Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has everyone been told No More Carbonation? I miss my Mt. Dew so bad.

Yes, you can drink a soda that has set out for a couple hours, if you have to have your Mt. Dew!

I went a year without a soda and now I drink them regularly. Sometimes diet sometimes not. Some docs will say yes and some will say no. The makers of the lapband definitely say no. If you start drinking soda again you will gain weight more than likely. Honestly, I wish I wouldn't have started again but I too really enjoy sodas. I try diet but can only stand them so much. If I were your doc I would tell you hell no. That's about the long and the short of it.

Yes, you can drink a soda that has set out for a couple hours, if you have to have your Mt. Dew!

I just drink it over ice. That kills most of the bubbles.

I still drink it with no problems. For you Mountain Lovers out there, you should try Mello Yello Zero. It's a really good substitute. :)

Even though I do love sodas I am very aware they are not good for you and I have never drank a lot of them. Maybe 1 every 2 days or something. How soon after surgery did you get to drink one?

I waited two weeks before I finally gave in.

some drs say yes and some say no

and as you can see, people tend to do whatever they want to anyhow :)

i say do whatever your dr tells/advises you to do

my dr told me no (same with straws) and i chose to adhere to what they said/advised me to do. so far so good....i havent had a soda or used a straw since i started pre op....nothing missed...

My doc said no, but I have a friend whose doc said it was ok after 6 months post. I have tasted one, honestly it made my stomach hurt so I don't drink them at all anymore. After finding out that Mt. Dew has oil in it (look it up it's in there) I can't think of drinking it. I mean yuck!!

I highly recommend trying the different flavors of crystal light and propel- they are excellent and allow you to change up the taste of Water. I drank Crystal Light peach mango green tea for a while, now I am on Propel grape, sometimes crystal light lemonade. All good stuff.

Ditto everyone else's posts. I occasionally drink a diet coke (like once a month) and it doesn't bother me. However, some drinks like beer, are just way too uncomfortable and I forego them in fear it'll cause issues. I would be equally concerned with the 'liquid cals' issue and would consider converting to a zero version of your pop choice. Those pesky liq. cals alone can thwart your wl efforts.

A friend of mine got the band a few years ago. She lost a ton of weight...started drink specifically Mountain Dew and gained half the weight back already. I do hope that IF you must drink it....you are doing Diet Dew...! Sugar calories sneak up. Best of luck! Lisa

I was a huge Diet Coke fan before my surgery. I stayed away from it for about 6 months post op, but then was told by my doctor, it was OK if I really wanted it. I usually have about 1 glass a day now - I just drink it slowly and savor every sip.

I'm 2 months Post op and tried a sip of a diet coke just a couple of days ago. It was awful. Felt awful going down and it felt awful until my stomach settled. That makes it easier for me to choose not to drink them, I suppose, but I do miss my coke zero.

I sure do like Jack & Cokes! :P

my drug of choice when eating out was Sprite or sweet tea, oh how I miss it, but now I look at it as empty calories and I'd rather eat my calories and savor the flavor of food rather than drink it. But a good Sprite sure would be good, just sayin.