Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

looking for someone to talk to for support

I am new to this application and I am almost at the end of the "fun ride" before you get banded and I am now starting to get scared and would like someone who has been there done that to judt converse with

I start my liquid diet Wednesday. Hang in there.

The sacrifices you are going to make on this journey, in the end, are an awful small price to pay for the healthy life and good looks you have awaiting you as a banded individual.

The actual procedure is what scares me the most. Along with the horror stories you hear along the way. My biggest fear is knowing that in the fiture I would love more children and pregnancy and banding sounds so scary

Most doctors have support groups and if they dont there is usually one around. Make sure ot ask. Best of luck to you.

I have been attending the support groups. I just kind of sit back and listen to others im to shy to speak up ... im only 22 and would loveeee to speak with someone near my age and everyone in my support are 30+ ... not to say we arent all going through the same thing I just wonder hkw other women my age are dealing with it

Well I'm 30+, however, I got pregnant a year after my band. I just wanted to reassure you that the band will not interfere w/ your pregnancy. I did not require any unfills, but that is always an option if you or baby are not doing well/growing sufficiently. That's the beauty of the band-it's flexible. Good luck in your endeavors

Thank you for that. im glad I found this forum so I no longer need to Google things and read the most horrific crap on there lol. It feels good to actually speak with others

And congrats to all on the choices you made tonget banded. I am looking forward (although scared out of my mind) to accomplish something so amazing and finally being healthy!

The actual procedure is what scares me the most. Along with the horror stories you hear along the way. My biggest fear is knowing that in the fiture I would love more children and pregnancy and banding sounds so scary

Banding is actually the safest of all the weight loss surgeries. It's minimally invasive and they just place a silicone band with a port in you.

Don't be scared! What you should be scared if us being overweight and what it causes---severe joint pain, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea, etc.

Being nervous and anxious is normal, but don't make the mistake if talking yourself out if a surgery that may very well save your life!

Believe me, being overweight for the rest of your life is more scarier than the lapband. I've been banded three years and have lost 85 lbs. I was very nervous too. But my daughter was with me every step of the way and encouraged me. Even as they wheeled me into the OR, I still had reservations. But now I look back and know it was the real beginning of the rest of my life. I love everything about life now .

At the moment I weigh 238lbs I started at 240 but my insurance claimed I didnt meet their requirements to get the surgery so I literally had to gain weight to fall into the bmi criteria they wanted me to meet. I gained enough ending up at 255 than had per requirement from the dr I had to loose 15lbs ( I know it sounds crazy but I was desperate for the approval) thus leaving me now as I said at 238lbs. I was scheduled for the upper endoscopy in december and chickend out ( again I blame it on my bad googling habit) my last step was that endoscopy than it was surgery time. I am just so scared of being out to sleep ( although I have been before) and also scared of all that comes after. My hair dresser was banded 8 years ago or so and literally made me cry with all of the awful things she claimed it did to her body and health at one point she told me " people die from this surgery" that enough scared me. I just love that I found this forum and am able to express my concerns and such without being judged and frowned apon. Thank you all!!!

I am 27 and chose band specifically because it is adjustable and that's good if you need it during pregnancy. Pm me if you want to chat. I had surgery 2 weeks ago, down 21 lbs already

I sent u an email but idk if it went through for some reason my Gmail has been screwy

I think most of us second guess ourselves until our surgery date. I know I did but I was researching the lap band for 7 months before I made my decision. Every one has a different story but most of us has the same conclusion we have no regrets. I was banded May 1st and my momentum is stronger than ever! Good luck to you and don't be afraid to contact me.

Thank you so much. I appreciate it. I know I have the strength to do it all and im sure we all have had similar fears. I just have so many questions for everyone who has already had it