Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Ah-Ha moment...What was yours?

I have been wondering where the weight was coming off at? couldn't really tell. I took a shower and stepped on the scale and yes down pounds but still not sure where......Until I put a night gown on that when I used to put it on I would move my arms out threw it to stretch it so that it fits better, Come on ladies I am sure others have done this, and low and behold AH-HA! I put it on without having to stretch it out:) My AH-HA moment shared, so what was yours?

When I had to pull a ton of stuff out of the closet that didn't fit anymore. Woohooo ! Several garbage bags later im thinking "This is fun !Everthings toooo big !!

When I had to pull a ton of stuff out of the closet that didn't fit anymore. Woohooo ! Several garbage bags later im thinking "This is fun !Everthings toooo big !!

I am waiting for that fun time:)

my ah - ha is the same as yours so yes there are others that stretch it out with our arms lol

When my underwear was falling off my butt......

The aha moment for me was putting on one of my button down shirts that I wore open with a cami underneath because I could no longer close the shirts. One day I put on one of those shirts and realized it was flapping around a bit much and to my amazement I was able to button it back up. It was at that moment I realized the weight was coming off and I was getting smaller.

Ah yes, the ole' stretch & wear syndrome :rolleyes: My nightgowns, T-shirts, stretchy pants.....ALL of it!

I had the same experience just this week. I couldn't find a nightgown to wear (guess they were all in the laundry), so I pulled an old one out of the drawer. Hadn't worn it in about 2 years. I thought.....okay, maybe? Put it on - NO problem! This morning I went shopping in my closet, and pulled things out of nooks & crannies that hadn't been on this body in a long time. Some of them fit. I'm elated!!!

All of the above and when I could wrap a "normal" size towel around me and could tuck it it and it did not fall off.lol

All of the above and when I could wrap a "normal" size towel around me and could tuck it it and it did not fall off.lol

I always use bath sheets, and as I was gaining weight, momentarily thought they might be shrinking. Really??! Yes, a fleeting thought with a huge dose of reality. The towel is wrapping around a bit better now, but not as good as it WILL be :-)

mine was when i was able to walk around the block..

my son told me i was going to be a grandmother last year before surgery

and i wanted to be able to push a stroller around the block...

when i was finally able to do that....not only did i have that a ha moment, but broke down and cried

i love my band and plication..i love the support i found on here..i am living again..

mine was when i was able to walk around the block..

my son told me i was going to be a grandmother last year before surgery

and i wanted to be able to push a stroller around the block...

when i was finally able to do that....not only did i have that a ha moment, but broke down and cried

i love my band and plication..i love the support i found on here..i am living again..

CG - you brought tears to my eyes.....

Ah yes, the ole' stretch & wear syndrome :rolleyes: My nightgowns, T-shirts, stretchy pants.....ALL of it!

I had the same experience just this week. I couldn't find a nightgown to wear (guess they were all in the laundry), so I pulled an old one out of the drawer. Hadn't worn it in about 2 years. I thought.....okay, maybe? Put it on - NO problem! This morning I went shopping in my closet, and pulled things out of nooks & crannies that hadn't been on this body in a long time. Some of them fit. I'm elated!!!

It's funny the little things that we notice. I am glad to see everyone reply:) I love this site and all of the friends I am making here

I had so much fun in those early months. Every time I did the laundry I had more clothes that were too big. I would stack them outside my closet door. It was fun to watch the pile get taller and taller as the months by. It wasn't long and the pile was almost as tall as i was and toppled over. It was a great visual reinforcer of the progress I was making when I was having a bad day.