Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dietitian visit not paided by insurance

I just found out that my insurance will not pay for seeing the diettitian. I saw her last week and am being charged $272.00 for the one visit. Called both insurance and clinic and neither one can help. Asked for the contracted rate from the clinic and they said they won't give that since insurance denied the claim. So frustrated I won't be seeing her anymore at that price. Insurance said they only cover if you are pregnant and have gestational diabetes. Well I sure am not going to get pregnant just to see the diettian. ;) Any one have and suggestions?

When I had surgery, I was billed $647 by the surgical assistant. My insurance denied the claim on the basis that this assistant was not a member of their providers list. But on the benefits statement, the allowable fee was listed. I sent him a check for about $350 along with the EOB and a letter of explanation that I was paying the allowable amount by the insurance carrier and that he should accept this as payment in full. He did and I've never heard a word from him since. tmf

Thats a ridiculous amount for ONE visit! I just checked my EOB/insurance. My insurance gets charged $35 for each follow up NUT visit... UNLESS I get an adjustment, then its included....Your's must be something super special for that fee.

I'd call up other dietitians and find out what they charge if it's out of your own pocket. That is ridiculous! I hate it when a profession takes advantage of a situation where they plan on overcharging because they know the weight loss business is a huge, huge money making industry.

Shame on your dietician for taking advantage of you financially.

I'm a cash patient. I saw the nutritionist today for $25. Every visit (after the first year, which is free) is $75, including any fills or X-rays or it is $240 for 6 months of unlimited appointments and fills/studies. Compliance is of the utmost importance in a banded patient, and my Dr. makes sure cost will not keep patients from visiting. What you are being charged is unacceptable.

I just found out that my insurance will not pay for seeing the diettitian. I saw her last week and am being charged 272.00 for the one visit. Called both insurance and clinic and neither one can help. Asked for the contracted rate from the clinic and they said they won't give that since insurance denied the claim. So frustrated I won't be seeing her anymore at that price. Insurance said they only cover if you are pregnant and have gestational diabetes. Well I sure am not going to get pregnant just to see the diettian. ;) Any one have and suggestions?

I went to the hospital and I seen the dietician there. The first visit was 60.00' but she talked to me for 2 hours, and went over everything about the lap band, and had a book with all the information and recipes, she was awesome! The return visits are 35 each, but she will help to keep me on the right track.