Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day is getting closer 15 more....:-))

:clap2: I went to see Dr.Haag yesterday my last time to see him before my surgery all is good to go:peep: :update:

I am so excited it has not hit me yet..feel like I am in a coma:o :mod:

Monday May 1st for pre-op at 1:00pm.

So wish me luck:high5: :peace:

:grouphug: :(

Good luck to you Rosa. For me it seemed like the day would never get here and then bam I was at the hospital. You'll do great!!!

:grouphug: Thank you ladies for your support.:faint:

Amy did Dr put u on a liquid diet before the surgery??

Because I have read all over how some people are put like on liquid diets before the surgery..

What are the most important things I should get??before my surgery??

Again tx.

No preop diet for me, except for no drinking anything, including Water, after midnight before surgery day. But that depends on your starting weight - if you are larger, you might need to shrink your liver - he will advise you.

About things you need before surgery: Water, flavored water, Jello, Soups, chicken broth you like, a pillow for the hospital room and the ride home (I am so glad I brought one - I had to spend the night as my surgery was 11:30 am, and I was slow to wake up........I had to get up often during the night to pee, and having a pillow to hold onto while trying to swing my legs over the bed was helpful. Also, helped on the bumpy ride home from the hospital.) Chapstick was good to have.......other than that, you won't need anything....you stay in a hospital johnny the entire time you are there........they give you slipper/sox, and even pads with mesh undies if you have your period! Also I slept the first few nights in my recliner, and was so glad to have it.........A cane to push on while trying to get out of the chair was good too. (And to lean out while trying to get out of bed too!) I liked putting a heating pad on my tummy once I was home.........soothing, and seemed to ease the pain. I slept short amounts of time throughout the day and night.....Lots of different sized pillows to prop your head up while finding a good position to sleep in was good too! Boy, I keep coming up with ideas, haha! Let me know if you wonder about anything else.........Amy

Good luck with your surgery! I am hoping to have mine done in May and I am excited also. I will be watching for your updates and progress reports.

Robin

:clap2:I'm so happy for you Rosa! I can't wait to sit and talk with you more about how things are going! Miss you and hugs!:rainbow::cheer2::)

Diva