Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am convinced I do not have a sweet spot. What I have learned on my journey is I am better off a little looser then tighter. I measure my foods so I know when to stop. If I am hungry between meals I drink Water then if still hungry I eat a smart snack. Usually it only takes me a few bites to feel satisfied again.

Hi everyone,

I had my band done in June and was doing great I lost 30 lbs and felt terrific .. I stayed at 170 and the dr decided about 2 weeks ago to give me my first fill 1cc ... Now I get a pain in my stomach when I eat and throw just about everything up , I am so frustrated I wish I never had the fill now and want to have the saline taken out .. I still eat the same foods and at a slow pace and no liquids with any meal but I feel like with whatever I try to eat it hits my stomach like a rock and then the burping begins and then I throw up big gas bubbles and then the food.. I take Prevacid for any heartburn everyday with my meds and have tried tums but still struggling any idea what I am doing wrong ?? I'd appreciate any help thanks friends

Sounds like you are too tight!

I have a 10 cc band as well and I'm at 7.3 ccs. I am not at my sweet spot yet but I'm almost there. Be patient, keep following your doctor's orders and you will be fine. Good luck.

Hi everyone,

I had my band done in June and was doing great I lost 30 lbs and felt terrific .. I stayed at 170 and the dr decided about 2 weeks ago to give me my first fill 1cc ... Now I get a pain in my stomach when I eat and throw just about everything up , I am so frustrated I wish I never had the fill now and want to have the saline taken out .. I still eat the same foods and at a slow pace and no liquids with any meal but I feel like with whatever I try to eat it hits my stomach like a rock and then the burping begins and then I throw up big gas bubbles and then the food.. I take Prevacid for any heartburn everyday with my meds and have tried tums but still struggling any idea what I am doing wrong ?? I'd appreciate any help thanks friends

Don't take this the wrong way as most people usually do? You've hijacked this thread. No problem, we all do it but for you to receive good advice and comments on your situation, you should start your own topic. That way more people see it and more people will respond.

But, It sounds like you've never had to learn to eat like a bandster to me? 30 lbs since June is not a lot. It's not bad but not great either. Learning to eat small bites, chew them to mush and do it all very slowly is one of the most difficult challenges of the banded.

Try this? Eat some Soup. Something like a slider food? Maybe even a few crackers. Do they still cause you to throw up and hurt your stomach? If not, you're not eating properly.

tmf

Hay you Hijacked my thread (That's the first time I heard that before LOL) Anyhow no problem but I think there right by saying your to tight. Good luck Talk to your Doc :)

Don't take this the wrong way as most people usually do? You've hijacked this thread. No problem' date=' we all do it but for you to receive good advice and comments on your situation, you should start your own topic. That way more people see it and more people will respond.

But, It sounds like you've never had to learn to eat like a bandster to me? 30 lbs since June is not a lot. It's not bad but not great either. Learning to eat small bites, chew them to mush and do it all very slowly is one of the most difficult challenges of the banded.

Try this? Eat some Soup. Something like a slider food? Maybe even a few crackers. Do they still cause you to throw up and hurt your stomach? If not, you're not eating properly.

tmf[/quote']

My husband read this comment and is a former athlete. I have issues with my lungs and exercise is a little difficult.

His opinion fwiw having seen the response is that excessively fat people will lose weight much quicker than I so at face value 30lbs isn't too bad.

I have extreme allergies too which rules out a lot of food the heavier people seem to be able to eat and digest.

My goal is to eat In a comfortable manner. Lose another 30 and maintain consistency.

Did I hijack this thread too? I'm new and still learning...

Banded Date: 3/19/13 starting weight 194 / current weight 181 / goal weight 128

LOL, yes you did! The point I try to make about hijacking is this: When you start a new topic, hundreds of people see that topic and can reply to your concerns. Jumping in a current topic and asking questions about your own journey will only be seen by a handful of people, so you won't get the exposure you would get if you started your own topic.

Having said that, I don't know what imbrication is? Questions? Anything that you're curious or concerned about should be asked.

tmf

My husband read this comment and is a former athlete. I have issues with my lungs and exercise is a little difficult.

His opinion fwiw having seen the response is that excessively fat people will lose weight much quicker than I so at face value 30lbs isn't too bad.

I have extreme allergies too which rules out a lot of food the heavier people seem to be able to eat and digest.

My goal is to eat In a comfortable manner. Lose another 30 and maintain consistency.

Then you are doing quite well. But to answer your concern regarding the stuck episodes, try the slider food test to see if you might be eating too fast, too big and not chewing well enough? If you have no problem with slider foods then maybe you aren't eating like a bandster?

tmf

Oh ok, we'll that makes sense. I had the lap band and also another procedure which is called imbrication or plication. It is new and not approved. For a few years now, certain doctors in the US and elsewhere have done it part of a clinical study or trial where they fold your stomach and stitch it so it is smaller in the shape of a sleeve. It is like getting the sleeve too but without the cutting. In addition to the band, it is supposed to jump start weight loss and has benefits of less band slippage, etc.

Banded Date: 3/19/13 starting weight 194 / current weight 181 / goal weight 118 to 128

I do know what plication is and there are several here who have had much success with it. Sort of wish I would have known about it before my surgery but I'm OK with what I've got. You should do quite well.

Hi Twittlingann I was the same weight as you when I started and lost 30 lbs so far :) by the way I didn't mean to Hijack a thread either I am new and since my adjustment I got rather concerned and scared about what was happening ... I had the band done at close to 200 pds from steroids from severe asthma that was throwing my sugar into Diabetes and with the just the loss of the 30 lbs I am free and clear of any of that now .. I probably should have lost more since last June but I got very sick again in oct and had to go on two mega doses of prednisone and antibiotics and it throws off my whole metabolism .. I actually record and eat exactly what I am suppose too and stay under my calories with my app which I recommend to everyone it's called "my calorie counter " and I hope to get back to excercising now that it is getting warmer and I am less prone to sickness and germs at the gym .. It's a struggle but I know I can reach my goal if I just keep trying :)

... I had the band done at close to 200 pds from steroids from severe asthma that was throwing my sugar into Diabetes and with the just the loss of the 30 lbs I am free and clear of any of that now ..

I understand that asthma thing. My wife also suffers from exercise induced asthma. It's taken her years to get in shape and struggles even now to stay on top of her exercise regimen. She rarely ventures far from her aspirator :(