Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So just got home from my 2.5 hr orientation and 2 hr drive I'm beat. But kaiser seems to be very anti lap band so I'm moving in over to the sleeve.

I hate that when surgeons bash the band they throw out failure percentages but never bother to sort what is actual band failure and what is patient failure. I am so glad my surgeon and his team are all on the Bandwagon. Several in his own office are band success stories and several more throughout his hospital are as well. They are living proof that the band can and does work. I am at the beginning of my lapband journey (5 months June 21st) and I have no doubt the band was the right choice for me. I just changed my beginning number because last time I was at my Dr she looked back at my top weight and it was 448 pounds in December. Today the scale said 290. I feel better then I have felt in 15-20 years. Oh yeah did I say I love my band.

Good luck with whatever you choose! The only thing that I can say is Figure out what surgery YOU want. It's your body, your stomach, your LIFE.

Personally I researched the band and sleeve thoroughly on my own. THEN after I decided to go with the band I researched surgeons in my area that did the lap-band surgery. I chose one that is 45 minutes away even though there are tons within 15-20 minutes of my house. But, I'll drive the extra little distance to choose the SURGEON that I want! Heck my wife is a corporate accountant with physician offices that perform the lap-band procedure. I didn't choose them :) It's my journey and I'm calling the shots with who I want to help.

I would just urge you to do research on your own. Not saying the sleeve isn't the right surgery for you, it may very well be! BUT, you should decide that, not your doctor. FYI some doc's like sleeve/bypass over band because of the aftercare that the band requires. They charge more and have to do less aftercare with sleeve/bypass. Anyways good luck no matter what you choose! I wish you nothing but success!!!

no matter what WLS one gets, unless they develop better eating habits and also begin to (exercise to help tone/weight loss) it wont work....granted it may work at the beginning......

my dr wanted me to have the bypass because of my starting BMI/weight and i chose not to....i took responsibility for my eating and my moving and made that change.....he now uses me as an example of what (to do)......a year ago i was having trouble wiping my butt......now i am doing step aerobics...

comes down to want power...

best of luck in whatever you choose.

i feel as others do, i chose wisely for me.