Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

discomfort from Port to pouch

Hi peeps, long time no talk! I've been doing well until today. So here's the scoop. I was banded on May 13th and had a 2cc fill on the 20th

At that appointment my doc told me to start incorporating regular foods two days after my fill. I did with no complications. Until today. Night before last I had a bit of tuna for dinner. And I chewed and chewed and chewed some more. Then for lunch yesterday I had baked tilapia 1/4 filet with a bite or two of cabbage. Again I chewed until it was mushy mush. Today I feel (not sure if it's been there this whole time or not) a ridge from port to pouch. And my abdomen is a bit sore and distended. I have chewed a couple of gas c with some but not much relief. So here's the question. Has anyone else experienced this? The discomfort as well as the raised area from port to pouch?

The pain sounds more like muscle pain that eating related. It's always best to call the doctor with pains. Yes, you could have some type of infection, but more than likely your moved wrong or worked some muscles around that area that are feeling the foreign body. Plus, all your nevers are starting to rebuild post op and you will have some odd sensations.

I went to the doctor a month post op freaked out that something was wrong because my port was killing me. Found out that it was just an internal suture that hadn't desolved yet causing some iritation. No problems, just try to continue as normal. In about a week the pain was gone.

The tube from your port goes inside your body. You can't feel or see it. You're looking at something else I would think?

Distended stomachs are common with the band. Should only last an hour or two though?

tmf

This sounds like something I'd want to discuss with my doctor's office. My surgeon has nurses on staff to deal with problems or questions such as these. You shouldn't be relying on anecdotal advice for these sort or issues! Please call you surgeon's office.

Well I did call my docs office yesterday afternoon. They seem to think I'm constipated. I took milk of magnesia with the expected results. I do feel some relief. But I'm going to have to call back this morning because I have a nice pale red ring around my port area about 3 inches in diameter. The incision itself is fine, just the red ring around it. And there is a red streak going from port to pouch, also where my pouch is, it's very hard a protruding. Almost like my port. I'm afraid this does not bode well. I'm trying not to freak out but of course I am.

let us know what they say.. that's odd

Well here it is several days later and the redness is gone. I called the doc that day and they called an antibiotic in and I see my docs partner tomorrow for a follow up. But Friday night I had potato Soup and a few small bites of a roll. Woke up Saturday with pressure and pain in my mid breastbone area. Not sharp burning pain just a dull ache. Pressure. As if that damn roll that I should not have had is STUCK! I drank Water, hot tea, coffee, hot water with lemon, pineapple juice and even butter. You name it, I've tried it. I have not slimed. Had the urge ever to throw up. Never been nauseated nor pb'd. Just pressure. So I have to go in tomorrow and possibly have an unfill. Dammit! I honestly cannot believe I did this to myself. I really thought I was following the band rules. But I suppose I was a bit overzealous with the bread. I am hoping that this will right the wrong I inflicted upon myself and that I have not done serious damage. I have already buried the mental bread. Now to hopefully get rid of the physical bread! And can I just say, I ABSOLUTELY love this forum! I spend quite a bit of time on here reading. I hardly ever post or respond because I'm too busy reading! But such a plethora of information!