Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Warrior or whimp?

Ok maybe I am a whimmpy warrior today. It's a zillion degrees outside. I am cold in this office but I am still whining about going to the gym!!!

I don't wanna go, I don't wanna stay so I am gonna get up off my big butt and drag it kicking screaming and whining all the way down to the gym.

Whaaaaaaa here I go, I don't like whiners making myself sick :)

haha....I'm laughing with you not at you. I feel the same way today, it has to be the heat, I feel like a bloated whale and don't feel like moving a muscle. I decided to not work out today but so I didn't feel so bad about it just ate VERY little and stayed away from carbs and salt.

I made it through the work out. I'm having a hard time commiting to working out, and I have to tell you I am HUNGRY later. I might need another lite fill or I am really just working up an appetite for ice cold fudge pops!!

Maybe an earlier work out today...

I begrudgingly got on my treadmill today. I didn't say a word. Just simply put on my clothes and shoes, got my Nike app ready, and ran. I only did 1.57 miles today and had a grumpy face the entire time. But! I did it! And so did you! Keep it up. Get into the routine and it will become a habit.

I made it through the work out. I'm having a hard time commiting to working out, and I have to tell you I am HUNGRY later. I might need another lite fill or I am really just working up an appetite for ice cold fudge pops!!

Maybe an earlier work out today...

Being hungry after a workout is proof it is working and making a difference...you're burning calories! But don't give in and replace what you just worked at and managed to burn off.....have a recover shake to satisfy instead....with plenty of Protein.

Thanks really trying to stay motivated to keep moving. I have been really tired as of late. I just made an appt with my PCP to see if my blood pressure meds are maybe too high for me now and making me super sleepy. It's also been very hot here on Long Island, but I have been OK with the heat and humidity, just really really tired.

I pushed through and went to the gym today. Walked for 45 minutes. I wonder if there is anyone out there who might be able to advise a good fitness routine for someone just starting out that doesn't have a whole lot of time to spend in the gym throughout the day.

At first I was walking way too fast at 3.0 for my target heart rate, so I have slowed down and walk in the range for weight loss and monitor it at intervals and I have increased the amount of time I am walking by 15 minutes.

I try to use the bike a couple of times a week, for 20 minutes to shift things up.

I am not really seeing the scale move, though I am feeling good and I can tell the inches are shifting in the way things fit.

I'd love to hear any advice you all have. I'm trying to stay motivated to get fit and keep losing the weight.

Lisa,

I try to go to the gym at least 4 times a week. However, for now, I'm sticking to the treadmill for an hour at 2.5 and incline of 2.0-2.5. That may not be a lot for others but for someone who hates exercise, it's a big accomplishment. My lapband doctor has been encouraging me from day 1 to exercise. I trust him, so I listen and take his advice. Yet, in two weeks, I haven't lost any weight! But I've had NSV moments.

Thanks still going strong! I made it to the gym 5 days last week. 40-45 minutes on the treadmill. I upped the MPH from 2.5-3.0 and do that at intervals. Not ready to jog just yet, I have short legs so going any faster would be a jog for me. Maybe next week I'll push it a little faster...but I am feeling better about it and making it part of my routine.

I think a little core work out and toning is in order to start working on building some muscle as well.

Thanks still going strong! ..........but I am feeling better about it and making it part of my routine.

Awesome! This is the key....MAKE it part of your routine! Congrats :)

You're doing great! 5 days per week is SUPER! Keep doing your thing and you'll be jogging/running in no time. A few things I've started doing- added 5 lb weights to work my arms while I'm walking (not running) on the treadmill and I've also been doing the 30 day squat challenge and WOW...I can feel a difference. Keep up the great work! :)