Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fitbit....

I am thinking of getting a fitbit and was wondering who has one and what do you think of it ? love it hate it? I would love to know before I make my choice thanks :)

I have the Fitbit and enjoy having my daily number of steps tracked for me, and to know how many calories I have burned over the course of the day. It has motivated me to become more aware of my level of activity during the course of the day.

It has motivated me to become more active on a consistent basis. It was money well spent!

Best thing I ever bought for my journey. I wear it on my bra every day. I enter my food and activities on the computer or my iPhone. It keeps my food intake in line which I need. I plug it into the computer 1-3 times a day to also keep it updated. I bought mine at the AT&T store and they were a little less than Best Buy or Brookstones. Good luck with your new purchase.

Thanks so much

I currently have the Fitbit One, but think I am going to upgrade to the Fitbit Flex when it comes out. I LOVE mine. It has encouraged me to move more for sure. It's like I compete with myself- okay lets do more steps than yesterday! I enjoy being able to see what I am doing. When I got it in Nov. I figured out I wasn't moving nearly as much as I thought- I was lazy. I started at around 5,000 steps in Nov to now 7000-8500 steps a day, some days more.

I am going to Disney in a week and I am looking forward to seeing the count there. I also sprung for the Fitbit Aura scale. Also, like that, it tells me my weight and my fat %. All this stuff logs automatically in my computer. This way I can show my Doc what I am doing and see if they have suggestions.

I love technology!!

I am waiting for the flex too and I'm going to buy the aura at the same time. Yay!

So I guess I should wait until the newest one comes out

I m actually waiting for the fitbit flex to come out.http://www.fitbit.com/flex

That is like the UP band from Jawbone that I have! I love mine and that looks really similar. Good choice!!

I just asked this on another thread....

If i get the upgrade flex......how would I take my fitbit I use now off of my MFP to sync the new to it....I want to give my zip to my sister....

And yes I do LOVE the fitbit....really makes you wanna move !

Just curious... I read that it counts steps and calories but doesn't take into account your heart rate... So the calories may not be accurate according to what exercise you are doing? This other girl had a polar something and it would say 600 calories burned when she was doing aerobics as opposed to the fit bit saying 400 just based on how many steps she did in the aerobics. Is this the case? Still a neat tool but might not be very accurate for those avid exercisers trying to balance there caloric intake with excersize? What do you guys think?

Just curious... I read that it counts steps and calories but doesn't take into account your heart rate... So the calories may not be accurate according to what exercise you are doing? This other girl had a polar something and it would say 600 calories burned when she was doing aerobics as opposed to the fit bit saying 400 just based on how many steps she did in the aerobics. Is this the case? Still a neat tool but might not be very accurate for those avid exercisers trying to balance there caloric intake with excersize? What do you guys think?

Yes in that sence it isnt so accurate...but you can always go into the dashboard or MYFITNESS PAL and log aerobics or bike riding there....

As someone who has severe sleep apnea I am curious how it monitors your sleep.

I have the Fitbit and enjoy having my daily number of steps tracked for me, and to know how many calories I have burned over the course of the day. It has motivated me to become more aware of my level of activity during the course of the day.

It has motivated me to become more active on a consistent basis. It was money well spent!

While I know nothing about fitbit personally, I see this about it from SoJo...Staying motivated, being more active, aware of your activity level.....Sounds Priceless! Thanks for the review. :)

1) Is there a similar device that also monitors heart rate?

2) how does it really really track activity level?? If I bike 100km how can it know that i'm biking?