Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm starving. My clinic does not allow Snacks but I can't survive without them right now. What does your clinic say?

Mine says to avoid snaking, however if you must make good healthy choices. A Protein bar might help, just make sure it's low in sugars and carbs. I do the Adkins bar when I really need something.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

This is where I reaslly relie on my tracker and calorie counting. I use yogurt and fruit and that seems to work for me also Snapple is very nice.

i snack...i make sure its Protein or fruit and i drink alot to make sure its not the horrid head hunger ARGH.

but all the while aware of the cal intake i do per day.

the way i see it, if i am (hungry) i am gonna eat and make good choices..works for me.

I use fit pal to track my calories. If I didn't snack I would only be eating 600 calories. If I wanted to do that I could have done Bernstein. I want my life. I want the band to help me with my satisfication

If anyone wants to be on fit pal with me I'm wozzicat

My NUT recommends 1-2 Snacks ONLY if necessary. For me, it's necessary. I incorporate it into my diet though. I usually eat Breakfast around 8:30, then I have my snack (Weight Watchers string cheese, yogurt, fruit, or something like that) around 10:30, I eat lunch around 12:30, and I usually have dinner around 5:30-6. For me, that works. If I didn't have my snack, I would probably binge after my lunch (as I have in the past).

If you feel you are very hungry, have a snack. It may help take that edge off, it may help prevent you from binging or making poor choices later on, and in the end, it may help you with your success. Just make sure you count everything you eat and stay within your doctor's requirements. Talk to your NUT about your situation, maybe he/she can help re-evaluate your eating habits and help you make changes that will help you.

Best of luck! :)

There are certain things that I find flexible and one would be Snacks. I do stick to a certain amount of protien and calories per day. So if one day i dont finish my lunch, if I get hungry before dinner I may finish what I didn't eat at lunch. Same for dinner. I don't think it matters when I eat it as long as I'm not overeating during the day. I leave 150-200 calories extra every day just in case I eat all my meals and still need a snack. You will have to find what works for you, I don't think there is a right or wrong because we are all so different! Good luck!

My surgeon says if you feel the need to snack you need a fill!

My surgeon says if you feel the need to snack you need a fill!

I only have 2.5 cc in me. I'm really hungry.

My doc originally said no snacking as well. At my first fill appointment, I told him how hungry I was between meals, how exercise is playing a part in this, how I can keep within my daily calories, etc. He agreed and actually told me that he would rather me spread out the calories if I need to then to overeat at mealtime and/or eat too fast. Just communicate your issues and they will find a way to make it work for you. :)

I have always snacked when on a weight loss program. I just get too hungry inbetween meals. I snack on berries, low fat cheese, some nuts, beef/turkey Jerky, turkey pepperoni. I include them in my calorie count for the day. Right now my program is about 1200 calories a day. I am sure to get at least 60 gms protien, if not more. I drink lots of Water.< /p>

Times in my life when I was not focused on loosing weight (probably gaining) I didn't really snack. Of course I was eating much more at mealtimes than I do now.

I think each person needs to find what works for them, no hard and fast rule.

I only have 4cc in my band and I'm hungry all the time and I think part of that is because I have a really bad habit of eating when I'm bored... And especially have a bowl of Cereal before bed.. Tryin to quit that. Going in for another full Monday 4/1 that's the first opening they had

-Brianna xoxo