Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

70 pounds in 7 months

WOW, that is fantastic!!!

Congrats to you on all your hard work, happy for you :)

Awesome! I'm down 50' date=' and I've hit a plateau. I hope to do as well as you are![/quote']

I stalled for a bit so I really looked at what I was eating and found a cookie here and there. I truly believe carbs are the enemy. When I add too many, that's when I stall. I don't do sugar free anything; check your labels and you will find when they make something sugar free, they add carbs and sometimes the sugar free version has more carbs than the reg version of something. Sugar alcohols can raise your blood sugar and frankly they make me sick if I eat something containing them. Look closely at what your eating-type of foods and amt and you will find the secret to your stall! I did. :0)

I totally agree I was worried that i wouldn't be able to eat pizza and I had a piece (not the four I use to) and it was too much work and i don't want it. I also struggle with ordering food like I use to not sure why i do this and eat nothing. The one big thing I have noticed is just how fast people eat and that one is hard because I feel i have to keep up but naturally I can't. I haven't told anyone about the surgery and people really do notice but I am losing so i don't care!

In my line of work (I'm an RN) we only get 30min for lunch and if you don't pack your lunch, you spend 10to 15 min standing in line just to get your food. Sometimes I eat in the cafeteria if I know they are going to have fish or I forgot to pack my own. For the longest time I had to eat alone because I couldn't behave myself and slow down or I would try to eat and talk. I felt myself slip back into my old habits of eating fast and talking and did get something stuck while sitting with a coworker. It is actual work to retrain myself and s-l-o-w down and chew my food! A fellow coworker who also had the lapband said when you do that, you can actually enjoy what your eating! I don't know how I feel about some saying they haven't told people about their surgery except that this is your journey and its your right not to tell anyone. For me, it helps with my accountability that people know; if I don't tell anyone I could sneak food, eat the wrong things and no one would say anything because they DIdnt know. I may not be as focused as I should. I could see myself doing that. But I work in a same day surgery unit where my surgeon works and does lapbands so that would be a little hard to hide from coworkers. Some people don't have supportive friends or family and look at you like "geez can't she just hop on the treadmill and lose it?" I am ready to deal with those people; I don't look at it as a failure to lose weight on my part by choosing the lapband. I look at it as me taking control of my health and realizing that what works for one person may not work for another and that's ok. I DID SOMETHING about my health, am still motivated and actually got some lab work done today as follow up from my family doctor, and I'm no longer prediabetic! My fasting blood sugar is 96! That is why I did the lapband- to improve my health. If you don't want to tell anyone that is your right to do so and nobody should judge you- if they say something about how slow your eating, just tell them you had some dental work done! Keep going and good luck! One last note....if others know you may actually inspire someone else when they see how great your doing!

Down 70 pounds so far...has been a big learning experience. I feel great so far and am adjusting to all the compliments I get. It is so wonderful to be able to pull something out of the closet I thought I would never wear and it fits easily! 50 more pounds to go!

congrats-2.gif

Just keep doing what you've been doing! Awesome!