Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any other az bandster's?

hi, my name is kristen, i was banded yesterday, july 27th, by doctor ortiz in tj mexico. im 18 and i live in mesa, i was wondering if there was any local doctors, or nurses that do fills in the phx, arizona area??

looking for advice becuase i dont know what to expect!!

thanks a bunch!

thanks terri [coyote girl] for the welcome..getting really excited as it nears... overpowered by all the stories shared on LBT.. some good some bad..... And ready to be able to share my wonderful story of My Lapband weightloss...Charlene

Hi my name is Dawn, I was banded in Mexico by Dr. Aceves in May of 2006. I live in Cottonwood, AZ. My weight loss has been very slow, I'm only 4'9 so I guess that may have something to do with it. But I was wondering if there are any support groups in AZ. I don't mind driving a long distance, so just wanted to know if there is anything going on. Thanks a lot.....Dawn

Hi Dawn,Being banded Monday8/21 in Mexico..Live in Mesa,Az...Haven't heard of any Support Group ..think it might be great if we all could get together in the near future ....... start our own Az.bandsters get/together. to chat,laugh and give each other moral support.

Hi Dawn, Charlene, Coyotegirl, Ethansgrandma!

I'm live in Phoenix. I am being banded by Dr. Ortiz on 8/31 (was originally scheduled for 7/21). From what I have read here and on Obesity Help it is important to be in some kind of support group. I do know of a lady named Becky in Tucson that started a bandsters support group and they meet once a month on the first Sat. of the month. I would like one closer but to travel once a month to Tucson would be worth it. :)

Charlene, good luck on your banding. Keep us informed.

God Bless,

Michelle

Hi Az.bandsters,

had my surgery in Mexico on 8/21 by Dr.Juan a. Corvala, his staff,and Hospital Angeles,and the Hotel Lucerna Were above all the standard i had set ..professional,clean,helpful,friendly and the list can go on........Left Mexico 8/25.Could have left the same day as surgery was feeling so great........

Today 8/31 my total lost is 27 lbs.{Yahoo} and that's only the beginning......... have only experience gas in the shoulder the last 2days GOSH! that hurts and just before bedtime,so out came my heating pad . slept like a baby......

hardest part for me getting in all the Protein Never was a big eater .more pick and run junkfood.Always had a coke , pass through the kitchen grab a few cookie,later,bag of chips etc. have a fast food on almost every corner within a mile.... So my biggest hurdle is teaching myself to take the time to sit and have a meal . others than Holidays when family comes over ,but really don't sit, up and down making sure family is getting everthing they need[ typical Mom thing}

As Iam typing this , have started to hiccup ,don't remember a hiccup in years,years,use to say a sign of growing ..hope its a sign of shrinking for me lol.......

Hope all of you are doing great and lets all continue to think thin

charlene8/21 my ticker tape is all screwed up so pay no mine

height.5'6

8/21...267

8/31...240

Any advice on getting all the protein, have Unjury protein mix,carnation instant breafast,Just not enough time and feel to gaggy to drink all that........plus the Water, broth

hello my name is Samantha. I am just starting the process and was wondering how hard was to find a surgeon that activtly does the lap band. I found a few but I don't know how to go about contacting them because they have done them at different hospitals.

I am looking to have the lap band surgery done and do not have insurance. Can anyone tell me what the arizona doctors are charging? The only one I have had any contact with is Dr. Simpson in Phoenix. I have seen Dr. Blackstones website as well. Also, can someone direct me to some kind of financial assistance for this endeavor? Any comments are welcome. Thanks

Nicole

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches