Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you drive?

To many. My husband has a Ducati Motorcycle and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have a a Chevrolet Tahoe and a Nissan Maxima.

I have a 2006 Toyota Camry. Hubby has a 2005 Suzuki XL7, and a 1985 Limited Edition Goldwing.....and we have payments too....:faint:

MaryB - would your husband happen to be an Accountant?

Good Guess, but not an accountant. He is an over-anyalizing think something to death Engineer.

If you want a great 2 seater convertible, I just bought a 2004 Mercedes SLK 230 hard top convertible. The top stores in 23 seconds. It's fun and I'm loving it.

I like the hard top convertibles and so does DH. He wants a new one and doesn't like the price tag on the hard top. I told him to start out with the soft top and in a couple of years if he still wants to drive a convertible consider the hard top. He is going from a Lincoln Navigator to a 2 seater convertible. A giant leap! He is use to being able haul stuff and pull a trailer. I won't let him haul anything in my Mini!

I have a blue 1992 Saturn S, with 170,000 miles on it. DH has a green '99 Ford F-150 with the extended cab, and the Spudboy drives a '96 Toyota. We also have a pair of Kowi motorcycles, but mine is still broken.

No car payments! Huzzah!

The main reason I haven't bought a new car, besides being a full time student, is that even though my car is a '92, I consistantly get great gas milage, almost never less than 30MPG, and that was only because I got stuck in the traffic jam from hell. (3 hours to go what should have taken 30 minutes.) If I'm going on a long freeway trip, I get about 38-40 MPG.

It was hard to take on a car payment! I gave my Isuzu Amigo to my 16 year old daughter and I've been driving around a little '94 Mazda Miata (I love it!). Both cars were paid for, but I ended up getting a huge raise at work and decided to do something for me! After years of driving a manual and putting up the soft top by hand I took a look at a friend's SLK 230 and immediately fell in love! Of course you can see I bought a 2 year old car with 23k miles on it to save that huge cost of buying it new (but it's like brand new to me and I paid just a little over half of the price it was when new). Since most new cars run about $30k now, I feel like I got a pretty good deal!

So, now it's time to get banded so I can do the little car justice when I'm driving around! I'm nervous, but I can't handle the yo yo dieting anymore - I lose and gain it back plus some. My older brother was a major yo-yoer and was on every diet you can imagine. He passed away at 46 of a major heart attack in his sleep. I'm becoming desperate for that not to happen to me. I'm convinced living is a good thing!

Terri :nervous

IBLoser, Only Very Smart people buy used cars! I tried to get my husband to consider used, but he wanted to hand pick it, so we pay the price.

We all are sick of the YO YO Dieting. I have been on and off a diet since age 13 and have always gained weight plus more. I had really given up and decided to not even try anymore. I had just had my yearly checkup and the Doctor told me to start monitoring my Blood Pressure because it was reading high. During this monitoring period is when I went to the Lapband Seminar with my daughter and friend. I never dreamed I was a candidate, because all I ever heard was you have to be 100 pounds over weight to have WLS. I wasn't 100 pounds over yet, maybe in 10 years I would be there but I might be dead from High Blood Pressure by then. At the seminar I received HOPE that I hadn't felt in a very very long time. I discussed the possibility with my husband and he said go for it! Here I am 3 months post op minus 34 pounds and NO HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE! Thank you God for my Lapband!

As a graduation present (and also because I was at my lowest weight last summer) I got myself a cute little convertible! A 2004 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring Edition.

Leather/Suede and all the perks! I love it!! This is a pic off the Internet.

112_0406_2004_Chrysler_Sebring_01l+2004_Chrysler_Sebring+Front_Drivers_Side_View.jpg

maryb - I'm partial to VOlvo (I ended up buying the XC-90 a few weeks ago), but they have a really hot littl ehardtop convertible, C-70. If I liked smaller cars, I'd go for it!