Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes I think once per day is to much to weigh - maybe once per week at most. And if you add your string cheese into your calorie count it would be ok but it is not Protein based so make sure you are getting the required amount in throughout the day

I think you should weigh as much as you need to, but not allow it to control your mood. I weigh daily and have since I started. I ask my doc was that an issue, he said no, as long as the number didn't dictate my mood or cause me to binge. Weighing, when and how often is a personal thing and I do not believe there is a right or wrong answer, just a wrong reaction.

As far as string cheese, it is a great snack. Being that I am not a lover of plain cheese, I eat a Weight Watches cheese stick with a handful of grapes as a snack. My NUT says that is a great snack.

I drive myself crazy with the scale at times. If you're not in the habit of doing it daily I would recommend not starting if you feel it is going to dictate your mood like Kim states. Scale frustrations are not uncommon in my house. On the other hand other people feel that weighing themselves daily keeps them on track or accountable. I've come close to throwing mine out the window. I am finally back to weighing once a week and even then at times I want to throw out the window. :D

For me, personally, it is very important to weigh every day... that way, if I'm going in the wrong direction, I can get a grip on it before it gets out of hand.

Also, string cheese is a wonderful snack. It does have Protein and it will take the hunger away for at least a couple of hours.

I think that if weighing everyday is discouraging you when you see your weight, then yes it is a bad idea. However, if you can look at that number and know that it is just a number then it is okay. I usually weigh everyday and if I am up a pound, I don't let it derail me. I just think "I know I am doing what I am supposed to do so the the weight has to come off". Good luck on you journey. Follow my lap band blog www.biscuitsandexcuses.blogspot.com

Oh forgot to say. I think string cheese is a great snack.< /p>

I too am a lover of the light string cheese right after work. I am a teacher and eat lunch at Breakfast time basically. So by 4 I am hungry and should be. I weigh myself daily and as I have gone on this journey I am not allowing it to dictate my mood. I only count my weight loss on Saturdays, every saturday I post to my Facebook. My friends are great supports. Good luck.

I love string cheese, and keep it around at all times. One stick and I'm good to go until the next meal. I piece of string cheese has 6 grams of Protein, so it's a very good choice.

Weighing daily is a personal choice, but it's not something I do. I weigh once a week, and even then I'm sometimes annoyed that it's not going faster. I'm better staying focused on how I feel, rather than what the scale says. I'm sticking to my program, so whether the scale shows a loss daily or not, I know the weight is working its way OFF of my bod.

I find string cheese a perfect way to add a little calories and Protein if I am coming in a little low on a particular day.

Untitled_zpsf3027c9e.jpg

The problem is the fat in the cheese. One person tells me don't think nothing but Protein, and the other says count calories. I have been really looking at all of it lately, and going crazy.

String cheese doesn't have the same fat content as other cheeses. It's made with part skim milk, and makes it a lower fat choice. Yes, Protein is important, but it's good to check to ratio of fat to Protein in the things you eat. If you check the fat content of cheddar cheese compared to string cheese, it's higher. That doesn't mean that cheddar is a bad choice, but it will be a higher calorie choice. As long as you try & get in a certain amount of grams of protein per day, while counting all your calories, you should be fine. Ask your doctor....or the nutritionist at your doctor's office, how much protein you need to have in a day. Make sure you reach that number, while staying within your allotted amount of daily calories.

I suggest that you use a tracking program like My Fitness Pal. It's free, and you can download it on your phone, iPad, computer.....all of it. You can look up just about any possible food & get the breakdown of nutritional values. Then you track your food & always know throughout the day, where you're at with your daily needs.

I suggest that you use a tracking program like My Fitness Pal. It's free, and you can download it on your phone, iPad, computer.....all of it. You can look up just about any possible food & get the breakdown of nutritional values. Then you track your food & always know throughout the day, where you're at with your daily needs.

Yep and that is where my screenshot comes from. Love MFP!!