Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had my first fill on Friday. 4.5cc but couldn't get Water down so now I am at 3.5cc. What's full feel like? I am eating but after every bite I am waiting for a "feeling". I am pretty sure I am stopping way before full because I don't know what I am supposed to feel. I do feel like I am on a diet. I am keeping to my calories and logging into my fitness pal so I am on track. I am waiting to feel something that tells me I am done. Help!

The feeling is different for everyone. For myself, I get a very content feeling and after about 20 mins after eat, I feel very satisfied and on the verge of being full. It usually takes me about 20-25 mins to eat. With the addition of a heavy workout plan recently, you might be experiencing what people call "Bandster Hell"

At least your tracking your food and calories. Feel free to add me to your MFP. I am Fabricwife. Would love to have another friend to help share food and exercise with. I hope your fullness changes for you soon. Cheer to all your success so far.

Just had my first fill on Friday. 4.5cc but couldn't get Water down so now I am at 3.5cc. What's full feel like? I am eating but after every bite I am waiting for a "feeling". I am pretty sure I am stopping way before full because I don't know what I am supposed to feel. I do feel like I am on a diet. I am keeping to my calories and logging into my fitness pal so I am on track. I am waiting to feel something that tells me I am done. Help!

I've been going through the exact same thing! I haven't had a fill yet, but I had lap band with plication, and now on mushy foods. I have NO idea what I'm supposed to feel. Like you, I eat very slowly, and stop before I feel much of anything. I'm afraid of passing the soft stop & ending up sick as a dog. I haven't thrown up since surgery, nor do I want to. Some days I feel like I'm pushing the limit a bit, to test it out & see whatever this feeling is supposed to be. I find that when I think the next bite will make me nauseous, I stop. And it's usually after a very small amount of food.

Please keep me posted as you move through this. I don't think I'll be getting a fill for a few weeks, but would love to know how this plays out for you.

You shouldn't be looking for a full feeling. You can get that if you eat too much just like before surgery. You're looking for the satisfied or satiated feeling. That's the feeling where you feel like you are no longer hungry. It's an elusive feeling for new bandsters and can take some time to understand the difference between cravings and true hunger.

Jean McMillan posted earlier today and you can see her magazine article on the right side of this page. She stated: "NO WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY OF ANY DESCRIPTION WILL KILL THE EATING DEMONS IN YOUR HEAD"

This is so true! The lapband can temper those cravings but it's up to you to discern the difference between wanting to eat more simply because it tastes good and eating less due to less hunger. Good luck.

tmf

You shouldn't be looking for a full feeling. You can get that if you eat too much just like before surgery. You're looking for the satisfied or satiated feeling. That's the feeling where you feel like you are no longer hungry. It's an elusive feeling for new bandsters and can take some time to understand the difference between cravings and true hunger.

Jean McMillan posted earlier today and you can see her magazine article on the right side of this page. She stated: "NO WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY OF ANY DESCRIPTION WILL KILL THE EATING DEMONS IN YOUR HEAD"

This is so true! The lapband can temper those cravings but it's up to you to discern the difference between wanting to eat more simply because it tastes good and eating less due to less hunger. Good luck.

tmf

Elusive is an understatement..LOL! What I'm waiting for, is the gnawing feeling in my stomach to stop. It seems to take quite some time for the food to make it into the stomach, so it is confusing trying to get the hunger pangs to stop. I don't know if plication makes this different than just a straight band, but it's a bit frustrating...so far. I'm still a newborn, and sure I will find my way. But for now, I'm just plain....confused :huh:

I read somewhere from one wise bandster's post....."it IS just a diet until you have a properly adjusted band." This is where OUR want and desire comes into play. We have to do the work, play by the rules, see your doctor regularly and be honest with them....so that they can adjust your band properly!

Good luck......you will get there. :)

When i start to feel full I sigh or sometimes burp or get a runny nose people get all sort if signs I measure my food out and stay in guidelines give to me. i know if I need a fill if I am hungry before 4 hrs.

In 2 1/2 years, I have never felt full....many people here say they have that "Full" feeling.....

What I do have.....by the mere presence of the band, where it is and adjusted, ..is the band telling my brain I am full....in other words, it would be as though I was full, and my brain says I do not need to eat because I am full,..but physically I don't feel full...it's a mental thing....and it took me a while to "listen" and understand the signals.....

I have no desire to continue eating, and most times I did not feel like eating in the first place but I know I need to.....so when I do I make wise food choices knowing my portions will be limited...

no counting calories.....

Rarely am I ever hungry....not just between meals like some people experience, but 24/7....

Hi B-52. the way it was explained to me, your not supposed to feel "full" but more like 'satisfied". Maybe thats the differance? :)

I was able to eat and really enjoy it i think that is a bad sign so I went for a fill Thursday now I can't keep Water down dr won't be around until 19th please advise.

There is a section in Jean's book about the different "signs" of feeling/being satisfied, which is what we should be feeling. There is a lot of good info in her book, I would recommend it to everyone.

I was able to eat and really enjoy it i think that is a bad sign so I went for a fill Thursday now I can't keep Water down dr won't be around until 19th please advise.

You may still be swollen so drink cold water to help reduce the swelling. You may also have to call the ER if you can't keep water down?

Since I'm fairly new, is the goal of the band to never enjoy food again? I would hope (for me) that the goal is to enjoy every bite, but have a lot LESS bites.

Since I'm fairly new, is the goal of the band to never enjoy food again? I would hope (for me) that the goal is to enjoy every bite, but have a lot LESS bites.

No it's not. You can enjoy food, only enjoy it in much more moderation.

No it's not. You can enjoy food, only enjoy it in much more moderation.

Thank you :D Because quite honestly, if the goal of the lap band was to alter my innards to the point where I didn't enjoy food anymore, I would not have done it. My goal was to alter capacity, change eating habits......bringing on weight loss. Food is one of life's greatest pleasures; one I would never choose to give up completely.

Right now, on mushies, I'm not really enjoying much of anything. Once I'm completely healed and on my way, I'm sure that will change.