Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I have been reading lots of posts and it has been very informative. I had my surgery this past monday on the 10th. Trying to navigate myself through this journey.

Hi!! I had mine June 11th. How are you feeling? Im still very sore and a bit swollen around the port incision. I'm not able to drink very much at a time. I feel like I'm just barely staying hydrated. I get full extremely fast! I've been walking around the house...but it really hurts! I know...walking will help so I force myself to do it. My Dr. Said to alternate Tylenol and Advil. I know a lot of dr's say no to Advil but that's his protocol. Are you taking anything for pain? Any swelling?

I hope your feeling well

So excited to have begun this journey!!

best wishes to all

I had mine on the 11 th as well .. Feeling bloated and gas too.. It's hard getting down those protien drinks.. But I'm having my sugar free Jello ice pops tea Water Gatorade and coconut water too ... Best of luck to you

How did u guys feel the day after surgery? I ha mine yesterday and I keep waiting for the pain to it. My stomach is sore but not painful. Most of the discomfort has come

From gas in shoulders and chest but does not feel bad right now. Been walking around the house a lot and keeping ice on stomach and where the gas pains pop up

I had mine on the 12th. I feel the gas pressure as well. I'm a little sore but it's not too bad. I have only drank Powerade Zero and Water so far. I don't really have an appetite for anything else. I might try a sugar free popsicle today. Good luck to everyone who just got banded. We'll make the journey together!

Congrats everyone. 2 nd week gets better. But my ladies, you understand this one, got my period 2nd week. Worst cramps and period in along time. Wondering if surgery made it worse?? Had surgery June 3rd...lost 13lbs so far!

Congrats everyone. 2 nd week gets better. But my ladies' date=' you understand this one, got my period 2nd week. Worst cramps and period in along time. Wondering if surgery made it worse?? Had surgery June 3rd...lost 13lbs so far![/quote']

I sure hope the 2nd week is better. I'm on day 4. Still sore and swollen. I know I just had major surgery but I guess I thought it wouldn't be this bad. Plus I'm only taking Tylenol. And...I started my period today too. Grrrr! To top it off my eyes are dilated from the anti nausea meds. So I have blurred vision up close. Thankfully I can see far with my glasses on. Anyone else experience this? I'm just going to take it one day at a time!! Sorry to rant! I hope everyone else is doing well!!

Is this why I can't see?!? I thought my eyes have gotten worse. I had 3 doses of nausea meds in my IV yesterday and the patch because I was sick after surgery. The nurse told me to leave the patch on through Saturday as it works for 72 hours. Maybe I'll take it off though. I really would like to read my book. Lol!

Sorry you got so sick yesterday. I was very fortunate and did not. My recovery nurse kept aski g me if I was nauseated but I did good. I thought when I got on the scale this am I would have gained due to all the gas but was surprisingly down. Did u get on the scales this am?

Sorry you got so sick yesterday. I was very fortunate and did not. My recovery nurse kept aski g me if I was nauseated but I did good. I thought when I got on the scale this am I would have gained due to all the gas but was surprisingly down. Did u get on the scales this am?

No, I haven't got on the scale yet. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday. Yeah, my doctor said most don't get sick, I guess I was one of the lucky ones :-)

I sure hope the 2nd week is better. I'm on day 4. Still sore and swollen. I know I just had major surgery but I guess I thought it wouldn't be this bad. Plus I'm only taking Tylenol. And...I started my period today too. Grrrr! To top it off my eyes are dilated from the anti nausea meds. So I have blurred vision up close. Thankfully I can see far with my glasses on. Anyone else experience this? I'm just going to take it one day at a time!! Sorry to rant! I hope everyone else is doing well!!

Your better then me. You should of gotten some pain meds in addition to Tylenol but you made it thru the rough part and period does not help. Good luck!

Im 7 days out. because of all my scar tissue due to my 2 prior procedures im still on Roxicet. It doesn't really help the pain it just masks it. I have also been on pain meds for the last 4 years off and on. I have had no problem at all getting down 3-4 shakes a day. plus pops and Jello inbetween if I am hungry. Looking at everyone elses posts Im already wondering if this one too has failed. I at approx. 900-1100 calories a day with now problem at all. I have a lot of gas and have had started moving by bowels yesterday. Mostly soft stools border line diarrhea. I am down 11lbs and cant wait to be able to start working out. The rain has stopped (for a day) so I am excited to get some walking and activity in today....

Well..its day 6 for me now.doing much better. Incisions still somewhat sore and a bit swollen but ice helped a lot last night. I recommend it. How long until my incisions are completely healed? Anyone know? I was able to go to my yoga class Saturday morning in moderation. Must be on the mend.

3 days out, I am doing great, today was the first day I was hungry, I had a some beef brof and glorious feeling, I felt full, brand new feeling.... It felt great