Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op Diet starts....TODAY! Yay

If you're already cheating, you need to think about if you really want this. I had a 3 day liquid diet and wanted regular food so bad but I wanted my surgery more so obviously I didn't cheat. I'm now on day 3 post op and of course in not cheating now bc this is what I want. I still have two more weeks of liquids. I'm not trying to sound rude, but if you're already cheating now do you think you'll be cheating afterwards too when there's a possibility of band slippage?

I understand ur concern, but as u said, u did only a 3 day liquid diet, so u may not know how u would feel if u have to do a 8 or 10 days liquid only! You have no right to judge me! I did 100%fine until day 6, which is already unbelievable, because if i knew i was capable of sticking to a diet forever, i would never choosen surgery!

I didnt cheat like some people do, eating a cheeseburger, or a plate full of Pasta, i ate a freaking can of tuna + Tomato, staying half of my target allowed calories..

I know is not a excuse, but i truly didnt feel like i cracked my diet! I know after surgery i'll be able to follow it thru, as i'll be having a super smaller stomach, which will not make me hungry like i am now. Also, my post op diet is much easier than the pre-op, i have tons of salty things that i'll be allowed to after day 5, so, thanks for your concern, but im certain i can do the post op!

I'm sorry if i sounded rude, but this is a support group, if i wanted to hear someone saying i wasn't ready, i had gone to some other place!

I'm disappointed! I thought this was a support group, judgment free!

Well, i was wrong! :(

To original poster. For yogurt look for the Greek style as it will have twice the Protein for the same calories. You can add Splendra if the taste is too sour for you.

I'm disappointed! I thought this was a support group' date=' judgment free!

Well, i was wrong! :([/quote']

You need to realize that when you post something, you should be ready for a judgmental response. That's just the way people are.

Just make yourself prepared for post-op, you can't cheat on that or you can cause substantial damage to your healing stomach.

Also, don't mistake a person's advice for judgment just because you're feeling bad for what you did. We are all pretty much emotional messes dealing with our various problems with family, friends, and addiction.

If you're already cheating' date=' you need to think about if you really want this. I had a 3 day liquid diet and wanted regular food so bad but I wanted my surgery more so obviously I didn't cheat. I'm now on day 3 post op and of course in not cheating now bc this is what I want. I still have two more weeks of liquids. I'm not trying to sound rude, but if you're already cheating now do you think you'll be cheating afterwards too when there's a possibility of band slippage?[/quote']

Get off your pedestal, for real! Who are you to say you wanted it more so you followed the rules? 3 days pre-op is NOTHING compared to 2 weeks. "of couse in (I'm) not cheating now bc this is what I want." Check yourself because your rudeness is nasty. "I wanted my surgery more so obviously I didn't cheat." Kicking people when they're down, much?

Well first off I wasn't trying to be rude. She just really needs to think about if she really wants it before getting a surgery that constricts how much and what she eats and can cause serious complications by not sticking to the diet. that's all I was saying. Stop thinking I'm attacking anyone because Im not that kind of person.

I have a friend who had gastric bypass and lost over 150 pounds--she looks amazing and is inspiring to me. She was visiting my office a couple of weeks ago and she said that for her it was all about mindset--she said she had to "break up with" food. The more I roll that idea around my head it makes sense. To a greater extend, it does seen more like a "breakup with kids" as you and food still have to learn to live with each other :)

Good luck to everyone--pretty sure everyone here is just trying to be supportive to everyone else. If you feel any judgement is it likely your own insecurity and that is perfectly okay. We are all vulnerable in one way or another or we wouldn't be here, right?