Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Today

I don't know if you watch Reality TV, but I was at RockStar Supernova (Tommy Lee was trippin!!) and The ONE taping and danced my booty off! So...my workout yesterday insisted of lots of dancing and walking!!

I LOVE Reality TV!! And I have Supernova Tivo'ed!! Can I see you in the audience?

No on RockStar, yes on THE ONE! Did you watch it yet? If so, I will let you in on a secret. If not, I won't ruin it for you! I will say it SO MUCH better live, and there is so much that is said that they leave off of TV.

Jenn - I did not watch The One, I forgot it was starting this week....oh but I do love secrets!!! Please share. :music:

Also, as far as working out, I have good news, in a day or so I will no longer be posting that I was not able to work out because of my allegedly broken/fractured foot and all I could do is stupid arm exercises.

Turns out I have arthritis (WTF?) in my big toe! The Dr. said it is common in young (smile) people. Whatever, it hurts like a motha but I should be better in 2 days. He also has freed me to to the eliptical in the meantime. yea!!:clap2::whoo: :clap2:

I did a boxing circuit this morning - it was AWESOME!!! I absolutely loved it, it was great fun. It feels so good to be able to do something like that as a spur of the moment decision and not only keep up but be able to put 150% into it.

Apparently I'd make a good boxer as on the kicking part, I sent to poor girl holding the bag for me flying across the room! Ugh. She actually hurt herself a bit. I'm pretty tall, so I have a lot of power.

I think I sprained my wrist a bit though and I KNOW I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

I want to make this part of my regular routine, it must burn a ton of calories as its really intense.

I also did a very easy 3km on the treadmill, slow and flat.

I am getting banded on August 1st. Usually how long do most doctors make you wait until you can exercise? I was just wondering....

I was walking the next day, I kept that up for maybe 3 weeks and then I went back to the gym - elliptical and light weight work, I think I held off until 6 weeks to do any ab work. I struggled a bit with the time commitment of getting to the gym and went out to try jogging/walking about 3 months after surgery and have been running regularly ever since.

I'm getting back into some heavier toning/weights work now almost 8 months down the track - I've built up enough cardiovascular fitness that a good long run doesnt tire me out for the rest of the day like it used to so now's the time to add the strength component to my workouts.

Just take your time, build up as you feel ready and take it easy for the first couple of weeks.

K-CEE, congrats on your upcoming surgery date. To answer your question, my surgeon ok'd walking from the get-go but said to hold off on anything else for the first 8 weeks. He also said that I should not lift more than 20 pounds for the first 4 weeks. Following that, the sky was the limit.

07/28/2006

7 mile jog/run/walk

400 crunches

Floor exercises ..push ups, leg lifts..etc.

07/29/2006- Lower body Circuit Training Day

7mile run/jog/walk

5 minutes Treadmill, cardio warmup

Leg Curls - 15 reps, 3 sets

Leg Press - 15 reps, 3 sets

Abduction - 15 reps, 3 sets

Adduction - 15 reps, 3sets

Calves - 15 reps, 3 sets each

Squats - 15 reps, 3 sets each

Lounges - 15 reps, 3 sets each

Abdominal machine - 15 reps, 3 sets each

07/30/2006- Upper Body Training Day

7 mile run/walk/jog

5 min treadmill run at 4.5 mph for warmup

Chest press - 15 reps, 3 sets

Chest Fly -15 reps, 3 sets

Rear Delts - 15 reps, 3 sets

Bicep Curl - 15 reps, 3 sets

Tricep Curl - 15 reps, 3 sets

Shoulder - 15 reps, 3 sets

Back Row - 15 reps, 3 sets

Back & something else 15 reps, 3 sets

Abdominal machine 15 reps, 3 sets

I need to get some serious exercise in this weekend. When I come back Monday I will let you know of all that I have done. I have don 35 miles of walking this month and I was suppost to do at least 50...so off I go to get those 15 miles in.....scweights.gif 460.gif biker.gif stripperonpole.gif stepper.gif bun.gif pray.gif 3_4_5.gif

I want in on this thread!

Today 7/28:

45 minutes upper body WT

Biked to work and back: apprx 8 miles of evil hills

Filmed video, operated steadicam: apprx 2 hours

Treadmill 20 minutes at 3.0 - 3.5

Upper body

Lower body workouts.

Did better today. Went at 3PM and the gym was not too crowded, felt more comfortable!

I'm going to have a day off today, I am so stiff I can hardly move, lol. Even the muscles on the back of my hands are stiff, and even weirder, the back of my head is stiff.

Gotta add boxing as a regular workout!

Plans for today:

Sweep and mop entire house (up and down stairs) DONE

Clean bathrooms DONE

25 minutes on treadmill DONE

upper body workout DONE

DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!!

We're about to head off for a walk round the Botanical Gardens in Melbourne, its a lovely Sunday morning. I'm still sore sore sore from Friday's boxing.