Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for your support! :-) I need it. Especially on days like this. There is not enought time!

I found out that I have to take a class on lapband surgery before I actually get in to talk to the team. Not a problem. I will attend on Wednesday' date=' June 26th at 6:00 pm. It'll be a very late night for me since I live more than an hour away. Ugh. Can I please just have this done now?

Linda[/quote']

I remember attending a class. It was nice, because the dr was there and he explained everything and answered questions. There were also people who have been successful with the lap band. It was nice to hear their stories and see their success.

Linda I had diabetes and high cholesterol, was on medication for diabetes but since my surgery on Jan 15, I have been able to eliminate the medication.. The lapband will be a tremendous way for you to get your health issues under control. Best of luck and the lapbanders on this site are a great source of information and support.

Thank you for your post. :-) I'm so happy for you that you were able to discontinue medication related to weight. I have found that this place is *the* place to be. I have found so much good information. At one point I was so depressed over this that I cried for days. Reading what you all have gone through has been a tremendous help.

Well I hope that you get your insurance to pay the biggest part of your surgery. I would call them and also review your policy to make sure you get the most out them. Hopefully your cost will not be to much out of pocket.

Thanks, Tawnya. I have a call into my nurse at Humana. She said she'd help in any way possible, so here we go!

Linda

Congrats on the 8 pound weight loss. It's funny how when we are not thinking about it we just lose weight out of the blue. Congrats on your up coming anniversary!!! I always admire people who have been married for a long time. I have been married going on 4 years on June 4th. I have been with my husband for 7 years. I was married before, but that marriage was very unhealthy. He would physically and emotionally abuse me. I tried to make my first marriage work, but I'm so blessed for my children through that marriage and so great full for my husband now who treats me like a queen. It's wonderful you have your family's support and thanks for adding me in on your support team. It's my pleasure to share your journey with you :)

After your surgery you will be able to get off a lot of those meds you are taking and the pressure on your knee will feel so better. My knees would hurt a lot, but losing just the little bit I did made them feel better. I broke my femur when I was 9 and it stopped growing so they had to scarp growth cells out of my other leg to stop the growth, which I had already grown 2 inches. So now I have a 2 inch difference which cause pain throughout my body and osteoarthritis from the way my body structure sits. I have tried shoe insert lifts, but they never help since its not the actual 2 inch difference. I feel your pain and understand why you want the lap band so much. Even if all the health issues don't go away they still get better with weight loss.

My goal at this point is just not to die. I'm very anti-death. I'm sorry you're having so much pain with your leg. I'm sure you've tried special shoes too. I'm not sure how old you are, but you sound so confident, positive and well adjusted, especially with the challenges you face now and have in the past.

I have three adult children - two birth and one I raised (husband's daughter). (his,mine and ours) I don't know why the distinction now, but I'm having problems with my husband's daughter... who really is mine. Long, long, long story. My children are my heart. My grandchildren are my soul. My kids are 33, 31 and 29. Grandkids are 12, 6 and 2. I want to live for them. I *do* live for them.

Linda

I remember attending a class. It was nice, because the dr was there and he explained everything and answered questions. There were also people who have been successful with the lap band. It was nice to hear their stories and see their success.

I'm excited about the class. I don't know what to expect, but I'm sure I'll learn more about the procedure in general, and maybe some specifics. Do you know if I need to bring anything with me? Will they have information to take home and review? I suspect so, but feel like I'm flying blind... except when it comes to here. I have done most of my research on these boards.

Thanks' date=' Tawnya. I have a call into my nurse at Humana. She said she'd help in any way possible, so here we go!

Linda[/quote']

Your welcome. I'm glad to hear that she is willing to help you.

My goal at this point is just not to die. I'm very anti-death. I'm sorry you're having so much pain with your leg. I'm sure you've tried special shoes too. I'm not sure how old you are' date=' but you sound so confident, positive and well adjusted, especially with the challenges you face now and have in the past.

I have three adult children - two birth and one I raised (husband's daughter). (his,mine and ours) I don't know why the distinction now, but I'm having problems with my husband's daughter... who really is mine. Long, long, long story. My children are my heart. My grandchildren are my soul. My kids are 33, 31 and 29. Grandkids are 12, 6 and 2. I want to live for them. I *do* live for them.

Linda[/quote']

I understand the not wanting to die. I think about all the stuff I will miss with my kids and I want to be around as long as possible to see everything I possible can. May our lives be long and wonderful!!!! I am 32 and I have a 15 year old daughter from my first marriage and a 12 about to be 13 year old daughter from my first marriage. I also have a 2 year old son with my husband now. We want to have another child, but first I need to get healthier and get off some meds like hopefully my Xanax, because I do not want to take that pregnant. My 15 year old is already talking about college and wants to fast track and graduate when she is 17 to go off to college with her cousin. I know everyone says I'm still young, but I feel really old. I'm strong for my kids and deal with life one day at a time. I hear your passion when you write about your husband, kids, and grandchildren. I believe you will succeed and make them very proud.

I'm excited about the class. I don't know what to expect' date=' but I'm sure I'll learn more about the procedure in general, and maybe some specifics. Do you know if I need to bring anything with me? Will they have information to take home and review? I suspect so, but feel like I'm flying blind... except when it comes to here. I have done most of my research on these boards.[/quote']

I brought a list of questions and some paper to take notes. Every time I see my dr I have a list of questions....lol....I'm must be know as the list lady. When I go for my first fill I will have another list of questions. They didn't have flyers when I went, but every office is different. I did receive a folder with lots of information from the office directly when I first went to find out more about getting the surgery and what I need to do.

Your welcome. I'm glad to hear that she is willing to help you.

She's pretty good at lighting fires where they need to be lit.

Linda

I understand the not wanting to die. I think about all the stuff I will miss with my kids and I want to be around as long as possible to see everything I possible can. May our lives be long and wonderful!!!! I am 32 and I have a 15 year old daughter from my first marriage and a 12 about to be 13 year old daughter from my first marriage. I also have a 2 year old son with my husband now. We want to have another child, but first I need to get healthier and get off some meds like hopefully my Xanax, because I do not want to take that pregnant. My 15 year old is already talking about college and wants to fast track and graduate when she is 17 to go off to college with her cousin. I know everyone says I'm still young, but I feel really old. I'm strong for my kids and deal with life one day at a time. I hear your passion when you write about your husband, kids, and grandchildren. I believe you will succeed and make them very proud.

First, thank you. Its good to be able to relate to someone on that level. I cannot imagine having children the ages you have. lol That takes a lot of energy. I'm glad you've found that balance. Having kids definitely ages you. Not necessarily in a bad way, but it does.

Linda

I brought a list of questions and some paper to take notes. Every time I see my dr I have a list of questions....lol....I'm must be know as the list lady. When I go for my first fill I will have another list of questions. They didn't have flyers when I went, but every office is different. I did receive a folder with lots of information from the office directly when I first went to find out more about getting the surgery and what I need to do.

This is good to know. I'm a list maker as well. I just take my notebook with me where ever I go. lol My husband (aka Larry) jokes that even my lists have lists. I have started one for the class, so we'll see. I'm not sure what all I need to know, but I'm sure I'll take notes during the session.

Still anxious/eager about the class. It can't get here soon enough for me. Patience is a virtue I do not possess.

Dieting pre-pre-op didn't serve me well today. I shouldn't have even gotten out of bed. Ugh. It was a day of days. When I got home, my blood pressure was 190/106. Nothing huge happened, just a lot of little things. I may need therapy. lol

I'm hoping today goes much better. I hope to blow off some steam by staying home and cleaning. I have one (but several) tasks on my list. I'll clean the house and completely re-do the kitty box including washing it out and replacing the litter with fresh stuff. Then I'll vacuum where it sits.

No thinking about the class (yeah, right). No heavy stuff that makes me think or causes my blood pressure to rise. (155/91 this morning)

This afternoon, we'll go to our grandgirls' graduation party (one into elementary and one into middle school).

Linda

Graduation party went well yesterday. I didn't think about banding at all, which is unusual since I'm so obssessed with it. Enjoyed my time with the grandkis and son & daughter-in-law. Blood pressure ran on the high side of normal, so it was a nice night. Couldn't sleep though, so I was making egg salad at midnight. It was good.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Linda

First' date=' thank you. Its good to be able to relate to someone on that level. I cannot imagine having children the ages you have. lol That takes a lot of energy. I'm glad you've found that balance. Having kids definitely ages you. Not necessarily in a bad way, but it does.

Linda[/quote']

Your welcome. I've never really told anyone that I think about dying early, but I do and definitely don't want to. It's a lot with teenagers and a toddler, but they are so worth it. They are wonderful, but yes draining. I had kids and got married very young so growing up faster and feeling older is understandable....lol....