling much pain, but today I am a little.

My port side is bruised and the stair strips itch a little.

All and all I feel very good. I can eat about a half cup or a little less in about 20mins.

If you have any questions lemme know...

-Debbi

Sorry your in pain. It really doesn't hurt except in the port area' date=' its bruised and sticking out a little bit. Not sure what pain meds your on but im on Liquid 7.5 hydrocodone. 3tsp every 4 hours except at night, he said take 4 advils at a time. --Debbi[/quote']

Thanks so much i wonder if I'm the only one that's in a ton of pain. I'm on Tylenol with codine 2 every 6 hours. It hurts to get up and down from bed and my couch. Can you get up on your own yet ?

I am so sorry that you keep getting denied.... You have come this far do not give up now.