Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Telly girl, you rock. From everything you listed I'd say you are living a well-balanced, healthy lifestyle and, honey, if you can drop 18 pounds a month doing that, then hell yeah, go for it!! I wish I were as dedicated and driven as you!

I'm really really proud of you!! *hugs*

TY NJGirl and TriciaK,

I almost feel compelled to go back there for the sake of soon to be and newly banded folk. I can't tell you how many times I gave the www.lapbandtalk.com link to those people last night. I did that b/c I think they needed to have a good reference, resource about banded people before they bash soo much and to kinda help stop with the negative antics. Alot of them just really don't know about what we do and how we do it and how much alot of us love our band.

Usually it's not soo bad in there but omG last night..........

Thank you PhotoNut :P *huggles back*

You have no idea how much your support and everyone else's here puts the wind under my wings.

I wake up everyday and look in my mirror as I brush my teeth.. (no lie) and I say to myself in my best Jamaican accent....

"Evry ting gwan be aire mon..."

I'm serious. :D

Telly, you know what I think about this subject. But I wanted to come in here and say it again, you are a GREAT person who is working so hard and deserve every pound you lose. I like your comment about not being a "lazy loser" lol, so me before I met you! Kepp working hard and being a great inspiration to me.

Stupid ppl. Some RNY patients think that the RNY is THE only way to lose weight and can be mean about it to bandsters. I didn't know about lapbandtalk for awhile and was using obesityhelp, and LOTS of folks tried to talk me out of banding. Blah. Glad I did it. I LOVE MY BAND. Good for you for sticking up for all us bandsters!

:) Kristin

Well, it wasn't me! :paranoid

I hate OH. It goes the other way, too. It seems like no matter what surgery they had, they always think they have the best one. Trust me. I'm on number :), I've seen Band Vs. Bypass and now RNY vs. DS, too.

Like someone here said (I wish I could find who said this):

Ride your own ride....

You are absolutely right. The band is not for everyone, nor is the Open RNY. I just don't appreciate the fact that there were a few people that night trying to talk that girl out of banding. She has a choice and she made it. I felt they were trying to scare her into getting the "faster" weight loss procedure.

Everyone is different. I agree with that. "Ride your own ride" unless your car is broken down. :)

I absolutely agree with you, Telly. They should have respected her choice, just like they would expect that their own choice would be respected. Lord knows we were all nervous and scared enough before our surgerys (or is it surgeries?), it was just down right rude to try to "talk her out of it". Yet, on the other side, I had many, many bandsters try to talk me out of my DS. And just how many times was I accused of non-compliance? I don't know, but mine came out because scar tissue had blocked the tubing rending the band useless. I lost over a hundred pounds with the help of the band WHEN IT WAS WORKING PROPERLY, so the non compliance story is BUNK. I started regaining when I couldn't eat normal foods because we couldn't get any fill in or out (not to mention a pregnancy where I ate like a friggin cow)

But it isn't a perfect world, and may I say again, I HATE OH?

Sometimes you have to take "one for the team" when it comes to this kind of situation. You are almost obligated to speak up because you don't want someone with a bypass who has no idea what the band is about preaching their "truths" about the band to a pre or baby-bandster. You have to be sure they are getting the real story, good and bad. Some people don't know how to do much research, and they take what they read on the boards, or ONE post, as law. And yes, some people are just not cut out for the band, but we really don't have the right to pass that judgement, even if we feel so in our hearts. You just don't know what one will do with the band until they are there.

Just because the band didn't work out for me doesn't mean I slam it everytime I get a chance. There has been times I wouldn't recommend it to certain people, but I won't discourage anyone from their choice in surgery. I would suspect from what you wrote here that those people were bitter and angry and probably a whole lotta disappointed. I know I was, for a while, and I wasn't even self pay. They still should have been aware that there was pre/baby bandsters there. They could have taken it private to vent their frustration.

You will do it. I know it!!!

For those who had one of the other surgeries AND are negative about the band have major self-esteem issues, IMO. They have to think that they did the right thing, had the right surgery, that they are better than anyone else. Well, that is THEIR problem, not yours!!!

So, even if you don't quite make your goal (though I don't have any doubt that you will!), you will be almost there!!! And you are going to look SO MUCH HOTTER THAN THEM!!!

You really motivate me! I am exercising as much as I can and I am loving the results!

Telly is on fire! Good for you. There is nothing wrong with setting healthy goals.

I've also had the gastric bypass folks look down on me, during a support group meeting (all bypass and me). It's not that ALL bypass look down or judge, but just a few said some things that was judgemental. It was my first meeting. I don't mind saying that it wasn't for me. I need support not criticism. Hmmph.

I suppose all folks think their decision is best. I yell "hurray" to anyone who takes control of their life and support them.

good luck Telly! Shawn

Ty Rachele, Sheryl and CCBSTX,

Your words of encouragement and support and objectiveness is exactly what we all need to hear. We need to talk about differences and indifference. It's healthy I think.

As far as hitting my goal.. I know it sounds crazy but I know it can really happen. Not just for me but for everyone that really put forth the effort. Some of us are in this, with complications beyond our control. There are others with no complications, no co-morbidities and are just not doing right for themselves or the band. Then there are others that have no complications and no hold backs and are just gung-ho about their weight loss. There are banded people that can lose just as much weight and just as fast as a Gastric Bypass/RNY patient, with the right mindset and determination, anything and everything is possible. Hell.. it's even possible to pull through this and reach goal and not ever need a TT or Breast Augmentation.

I received a post today in my doctor's forum and something that the poster said struck... in a good way. She said, and I quote her verbatim:

Hi ______, I lost about 25 lbs in the first month after surgery and gained about 5lbs back waiting the 2 weeks until my first fill. I know it is all about lifestyle change, but the whole point of needing the surgery was to help to restrict what I could eat. Until your band is properly restricted, you probably won't see huge victories on the scale. Patience is the most important part of banding! Some people start this journey with an amazing gusto and ability to instantly change their lifestyle drastically. I was ready to change whatever it took to be successful, but I also needed the band to make a believer out of me. I needed to see it working, and then go from there. Lucky for me, it started showing me results right away and it made it easy for me to work with it... You can't get discouraged so early in your journey! Stay positive and be patient. You may need a few fills under your belt to get going! I know I am late in responding but I hope this helps in some way! Take care! ----------Anonymous

After analyzing what she said, I realized what she meant. She meant that the band does the same thing for everyone. Some rely on it wholely and some don't. Either way and at the end of the day, the WLS is serving the same purpose.

Telly, you ROCK!

So what if those RNY patients loose quicker than the bandsters. At least we don't look like death warmed over like most of them do. I'm a nurse and I see a lot of RNY patients come in with major infections, malnutrition,

dehydration and on occassion I have seen them die. Who made the wisest choice now? Keep up the good fight girl. Your picture clearly shows you have an absolutely beautiful face and now you have a body to match. Look out Beyonce, here comes Telly!

Mary Ann,

I'm glad I opted not to do the Open RNY procedure. Just didn't feel right, didn't seem right. I love this band.

Haha Beyonce? Pfffffft! In my dreams. Thank you for the compliment. My body has quite a bit of work to do yet but I'm trying and baby...when I reach my goal, I'm posting full nudes on here, lol! Ok maybe not full nudes, unless it's in the Plastic Surgery thread. I will have a TT done and won't mind showing a before surgery/after surgery photo. But yeah, I'll be most proud then.

Thank you again Mary Ann, muaaahhhzzz!

That person I spoke to last night was in www.obesityhelp.com chat room. I go there once in awhile b/c they have a very LIVE and crazy chat room that is mostly ran by RNY patients. Let me tell you that I feel they are just downright viscious.

.... :heh:

If I had stayed in the OH chats and on their board, I would be giving up totally. I couldn't have the RNY because the doctors said my heart wouldn't survive that surgery, but they HIGHLY recommended the lap band. Well, that OH group kept saying that I was wasting my time with the lap band; and I might as well diet/exercise the old way, cause if I didn't have the RNY I was going to be FAT forever.

The NEXT day I joined LapBandTalk.com and I am grateful that a Google search lead me to y'all. I am positive, I am losing, I am energitic.

THANK YOU ALL!!

AND TellyMelly, you stay away from those hateful RNYers on OH. Everything you need for success is right HERE.

Joyce :clap2: