Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you drive?

I did drive a red Volvo S60, but for mother's day I got a Mercedes ML350, black with tan interior. My husband drives a Nissan Armada, but with the cost of gas he also has a 1985 Chrysler Cirrus!

Mary,

I'm so glad you told me about your blood pressure. Your story helped me realize that I am doing the right thing. I'm currently on bp medication and get so bloated even when I drink a ton of Water (which I'm very good about). The Dr added a water pill every other day and I actually look forward to taking it so my rings aren't too tight!

I need to lose 70-80 lbs and am looking forward to doing it and keeping it off. Thanks so much for your inspiration!

Terri

Terri,

BP is a very hard thing to control! I have a friend who has had High BP since her late 20's. Bloating was her biggest problem! She always ate healthy and walked for exercise, but was 30 pounds overweight from the Fluid. At age 45, She got so bad she finally started going to an Endocronologist who completely changed her meds. She has been able to keep her pressure down and has lost the fluid in her body. She said she feels better then she has in years.

My Mom was diagnosed with High BP 3 years ago. She is also having medication problems, but her biggest problem is she is still smoking. She started smoking at 12 and has never been able to quit. My Dad also retired last year and is driving her crazy!

I drive a 1992 Ford Taurus... bought it cuz my clients couldnt whale themselves up into my 1980 Bronco.... hehehehehe But on Friday I hope to buy a 1986 Cougar from a little old lady that cant drive any more.... Its got 75,000 miles on it but the big thing is its got A/C woooooo hoooooo Been driving for 3 years without A/C.....My passion is old big American cars.. I miss my Buick Electra!!!! So fit 3 people in the trunk, wish I took a pic of that!!!! Sold it when I went to college in Idaho.....lmao cant imagine what kind of nightmare gas is Now!!!! *sigh* but I just want a mini I think they are soooo cute...Anyways my DREAM car that I can afford in the near future....rotf any big boat convertable with A/C and a V6 preferably diesal.. Heavens I surly dont want to pay for gas.... DREAM car I probably will never have has to be a electric or hybrid car......I have faith that one day the people will rise and bring down the evil people that are just about financial gain and that we may one day not be in the clutches of OIL consumption, AND AND AND.... ok need to calm down lmao Now you do know that there are countries that dont USE oil RIGHT?????

LOL sorry about the tirade, the show must go on

When I met my husband he drove a 1980 oldsmobile nightyeight. It was HUGE and painted fire engine red. It was in great condition. I used to refer to it as the BIG RED GHETTO SLED! hahaha. He called it "Clifford the big red dog" hahahaha. I'll have to post a picture of that on here. He know drives a 98 dodge dakota that's dark purple black. I refer to it as the Barney truck, much to the hubbies dismay. He says "it's not PURPLE. It's amethyst" hahaha

We had an accident last night. The daughter of a friend of ours lost control of her car and this was the result. Firemanschic was driving and I was passenger. After a lengthly ER visit we both got to come home. Sore and scratched up, I think we will be okay.

Danny

post-204260-13813133651937_thumb.jpg

post-204260-13813133653447_thumb.jpg

post-204260-13813133654749_thumb.jpg

post-204260-13813133655983_thumb.jpg

post-204260-13813133658027_thumb.jpg

Here are our 3 cars......Can you tell we like them? Mine is the "Envy Green in the background, DH drives the yellow. I have to sell the Black Cherry one though. Need to lose a car payment so I can get the band! :)

Sorry they are so huge!!!!! Someone help!!! :faint:

post-207266-13813133660873_thumb.jpg

post-207266-13813133663131_thumb.jpg

How funny IrishRose!!! I have the Envy Green too! Does yours have the monitors in the headrests?? I think that is what sold me!!! Not that I will be using them but my kids do! I love mine...Bought different rims for it too! Do you have the light kit inside? I have the green lights! It is such a fun car!!!!! I absolutley love my car! And what a head-turner!!!

Harley Nana,

I also have the Lexus Lx 470. I absolutely love it, I hope you do too. I am bias to Lexus, It's the only car I've driven in my life. Don't you just love the features? My personal fav. is how you can talk on the phone through the steering wheel. Nothing like pushing a button and saying a name... and have the car dial it up for you.. :clap2: I have the metalic silver color

I just bought a RAV4 and am learning to drive on the left side of the road and shift with my left hand. On sunday, a monkey came flying across the road in front of my car - man, did I have a major heart attack. I am trying to post a picture of it.

post-204567-13813133665607_thumb.jpg

Good Guess, but not an accountant. He is an over-anyalizing think something to death Engineer.

Ding, ding, ding! I guessed it! I guessed it! I only guessed it because I have one of my very own (I feel your pain, Maryb). Only my guy ponders and he thinks and he analyzes and he investigates and he thinks and he researches and then he impulsively purchases out of the blue, just when you think he's given up. Very odd.

We started looking at Suburbans the day we had our first ultrasound when I was pregnant. It was the only vehicle that could fit three car seats and all the gear that TRIPLETS require. Of course our boys will be 8 this weekend, so our big, blue bus is almost 9 years old. She was one of the last models to have a 42 gallon tank - do the math with gas at $2.98/gal. I'd complain more if my husband wasn't actually in the petro/chemical industry. We can't get rid of her though, because she's the only thing big enough to haul all of us and all our camping gear! My husband drives her, now. She just got a little overhaul this past weekend and is riding smooth!

My newest vehicle is a deep red Chevy Trailblazer XL with the extra row of seats. It fits all of us comfortably with the requisite DVD player, etc. Unfortunately, it doesn't get any better gas mileage than the Suburban. I do love it though. I also highly recommend the XM radio and OnStar phone service. Both addictive.

The car I'd have if I didn't have to haul the kids around all the time, is the Infinity FX in Autumn Copper - to match my hair. Cute! I also love Volvo's.

My favorite cars from the past were my '81 Supra in Mercedes Mirror Silver w/burgundy leather and my '94 Forest Green Metallic Mustang with saddle interior. Both indulged my need for speed... The Mustang I traded in for the Suburban because by 5 months pregnant with "triple trouble", I couldn't fit behind the wheel anymore!

I feel your pain Melissa! My husband has decide now that he is unsure of what color to order. He also wants to pick it up in SC so he can tour the plant. He has waited so long now that they will probably stop making the 2006 and start making the 2007. Of Course this means different color options and who knows what else that he will have to over analysis to make a decision. All this wouldn't be a problem except he has already sold his Navigator and promised it by the end of July. So, we will be short a car until he makes up his mind....I mean I will be short a car until he makes up his minds.

Maryb, good luck with the car decision. I swear the engineering curriculum in college RUINS people for ever being "normal". LOL! However, I think I'll keep my "abnormal" engineer for a loooong time!

:success1: Yep, mine came with the DVD screens, too. I LOVE that feature. That's why I got the green one and plan on selling the Black Cherry. It's better for road trips. :party:

My hubby works for Toyota installing options on the vehicles so I didn't pay for any extras. He is installing them for me and it doesn't cost NEAR as much. He is putting the light kit in next. He just got done installing a bazooka tube and new speakers.

You're so right about the head turning. :woot: I think they are adorable and I forget that most people think they are weird. So I will see someone staring and I'll think, "why in the world are they staring at me!" :)