Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My breaking point! And yours?

Standing in line to reenroll for the millionth time at Weight Watchers last fall. I just could not bear the thought of losing the weight again, only to regain it plus more. I just didn't have it in my anymore to be constantly hunger, trying to game the WW system, always needing special foods in the house or I'd deviate from the program.

I left the WW Center and started my lapband research that day. Had my first consult with the surgeon on December 11th, after months of research and self-questioning to make sure I was mentally prepared for this. Surgery took place March 20th.

I'm very very pleased with my decision, and so grateful to be living in an era where there is a real, viable, proven tool to help people like me. I feel like such a burden has been lifted off my shoulders...I'm really loving the way I eat now...tiny portions of wonderful things.

Mine was an airplane. I was at the luggage carousel and overheard the guy who sat next to me complaining to his friend about the fat lady he had to sit by (me) who crowded him into the window during the flight.

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

My biggest breaking points where how uncomfortable I was, how I looked when I looked in the mirror, and the fact I was wearing a size 28 pants. I just couldn't do it any longer...

Airplane seats!

Amen... and having to ask for a chair with no arms in the dining room on a cruise ship!! Sure is fun standing there while the stewards are rearranging the table. NEVER, EVER again.

In fact, we cancelled an 11 day European cruise because of this. If I had the surgery a few months earlier we might have gone and been able to enjoy ourselves. Looking forward to doing it next year.

My breaking point was when several of my Kindergarteners asked me if I was pregnant. :(

Mine was when I was walking down the road and 3 young boys in a car shouted at me.. * oi fatty, I got a cream cake in here for you *.

That upset me loads.. And also I felt like my boyfriend was going off of me !! I've just been banded today.. Can't wait to stick my fingers up to everybody who ever called me fat or took the mick out of me, xxxx

Wow. What Shitty kids.

I hope they grow up and weigh 400 pounds. Karma.

Wow. What Shitty kids.

I hope they grow up and weigh 400 pounds. Karma.

Indeed, I sure hope they can evolve into being decent human beings, after gaining some maturity. I wouldn't wish what most of us have had to suffer, in private or through public humiliation, on another living being... but sometimes Karma is a well deserved b***h.

Higher dose of thyroid meds that gave me heart palpations. Not even 40 and I felt OLD.

Indeed' date=' I sure hope they can evolve into being decent human beings, after gaining some maturity. I wouldn't wish what most of us have had to suffer, in private or through public humiliation, on another living being... but sometimes Karma is a well deserved b***h.[/quote']

Word.

Having To Get A Chair To.Sit.at The End Of A Booth Because The Booth Was Too Tight.

How Self - Conscious I Always Felt And.anxious..

Pictures Of Myself That Weren't Me Tbough They Were Of Me.

High Blood Pressure Meds Couldn't Bring Down.

Surgery Feb 2011.

Now 170.

Would Still Like To Lose 25 More Lbs.

Asthma Is Gone. No More Daily Inhalers! :)

BP Normal.

Allergies Gone!

Amazing.Wellness I Never Expected!

Keep Up With My Kids Much Better Now And I Don't.Sweat!

Yay! Thanks To Lapband And My Compliance. :)

Wellness

I Was Teased A Lot By Young Men. Idiots Really. Now I Champion Myself And Others. Hate Bullies. I Tear Them Apart Now Verbally.

Anyone Making Fun Of Another Deserves To Be Told Off.

You Look Beautiful!

Congrats On You Band! :)

airplane seats for sure, and taking my toddler nephew on a carousel with little cars on it - and they wouldn't let him ride without me also sitting in the car. i didn't fit and everyone around the ride watched me struggle to get back out of this teensy car and move my nephew to a different vehicle with him crying loudly that he wanted the one we were in originally.