Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

Surgery tomorrow (my birthday) at 1pm!!!

I'm praying for you!!! Oh' date=' I'm so sorry! My heart just aches for you :'( I totally understand the emotional eating. Try & remember the good memories with him...that may ease some of the pain during this time.....I was wanting to be an emotional eater today. Today was my first day back to work & I feel like I was hit by a train. I cannot eat because my stomach is tight. I'm miserable.[/quote']

Oh no! Not a great day to go back to work :(

I'm praying for you!!! Oh' date=' I'm so sorry! My heart just aches for you :'( I totally understand the emotional eating. Try & remember the good memories with him...that may ease some of the pain during this time.....I was wanting to be an emotional eater today. Today was my first day back to work & I feel like I was hit by a train. I cannot eat because my stomach is tight. I'm miserable.[/quote']

Thanks Jama. I'm sorry you had a rough day. I heard that stress can make the band tight. Has anyone had this happen?

Well....I'M BANDED! feeling very good at the moment' date=' decided to stay at the hospital over night because well why not, I enjoy having medical professionals watching over me.

My stomach was "floppy and stretched" so he gave me 5 Patterson stitches (sewed my stomach to the other side of my stomach) making it look similar to the sleeve procedure

Anyone have that?

Also NO GAS PAIN

Does that come later? So far I feel great, well wishes to everyone![/quote']

Yay!! Congratulations! I've never heard of Patterson stitches.. My gas pains started 24 hours later and in my shoulder. You might be one of the lucky ones who doesn't get much gas pain! :)

Hello All! This is my first post....I almost gave up' date=' couldn't figure it out! Band date is Oct 8th......soooo incredibly excited! !!![/quote']

Welcome! Have you started your pre-op diet?

Yay! Getting my first fill today!!

Good! Let's know how you feel.

Band scheduled for the 30th! Starting to get nervous. I think it's about the surgery in general. Ready to start on my journey! Hope all the other August Banders have great success!

Thanks Jama. I'm sorry you had a rough day. I heard that stress can make the band tight. Has anyone had this happen?

I hope its true because my left side is hurting (sore). Every time I take a deep breath. I hate to call the doctor, I just seen him yesterday. He said, where I pointed to was where my stomach was located. Maybe I pulled a muscle? Thanks for the info. I hope you have a better day tomorrow!!

Yay! Getting my first fill today!!

Yeah! Let me know how it goes!!! Mine is in 4 weeks.......

My weight loss has stalled as well. I am exactly the same weight I was two weeks ago at day 11 post-op. I'm certain mine is because I was able to eat more and more as I recovered and the swelling went down. Could it be your cycle? I tend to hold on to a couple of pounds of Fluid at that time of the month. Or sometimes it can take a little while to show on the scales. Give it another couple of days and then jump on the scales again. They reckon you should only weigh yourself once a week but I can't wait that long. I get on everyday or sometimes every second day! I'm sure that well deserved loss of yours will show on the scales soon :)

Thanks Angemc. Yeah I hadn't thought about my cycle effecting it. My cycle has been all screwy since I started the preop diet so I guess that's possible. Today I got on the scale and gained another 1.5lbs and yesterday I actually ended up at just under 800 calories. I don't get it. I obviously burn more than 800 calories a day just being alive not to include all the walking and whatnot at work. I need to start seeing numbers coming down not going up or even stalling out. I could do that without the band. Lol!!!

Thanks Angemc. Yeah I hadn't thought about my cycle effecting it. My cycle has been all screwy since I started the preop diet so I guess that's possible. Today I got on the scale and gained another 1.5lbs and yesterday I actually ended up at just under 800 calories. I don't get it. I obviously burn more than 800 calories a day just being alive not to include all the walking and whatnot at work. I need to start seeing numbers coming down not going up or even stalling out. I could do that without the band. Lol!!!

Haha.. you want that band to show that it was worth all that pain and trauma!! I've just had another thought.. have your bowel movements been regular (sorry another personal question lol) because I was told a poo can weigh 2lbs!!

Ok bandsters.. after a day of needles with dental surgery in the morning and my first fill in the afternoon, I can tell you that I almost didn't feel a thing when the doc put the needle in my port! My port is 1 inch below my largest incision, and he took about 30 seconds to find it. It was the tiniest little pinch as the needle went in, and then I didn't feel a thing! But I do have the say, the needle is HUGE. I started to sweat when I saw it but it really was nothing. And the good news was I am only on liquids for today. Tomorrow I can go back to normal food. Yay!! My doc seemed very surprised though when he asked me if I had been hungry and I said yes.. Hmmm. According to his scales I had lost 3lbs in the two weeks since I saw him last, but according to my scales, I have stayed the same. But I have since realised that his assistant weighed me with the shoes on a fortnight ago, and he weighed me without my shoes. So I'm fairly confident it was my shoes that lost 3lbs!!! I have felt a little less hungry since the fill but I think that could be just my head telling my tummy to do better now I've had a fill :)

Ok bandsters.. after a day of needles with dental surgery in the morning and my first fill in the afternoon' date=' I can tell you that I almost didn't feel a thing when the doc put the needle in my port! My port is 1 inch below my largest incision, and he took about 30 seconds to find it. It was the tiniest little pinch as the needle went in, and then I didn't feel a thing! But I do have the say, the needle is HUGE. I started to sweat when I saw it but it really was nothing. And the good news was I am only on liquids for today. Tomorrow I can go back to normal food. Yay!! My doc seemed very surprised though when he asked me if I had been hungry and I said yes.. Hmmm. According to his scales I had lost 3lbs in the two weeks since I saw him last, but according to my scales, I have stayed the same. But I have since realised that his assistant weighed me with the shoes on a fortnight ago, and he weighed me without my shoes. So I'm fairly confident it was my shoes that lost 3lbs!!! I have felt a little less hungry since the fill but I think that could be just my head telling my tummy to do better now I've had a fill :)[/quote']

Hey if it helps mentally as well there is nothing wrong with that. I hope that it does help your hunger. I would still be excited about 3 lbs. Even if it was shoes! I'm glad you get to eat real foods tomorrow. Let us know.

Alright band buddies. Should we start a monthly challenge under our Aug 2013 support group? From what I can tell you give your basic info: screen or real name, starting weight, weight now, and goal weight at the end of the month. We can modify and do it however we want. I hope we all can continue to be in our support group for years to come as this will be a life long process and for me personally I enjoy talking to everyone. I love that we are from all over the world. Let me know your thoughts.