Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling tired today. Gotta get my chit together. I'm watching the grandchildren at noon, and making a nice anniversary dinner for Larry.

Linda

I need to find a good way to relax. I meditate' date=' but not regularly, and it wouldn't help while I'm driving anyway. Deep breathing is good. I'm going to look into other methods as well. Losing the weight will definitely help.

Linda[/quote']

Does music help while you are driving? My neighbor said she cut her blood pressure down by cutting out sodium.

Doctor prescribed Losartan for HBP. Took it yesterday and it threw me for a loop. Severe fatigue' date=' nausea, bad poopy stuff going on. Today is much better. Looks like its working for the blood pressure, though, so I'm good. No sides today.

Linda[/quote']

That's good the side effects went away.

Feeling tired today. Gotta get my chit together. I'm watching the grandchildren at noon' date=' and making a nice anniversary dinner for Larry.

Linda[/quote']

I'm feeling the same way. I don't feel like doing anything. I have a lot to do so no more sitting around unless its for school work. I hope you were able to find some energy. Happy Anniversary!!!

@---)-------

Does music help while you are driving? My neighbor said she cut her blood pressure down by cutting out sodium.

Well, it used to. Now I can't deal with a lot of noise. I remember it used to help if I sang. Loudly. I don't use salt (except on potatoes and eggs). We eat mostly whole foods... fruits, veggies, nuts. The medication seems to be working for now. Hoepfully after the surgery, that will resolve by itself.

Linda

I'm feeling the same way. I don't feel like doing anything. I have a lot to do so no more sitting around unless its for school work. I hope you were able to find some energy. Happy Anniversary!!!

@---)-------

I forgot to mention the other thing that relaxes me. Its called *mindfulness.* Its a technique used by different sectors of the population. The basics are learning to breath deeply... in through the nose, and blow it out through the mouth. Another part of it is learning to concentrate on exactly what you are doing at one time. If you're washing dishes... wash dishes. I know how hard this is to do with a young child. You have to be everything to everyone at all times. There's more to it, but I find these two to be most beneficial,.

There is no energy when there's a two year old in the house. They have it ALL. lol He calls me *grandpa.* We watched Barney. We colored pictures. We jumped from the coffee table to the couch. We ate oranges. And yogurt. And crackers. We had milk and orange juice. He terrorized the cat and his two sisters. I finally, to stay awake, went into the kitchen and started to make dinner. It was done by the time Larry got home. And the kids got to spend some time with them, too.

My daughter-in-law brought me a digital frame. She put pictures in a slide show of my marriage, through the kids time, to our time again together. She even included pictures of past and present pets. It was all set to "You're my best friend" by Queen. I cried. It was a beautiful thoughtful gift.

Now I'm REALLY sleepy.

Linda

Blood pressure is up and down. Had my wrist cuff verified by my doctor. My youngest daughter had laproscopic surgery today to figure out if she had endometriosis. She did. They removed it all. She's home and well. I came home and napped. Last night, she called and said she wanted my chicken and noodles. I made a huge pot of it for her so she could freeze some. I got up at 5:30 this morning and loaded the car and went to the hospital an hour away. I was glad I got to see her before surgery. Her fiance and I played games on his tablet during it. When she was done, she wanted Justin to help her get dressed and in order to leave. Guess I'm not the mommy she needs anymore. Time to switch gears and change to be the one she does need.

Linda

Well' date=' it used to. Now I can't deal with a lot of noise. I remember it used to help if I sang. Loudly. I don't use salt (except on potatoes and eggs). We eat mostly whole foods... fruits, veggies, nuts. The medication seems to be working for now. Hoepfully after the surgery, that will resolve by itself.

Linda[/quote']

Yeah I have my days I love music, but then I have my days I don't want to hear it. Sounds like your diet is already good. With weight loss your blood pressure will go down for sure.

I forgot to mention the other thing that relaxes me. Its called *mindfulness.* Its a technique used by different sectors of the population. The basics are learning to breath deeply... in through the nose' date=' and blow it out through the mouth. Another part of it is learning to concentrate on exactly what you are doing at one time. If you're washing dishes... wash dishes. I know how hard this is to do with a young child. You have to be everything to everyone at all times. There's more to it, but I find these two to be most beneficial,.

There is no energy when there's a two year old in the house. They have it ALL. lol He calls me *grandpa.* We watched Barney. We colored pictures. We jumped from the coffee table to the couch. We ate oranges. And yogurt. And crackers. We had milk and orange juice. He terrorized the cat and his two sisters. I finally, to stay awake, went into the kitchen and started to make dinner. It was done by the time Larry got home. And the kids got to spend some time with them, too.

My daughter-in-law brought me a digital frame. She put pictures in a slide show of my marriage, through the kids time, to our time again together. She even included pictures of past and present pets. It was all set to "You're my best friend" by Queen. I cried. It was a beautiful thoughtful gift.

Now I'm REALLY sleepy.

Linda[/quote']

I forgot to mention the other thing that relaxes me. Its called *mindfulness.* Its a technique used by different sectors of the population. The basics are learning to breath deeply... in through the nose' date=' and blow it out through the mouth. Another part of it is learning to concentrate on exactly what you are doing at one time. If you're washing dishes... wash dishes. I know how hard this is to do with a young child. You have to be everything to everyone at all times. There's more to it, but I find these two to be most beneficial,.

Now I'm REALLY sleepy.

Linda[/quote']

I will have to try that if I ever have quiet time.

That's nice that you spent time with the grand kids and they got to share your 30th anniversary. That was a very thoughtful and sweet gift that your daughter in law gave you, she seems like a wonderful person.

Blood pressure is up and down. Had my wrist cuff verified by my doctor. My youngest daughter had laproscopic surgery today to figure out if she had endometriosis. She did. They removed it all. She's home and well. I came home and napped. Last night' date=' she called and said she wanted my chicken and noodles. I made a huge pot of it for her so she could freeze some. I got up at 5:30 this morning and loaded the car and went to the hospital an hour away. I was glad I got to see her before surgery. Her fiance and I played games on his tablet during it. When she was done, she wanted Justin to help her get dressed and in order to leave. Guess I'm not the mommy she needs anymore. Time to switch gears and change to be the one she does need.

Linda[/quote']

I hope your blood pressure gets better in time. Hope your daughter recovers fast. I had surgery in 2008 for endometriosis. I kept going to my gynecologist and telling her that I was having pain and even passing out, she said it was just cramps and take a Motrin. After many times of seeing her with no answers and knowing that something was wrong with me I started to research on the Internet my symptoms. I then went back and told her that I think I have endometriosis and she said that she didn't think that was the case at all and just take the Motrin and use a heating pad. I finally demanded that she give me the exploratory surgery and she said she will, but doesn't think she will find anything. After the surgery the nurse gave me photos that showed endometriosis and the doctor didn't bother seeing me in person instead she called me that night and said it looks like you have what we call endometriosis, I was like that's what I was telling you the while time. She didn't bother removing any scar tissue, she just left me like that and recommended that I use birth controls pills to help it, but that didn't work. So then I had to go on the depo shot so I didn't have my period to cause anymore scar tissue. I didn't want to go back on the depo shot, because it makes me gain weight, but I couldn't take the pain anymore. When my husband and I tried to conceive our son it just wasn't happening so I went to another doctor and he said that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant because of all the scar tissue. I was sad and gave up. My husband deployed and came home for two weeks in the middle of his deployment and sometime around valentines day we conceived our son. He is my miracle baby and his name suits him, Angel, because he is my little Angel. We want another child when I lose weight, but I don't know if that will happen. I stay on the depo shot so I have no pain. Sorry that was so long. I really hope they removed all the scar tissue from your daughter and that she has no more issues with endometriosis. She still needs her mommy, and bringing that Soup to her I bet made her day.

Yeah I have my days I love music, but then I have my days I don't want to hear it. Sounds like your diet is already good. With weight loss your blood pressure will go down for sure.

Yesterday was my grandson's 2nd birthday party. I drove. For some reason I had the radio on. It was a really nice block of good '70's rock. I didn't really realize how good my speakers were! If Larry complained about the loudness, I couldn't hear it. lol

I will have to try that if I ever have quiet time.

That's nice that you spent time with the grand kids and they got to share your 30th anniversary. That was a very thoughtful and sweet gift that your daughter in law gave you, she seems like a wonderful person.

She is. I got really lucky. Even though she's my daughter-in-law, we're really BFF's. hehe

I hope your blood pressure gets better in time. Hope your daughter recovers fast. I had surgery in 2008 for endometriosis. I kept going to my gynecologist and telling her that I was having pain and even passing out, she said it was just cramps and take a Motrin. After many times of seeing her with no answers and knowing that something was wrong with me I started to research on the Internet my symptoms. I then went back and told her that I think I have endometriosis and she said that she didn't think that was the case at all and just take the Motrin and use a heating pad. I finally demanded that she give me the exploratory surgery and she said she will, but doesn't think she will find anything. After the surgery the nurse gave me photos that showed endometriosis and the doctor didn't bother seeing me in person instead she called me that night and said it looks like you have what we call endometriosis, I was like that's what I was telling you the while time. She didn't bother removing any scar tissue, she just left me like that and recommended that I use birth controls pills to help it, but that didn't work. So then I had to go on the depo shot so I didn't have my period to cause anymore scar tissue. I didn't want to go back on the depo shot, because it makes me gain weight, but I couldn't take the pain anymore. When my husband and I tried to conceive our son it just wasn't happening so I went to another doctor and he said that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant because of all the scar tissue. I was sad and gave up. My husband deployed and came home for two weeks in the middle of his deployment and sometime around valentines day we conceived our son. He is my miracle baby and his name suits him, Angel, because he is my little Angel. We want another child when I lose weight, but I don't know if that will happen. I stay on the depo shot so I have no pain. Sorry that was so long. I really hope they removed all the scar tissue from your daughter and that she has no more issues with endometriosis. She still needs her mommy, and bringing that Soup to her I bet made her day.

What a nightmare for you. I had heard that its hard to get pregnant when you have endometriosis, and also when you take the depo shot. We got lucky that her's was in stage one. The surgeon came out and talked with me and Amy's fiance. He showed us the pictures and told us he got it all, but that it looks like she may be developing more. He said that he wanted her doctor to put her on a medication that would send her into early menopause (she's 29) which would stop her periods so that she wouldn't be at risk. I thought that was a bit of overkill. She's discussed it with Justin and me, and she said she'd rather do the depo. I don't know what she plans for right now. She's weighing her options.

I think its wonderful that you got your miracle baby! I love the name, especially for a boy. I hope you're able to have another down the road.

I made a huge pot of chicken and noodles. Justin and Amy have been eating it since Friday. lol Justin loves my cooking. He's a good boy. Been taking care of her really well. I think I like this one.

Linda

Hi

Is it the insurance company that make you wait 6month and jump through a load of hoops that is madness if you are ready and know what you want and need why are they making you wait. I am in Ireland decided 6 weeks ago I was ready for this had my op yesterday. Mind you I don't have insurance and paid for it myself but I hope it will be worth every penny. I have about 5-6 stone to lose here we go at the beginning.