Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started Pre-Op Diet yesterday

Just checking in as I started my Pre-op diet yesterday and my surgery is scheduled for 4/29. Yesterday was rough!!! I bought the Protein Shakes at costco and they do taste very good. They have 160 calories, 30 grams of Protein and 1g of sugar. I drink 4 a day and then I can have Soup broth, Jello, Fat Free yogurt and sugar free popsicles. I also can have a cup of Fat Free Milk once a day and 4 oz of juice once a day. I ended up with a wicked headache last night and took tylenol and went right to bed. Today I've been better. It has it's up's and down's but I know that I can do this. I'm definitely very ready for this and I'm looking forward to being healthy.

If anyone else is on their pre-op diet please share how you're doing!

I agree try to also drink alot of Water till you get caffeine and sugar out of your system. Stay strong it is so worth it!!!!

Thanks ladies, appreciate your advice and support! :)

Wow! I’m having my band put in on April 29th also. I’m on my pre-op diet and it does consist of high Protein. No sugar or carbs. I have been having the worst headaches ever! I found out from my surgeon that the headaches that I was experiencing are from the lack of sugar that my body is used to having. He stated that it’s called when your body is going through ketosis. It should go away with a week or so. I have been taking over counter meds to get through it. I do wish you the best of luck! Congrats on this change in your life!

I was just banded on Wednesday. I had to do 3 weeks of the pre op diet. The first week was awful but it gets so much easier.

Just checking in as I started my Pre-op diet yesterday and my surgery is scheduled for 4/29. Yesterday was rough!!! I bought the Protein shakes at costco and they do taste very good. They have 160 calories' date=' 30 grams of Protein and 1g of sugar. I drink 4 a day and then I can have Soup broth, Jello, Fat Free yogurt and sugar free popsicles. I also can have a cup of Fat Free Milk once a day and 4 oz of juice once a day. I ended up with a wicked headache last night and took tylenol and went right to bed. Today I've been better. It has it's up's and down's but I know that I can do this. I'm definitely very ready for this and I'm looking forward to being healthy.

If anyone else is on their pre-op diet please share how you're doing![/quote']

Hi, I'm currently on my liquid diet, but I'm allowed one small meal and unlimited veggies, broth, sugar free Jello and sugar free Popsicles..

I use the vanilla shakes from costco too..but I blend a couple of frozen strawberries into it and bam, instant smoothie, very tasty and very filling!! :) I'll be banded on the 26th, god willing :)

Hi. I'm on my 5th day of a 3week liquid pre op. It has gotten easier as the the days progress. But its STILL a struggle. I have several events 2 attend before my band day and not being able to eat hurts. Yesterday was hard, my first outting on my preop... I was ready to go within an hour. So many food and beverage choices that I couldn't have. I just wanna stay in the bed til May 6th, my banding day.