Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the sx, but it is all about his diet - venting

I had lap band sx in July 2012. We started dieting in June, me with per-op liquid diet and him counting calories. Since then he is all about how much he lost, gained, ate, walked . . . Etc. each and very day for the last 9 months that is all I've heard. I'm having my own troubles, but it is all about him. I've just had my 3rd fill, my weight is going down, but it is so slow. Only lost a total of 26 lbs, want to and need to lose more.

I had the band a few weeks after you and have lost a little more than you and I am happy with that. I started the diet one year ago and lost 28 pounds and was at 240 the day of the surgery. I now weigh 193-195 (depends on the day). I am good but not perfect with my eating. I go to the gym 4-6 times a week, with my husband. I try to follow what my dietitian tells me and keep my calories under 1400, most days under 1200 with 100g of Protein. I wish you luck. Maybe talk to the doctor/dietitian and see what is up.

You can not compare yourself against anyone else. We are all "individuals". Especially men are totally different from women and they will lose weight faster.

Just stick to your LB instructions and don't worry about him. Log your calories, get in your Protein and Water and worry about you.

Even though you had surgery together, it is still seperate individual journeys.

I can understand your frustration. I don't think your partner thinks "it's all about him". He is just committed and excited about his journey. Have you told him how you are feeling?? Be honest with yourself. Are you following all the band rules?? If yes, don't worry about the slow weight loss because you are on the right track. If no, have a discussion with your surgeon and dietitian, visit a support group or ask your partner to help keep you accountable. You should be proud of your weight lost. I haven't lost as much weight as I wanted to but I am grateful for every pound I did lose. Please don't compare your success to someone else's because it will only lead to frustration. Be encouraged!

Men are insensitive at times. Tell him you need his support. Congratulate him on his success and tell him you want to lose with him! Be proud of every pound. Everyone loses differently. Make sure you are weighing or measuring your portions and feel satisfied after a meal. If not, contact you surgeon and discuss a fill with them.