Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - May 2006

Good morning to all,

My numbers for the week:

C=208 (-75lbs total; -2lbs this week)

I hope everyone is having a great week!!!

ONEDERLAND HERE I COME!!!!!

C 233 (-65 total, -4 this week!)

I am really excited about my loss this week! However, I am kinda tight right now and it's weird. Yesterday was the first time I've had my period since my fill at the end of last month.

Yesterday was also the first time I've PBed, slimed and not been able to eat at least 1/2c food because my band was tight. Does anyone else's band do this to them during that time of the month?? I loved the 2 lb drop on the scale since Monday, but geez.

:D Kristin

ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH I had a perfect week! I did everything right!! and I am back up to 356!! WTF?!?! Gotta be freakin kidding me!!

C(356)

You and me both, Amy. Don't change a thing on mine AGAIN this week, P'nut. Monday I was a new low...now it's back. I'll keep chuggin' along though. One of these days I'll hit 179. It's been harder for me to see 179 than it was to see 199! I'll get a pedicure and take a pic, that's how amazing 179 will be!

Okay, here's what I ate yesterday....first off I drank my Water, 80 ounces. I opened a pack of Sweet and Spicy tuna, added about 3 tablespoons of Zesty Italian dressing, and ate 1/2 with a portion of Wheat Thins (15) then had the rest of the tuna and another portion on Wheat Thins that afternoon. I didn't eat the spaghetti I made for hubby and kids. It was my birthday and I was officially "off the hook" with Mommy duty last night so I went to Curves and did the weigh/measure thing (no change) then got a vanilla Latte at the coffee shop (yeah, I know, 500 calories easy there), got my MIL a cup of coffee and went to visit her at the nursing home. Took her clean clothes, picked up her dirty ones, went to Wal Mart, got home at 11:30 pm. Nothing else to eat. Oh, and I started the day with a yogurt (lowfat) and a small snack sized container of 2% cottage cheese. And my morning coffee w/ cream and sugar.

Yes, there is room for improvement there. No veggies, too many Wheat Thins. Empty Latte calories. But it wasn't a totally horrible day! The good news is, it's fairly easy to maintain my weight loss in the midst of real life eating. I think I need to "go on a veggie diet" to see some progress. I'll admit, I haven't been pressing the issue much with my diet lately. You see the zeros all over my score card! I'm going to make up a menu:

cottage cheese

yogurt

salad w/ protien (chicken or tuna)

cashews

meat and veggie dinner

coffee

Water

Think if I eat this every day I'll see progress? This is a very realistic everyday menu for me. Guess I just need some feedback...no I need some encouragement! Is the above menu THAT horrible that I won't lose weight? Arrrgghhh!

Kristin--You are doing a wonder job with your weight loss and yes, I am the same way at that time of the month. I get so tight I can't get in a 1/2 cup of anything. Hang in there it will loosen up in a few days. Drink something warm before trying to eat, that always helps me.

The best me--That menu sounds like a plan to me. As I get closer to onederland, I find it hard to stay on track. I am so happy about my progress that I end up messing up (what's up with that!). I actually like that menu for myself. You have done wonderfully, and you are one of my inspiration so don't give up. These boards and bandsters like yourself are my support and you give so much encouragement.

Everyone is doing very well this week!

NB

here is the encouragement:

We can do this! You and I! And all of us. It really sucks when our scales don't move, or move the wrong way. I know I cried this morning. But little by little we will be big losers. I may have gained, but I know that my pants are fitting differently, and I probably gained some muscle mass along with a little Water retention due to TOM. So this is all temporary. I talked to Pnut on the phone yesterday and we were talking about reinventing ourselves. Every morning when we wake up we have the ability to choose who we are going to be that day. Every day we can be someone new! This morning I woke up and decided I am going to be the workout queen I need to be. I am going to drink my Water. I am going to do my hour and half. I am going to not eat any sugar or flour. I will eat lean Protein. And you can do that too. Wake up everyday and decide who you are going to be. If I need a break...I wake up and decide to be a lazy butt and eat bad and not excersize. Hopefully in the future those days are few and far between.

Now the critique:

I think you should go for less dairy Protein and more lean meat protein. Maybe an egg white omlette for Breakfast instead of cottage cheese. I love cottage cheese personally, but only love the large curd. Fat free small curd makes my head swim. The lunch salad with the chicken or tuna sounds perfect! What sort of dressing is it that you are putting in the tuna? Does it have and carbs in it? Try to cut out just the sugar and flour. Its hard, but it seems to really boost your energy naturally. The cashews are high in sodium, and this can sometimes stall you. Try almonds instead. Higher protein, lower fat, and no sodium. What kind of veggies are you eating with your dinner? Try to stay away from corn and potatoes, and focus more on peppers, peas, squash, broccoli, and tomatoes. These are nutrient rich veggies with very few cals, and really low in nutrual sugars. Also, do not eat more fruit servings than veggy servings in a day. that will help to balance out the natural sugars you take in. And now on to the coffee. We all know we should not be drinking it. It is hard to give up. I tried to go with no coffee all week last week and found myself dragging butt so badly i had to take naps during the day. I can tell you that you should not drink it. Caffiene increases energy burn, which burns cals, but it also dehydrates you and makes you retain water. but we all still drink it. some of us need it to function. ;) I know I do. And this morning I went back to coffee. :D oh well.

Okay, I'm reading and listening...the dressing (in the tuna) is just Italian dressing. I like the "don't eat more fruit than veggies" rule to keep that balanced out. I like a 1/2 banana w/ a bit of Peanut Butter for a snack, but I shouldn't do that without making sure I get my veggies in. There were NO veggies in my diet yesterday. NONE! Bad, bad, Kathy! Veggies for dinner are usually broccoli, small salads, squash, onions, cauliflower, peppers, carrots (not many), snow peas, green Beans, those are the staples anyway. I do like pinto Beans but not more than twice a week, if that.

I KNOW what to do. I KNOW what to eat and what NOT to eat. The days run together and I'm getting by. I'm planless, but I don't really want a plan, I want a life. food should just fin in. I hate it when food takes over and my life fits in to my food plan. You know? This is why I'm a slow loser, because I'm not good at temporary gumption and will-power. I don't like keeping a frenzied and frantic and driven and gung-ho pace. I just live and do and be. I need to do a better job of merging my life with better choices that get me down on the scale. I'll do it. I will! Gimme a sec! LOL

Thanks Amy and NB...I'll check back in for more verbal processing!!!! haha

Hey Everyone!! Just had to check in here with all my friends!!! I'm not sure I even need to weigh in because you all petty much know my weight!! 199!! 199!! 199!! (You can't tell I'm happy,can you?!?!) :biggrin1:

Funny - I am so excited for you to have your apron surgery!! Thanks for posting those pics! My guess is that you'll lose 20 lbs when it's all done. Is there a prize for the person who guesses the closest?!?! :D Can't wait to see AFTER pictures. Good luck!!!

I don't have any tips here for those in a funk. It's definatley NO FUN. I've been there too many times. All I have to say is that I've learned a whole heck of a lot of patience along the way. The scale DOES eventually go down. It's good to have a cry & get it all out! It always makes me feel better. chocolate helps too, but then you feel even worse.....dont' go there!!)

P'Nut!! You can change me to the -60 club now. Yeah!!

Have a great day everyone!!

C 198 (- 76 total, - 0 this week)

Ok, I too have stayed the same and I think it's because of these two things:

• I got that slight unfill and have less in my band than before I had my last fill
  • I've been stepping up my strength exercises and have probably gained muscle mass

The following is a list of my food intake for the past few days. This is typical of my diet from the beginning and I think I'm doing ok. However, I'm open to suggestions/tips.

5/6/06 food Intake

Breakfast: 8 oz. Protein shake made w/ skim milk

Snack: 16 oz. iced latte made w/ whole milk & 2 Splenda

Lunch: South Beach Diet Peanut Butter Cereal bar

Dinner: 3 meatballs, 1 slice american cheese & 2 olives

Snack: 3/4 slice spinach alfredo chicken pizza

Total Calories: 912

Total Fat: 41 grams - 40%

Total Carbs: 72 grams - 28%

Total Protein: 72 grams - 31%

5/7/06 Food Intake

Breakfast: 16 oz. Protein Shake made w/ skim milk & 16 oz. coffee w/ non-dairy Creamer & 2 Splenda

Snack: 1/8 c. premium blend nuts

Lunch: breaded chicken patty w/ slice of american cheese

Dinner: 1/4 Lean Cuisine salmon w/ basil

Total Calories: 863

Total Fat: 34 grams - 36%

Total Carbs: 55 grams - 25%

Total Protein: 84 grams - 39%

5/8/06 Food Intake

Breakfast: 16 oz. Protein Shake made w/ skim milk

Snack: 12 oz. coffee w/ non-dairy creamer & 2 Splenda

Lunch: baked, boneless cod fillet w/ lemon pepper seasoning & butter

Snack: 20 oz. latte made w/ whole milk & 3 Splenda and 1 sugar cookie

Dinner: 1/3 c. portabello mushroom tortellini w/ alfredo sauce

Total Calories: 967

Total Fat: 31 grams - 29%

Total Carbs: 85 grams - 35%

Total Protein: 85 grams - 36%

5/9/06 Food Intake

Breakfast: South Beach Diet chocolate Cereal bar

Snack: 20 oz. iced latte made w/ whole milk & 3 Splenda and 3 c. microwave popcorn

Lunch: 1/3 c. portabello mushroom tortellini w/ alfredo sauce

Snack: 1 c. microwave popcorn

Dinner: 1/2 c. ground beef w/ 2 slices american cheese, sour cream & 2 olives

Total Calories: 884

Total Fat: 56 grams - 56%

Total Carbs: 60 grams - 24%

Total Protein: 44 grams - 20%

P.S. I also munch on raw broccoli, red bell peppers or cucumbers but don't count them in my daily caloric intake because I consider them free calories.

Tricia, how do you make your iced lattes? I love your menu, 'cept for the olives...ewwww. Thanks for the glimpse into your success!!! Okay okay okay, I'll try my coffee with splenda. TRY! No promises. But if I can switch from plain coffee w/ cream and sugar to Ticia's iced lattes with Splenda, I might be making headway....

kathy - what is your Water intake each day? it may be that you are dehydrated. try upping your Protein and Water some, without changing anything else. see if that makes a difference.

Tricia - I love your intake. sounds perfect. And you are getting some good variety in there. you don't have your water on there. How is your water intake as well? Esp if you are upping your step workout you should be drinking more to help the muscles grow strong and healthy.

Kristen - I have heard of others getting tight after a PB and TOM. It might just be irritation, and increased hormones. Hang in there beauty!

Diane - you son of a gun! Congratz on 199. I am just to happy for you!! :) I can't wait to feel that too!

All of you who have lost...AWESOME JOB!!! Way to go people! When we are all skinny minis we will have to all do a cruise together. That was DH's idea, but personally I think he just wants to see a bunch of newly confident women in bathing suits LOL

As for the bet on how much my apron weighs...I will bring back something cool from Mexico for who ever gueses correctly (or is closest) Pnut is so good at making tables and lists. LOL Plus it was her idea, so I nominate her to make a little list to update with people's guesses on there. I will see if the surgeon will weigh the actuall skin and fat taken off to see how much it is. then we will have an exact total. And whoever is closest will get a little something from Mexico. I will get a couple of things in case of a tie.

When I was told yesterday that we would be there from 7-9 days, DH got all excited! LOL "Cool! What do you want to do while we are there? Wanna go see some sites? We could take one of those tours into the mountain!" I was like um....HELLO!! I will be in bed with a pillow pressed against me trying not to vomit from the pain killers!! I doubt I am gonna wanna ride some jeep up a bumpy mountain road! LOL you know i love him to death but sometimes...