Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burping a lot after fill

I got my 5th fill yesterday. I have been burping almost constantly. Not big belches but more like trapped air that keeps coming up. I did have reflux a few times last night but not too bad. I was able to eat some mashed potatoes, pudding and Soup slowly. I drank a Protein Shake this morning but am still having the burps.

Am i too tight? Should I wait a few days? Maybe my stomach is still a little swollen from having a fill? I went from 5cc to 6cc. I just didn't want to get in a situation where I have to go to the er or pay after hours prices.

Has this happened to any of you?

I was burping most of the night after my second fill, but it cleared up the next day.

Believe reflux is one of the symptoms of being in the red zone, but I doubt you are there. Sounds like you are having no trouble getting liquids down. Personally, if it wasn't freaking me out, I would give it a couple of days.

Tough call though. You don't want to have food get stuck that could lead to PB. Want to avoid anything that could put the band at risk for a slip.

It sounds like your to full but call your doctor they can tell you..believe me you don't want to be to full.

My doc always advises me to stay on liquids for a few days to get the swelling down. Reflux is never a good sign. Perhaps do the liquid thing over the weekend and call the doc on Monday if things persist. Good luck!

Thanks for your comments everyone. I was just burping now I'm having a hard Time all around. Burping, getting stuck on everything, couldn't drink Water last night and had bad acid reflux all night. Yesterday morning I drank a Protein Shake no problem. Today I couldn't. I got stuck on something last night and couldn't get it out and today I'm sore in my esophagus. I'm so hungry and can't eat anything. I drank done warm broth no problem but can't eat the same mashed potatoes I had last night. I'm trying to hold out till Monday when my dr office opens. It's hard being anorexic!

Leeh I hope you are well and everything worked out for you. BrianB you said "You don't want to have food get stuck that could lead to PB." what is pb?

Leeh I hope you are well and everything worked out for you. BrianB you said "You don't want to have food get stuck that could lead to PB." what is pb?

Yeah what's on?

My last I was the same I stayed on full liquids over the weekend maybe like 5 days total and just baby stepped up to regular solid food but I have to chew chew chew now today was my 5 th fill. So I'm prepared to stay on full liquids for the same amount of time

How are you feeling now?

Yeah what's on?

My last I was the same I stayed on full liquids over the weekend maybe like 5 days total and just baby stepped up to regular solid food but I have to chew chew chew now today was my 5 th fill. So I'm prepared to stay on full liquids for the same amount of time

How are you feeling now?

Pb? Silly auto correct

In my experience, little, somewhat constant burping after eating, following a fill, is very normal! So is some acid reflux. Of course, large amounts of burping or extremely painful acid reflux (esp. to the point where you want to vomit from it) is NOT GOOD. But yeah...small amounts of burping is all normal. The next time you see your doctor, you may want to ask about a prescription for an antacid, or look into getting some prevacid.

Pb means productive burping. To get out the trapped air or the trapped food.

I ended up having to get an unfill. I was miserable. I ate something and chewed it really good but it got stuck and I couldn't get it out for over a day. When I went in to the dr office, Water hurt to swallow. I felt so much better going from 6 cc to 5.2cc. On the upside I did lose 7 lbs thurs to mon by not being able to eat! Not worth it