Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks everyone I am starting the lapband process and I have my first seminar this week and possibly meet with the dietitian on Thursday

I know a bunch of people have said they like the Premier Protein, especially the frosty chocolate, and they're the ones my doctor recommended, so I bought one case of choc and one of vanilla. I just tried the chocolate one this afternoon for the first time and it was horrible!! I couldn't even finish it. I really really tried to convince myself that it was good but it really wasn't and now I have to drink 3 more and 4 vanillas:( Anybody do anything to make them taste better? My surgery isn't for 3 more weeks so I'll probably finish these and then try the GNC or Unjury ones.

Don't expect any of the Protein Shakes to taste like Slimfast, Carnation Instant Breakfast or chocolate milk, because they won't. I started out with Unjury, tried True Results mix, Muscle Milk, Labrada Lean Body etc. The Labrada Lean Body ready to drink are okay, a little sweet for me, but I usually drink the Premier Protein ready to drink. They have the most Protein (30 g) for the least amount of calories (160), sugar (1g) and volume. I still have Unjury powder left. I think a couple are open and one or two are unopened. If someone wants them they are welcome to them if they pay the shipping. If not I'm going to throw them away. There's nothing wrong with them, I'm just tired of them and prefer the ready to drink. It's mostly trial and error to find a brand that you like and can stick with.

I got some PB2 and PB2 chocolate the other day and today I put part of a Labrada Lean Body banana shake, a little bit of honey, a tablespoon of PB2 and a few ice cubes in my drink blender. It was pretty tasty!

Thanks you guys I'm going out today to make my purchase ! I start my pre op on June 25 th !

Instyle 98 key me know what you have in Unjury. Email turtlesoup21230@gmail.com

I like the unjury vanilla - but only if it is really cold. I have had it with Water and skim milk. Didn't like the chocolate splendor - nothing I did kept it from being grainy. I just ordered samples of the strawberry and chicken Soup to try so I am not straight vanilla all day every day.

You are probably already onto this - but def check the sugar and sodium in the options - some of the tastiest bottled versions I've bought when I'm out and about have tons of both in them.

I love Body Fortress!! No after taste and lots of protein!

The only kind I buy. I only drink chocolate and add 8 oz skim milk, a little Decaf instant coffee, peppermint extract and tons of ice and make a thick shake. They are great. HAVE one every morning for Breakfast for over 1 year.

I know a bunch of people have said they like the premier protein' date=' especially the frosty chocolate, and they're the ones my doctor recommended, so I bought one case of choc and one of vanilla. I just tried the chocolate one this afternoon for the first time and it was horrible!! I couldn't even finish it. I really really tried to convince myself that it was good but it really wasn't and now I have to drink 3 more and 4 vanillas:( Anybody do anything to make them taste better? My surgery isn't for 3 more weeks so I'll probably finish these and then try the GNC or unjury ones.[/quote']

I buy the vanilla ones, and recently bought a case of chocolate too. I didn't think I was gonna like the chocolate, but I did, I drink one every morning.

With the vanilla ones, I add frozen or fresh strawberries and blend it. It gives it a better taste. If you use the frozen ones, it turns into a smoothie. I've also used blackberries, raspberries and bananas. I'm thinking if you add a banana to the chocolate one it'll taste ok too, haven't tried it yet tho..

The frozen strawberries and vanilla are my favorite :) give it a try, and let me know what you think of it..

For those of you the expressed an interest in my available unjury shake mixes, thank you. I apologize but I just had ortho surgery today and my activity is very limited (no weight bearing on one leg) and I'm on pain meds, so it will be a bit before I can do much. I will check back with you as soon as I can!

I guess on the plus side, between the after effects of the surgery and pain meds (nausea) and the effort and difficulty it involves getting to the kitchen perhaps this will have a positive effect on my weight loss! :lol: Once again, I do apologize.

My doc recommended the Unjury and provided samples. I like this brand a lot, only thing is you have to order online.

My doc recommended the unjury and provided samples. I like this brand a lot' date=' only thing is you have to order online.[/quote']

What flavors do u like ?

Unjury is really good , not to thick and the Nectars are very good cant taste the powder in them

What flavors do u like ?

I like vanilla the best so far. Didn't love the choc splendor and I messed up the chicken Soup (Water too hot). strawberry might be a little too sweet for my taste buds.