Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The "Do Over" journey

HELP: Can someone tell me how to put my goal weight and weight lost in my ticker. I finally got the ticker to show up, but only shows beginning weight. Many thanks!

HELP: Can someone tell me how to put my goal weight and weight lost in my ticker. I finally got the ticker to show up' date=' but only shows beginning weight. Many thanks![/quote']

If you follow all the prints through on a computer that's one of the options/questions. It didn't show up from my phone though

Probably not the right thread, but this week, someone posted a recipe for Beans that you put in the oven for a snack. Accidentally threw away the stickie I had written on. Does anybody remember seeing that recipe??? Thank you.

I'm in! That's why I'm on this site - do-over. I got my band in June of 06 and lost 140 pounds. Then moved away from my surgeon and didn't find a new one to maintain on-going care. At first I just got a bit careless, then I got lazy, then I became ashamed and embarrassed. All of this resulted in a 50 pound gain over the past 5 years.

A few weeks ago, I finally went in to the new guy and got a fill. So now here I am - re-learning how to use the band and not eat around it. What scares me is that the first time I lost weight, I didn't know how to cheat the band and now I do. Clearly, self-discipline is a problem for me or I wouldn't have needed the band in the first place. Now - I know it's all up to me to respect the band and use it correctly.

Man - I hate being responsible for my own life!!! :-/ Well - here's to being a grown-up and taking care of myself without excuses or external control...

Shelly

I was banded December 2006, I did very well and lost 100lbs, I ended up getting pregnant and now have a 2 1/2 year old son and all the weight to prove it, I gained 80lbs back lost 50lbs doing Isagenix and working out, then I quit smoking and gained 50lbs back again, I feel like I have spent my whole life trying to lose weight, I have learned to eat around the band and can't seem to control my late night munchies, I have decided today that it is time to stop feeling sorry for myself and try to get back on track, I have also decided to learn how to box which I start this Wednesday (super nervous) :-)

Looking for a buddy to keep me motivated :-)

I had my surgery in July, 2006. I have had MANY ups and downs during this journey, but I want to have a success story to tell when I FINALLY meet my original goal I set for myself almost 7 years ago. I had my surgery 5 hours away from my home and this was hard, because I didn't go for checkups and fills as regularly as I should have, but I did pretty good the first 4 months. By November, I had lost 50 pounds and was so excited. I had talked my cousin into having the surgery as well. She had her surgery in late November of 2006 and due to complications, she died a week later. I was very depressed, because I was the one that talked her into having the surgery I though was so wonderful. I had a set back and just didn't care about losing the weight any more. One day, I was talking to a relative and they told me that she wouldn't want me to feel guilty for her death and she would be disappointed in me for giving up. I got back on track and went on to lose a total of 75 pounds and was feeling great. I became pregnant with my 3rd child and because my Dr. was so far away, we decided to have a complete unfill at 3 months into the pregnancy because I was having difficulty eating anything. I gained the whole 75 pounds back and was right back where I had started when he was born in August, 2009. I was very upset with myself. I found a nurse practitioner in my area and have gotten 3 fills with her. I was trucking along pretty good and found out I was pregnant again (with a failed IUD) in May of 2010. I had a miscarriage and got off track AGAIN. It has been a rollercoaster ride all the way!!! I have some restriction, more on some days than others, but have learned to eat around the band most of the time. I also know I need another fill if I want to get all I can get out of my band. I have enjoyed being about to eat bread and meats that I couldn't with full restriction and that is why I have struggled to get the rest of my weight off. Sweets are my enemy!!! I drank Plexus Slim for 3 months and lost 25 lbs, but my husband changed jobs and I can no longer afford to buy it, so I have made up my mind to make a fill appointment today and get the rest of this weight off. To date, I have lost 60 pounds and would love to lose 40 more to meet my goal. I still would not be at what most people call "my IDEAL weight", but where I would like to be for myself. I know I will be a happier me and feel so much better. My husband always tells me that the band doesn't work, but if you use it right, I believe it does work. I just need to do better and use the tool that I have to get to where I want to be. Good luck to you all and hopefully I will be back with a success story soon.

Jackie085, I just requested to join your FB page. I, too, am having to start over. I was banded in June 2008 and lost about 45 lbs. Then sort of lost sight of the goal and started gaining. I have gained almost all I lost so now I am starting over. I sure need the support of others who are in the same boat. No support locally and I live alone so no one sees how much I can put away!! Looking forward to hearing from the others on FB.

Jackie,

I noticed my comments are showing up on your FB page. They are also showing up on my other FB page. Wonder why that is. I would probably make more comments if they weren't on my other page. That's mostly family and some who wouldn't know lapband from moses. Do you know how to make my comments only appear on "Lap Band - Support Research"?

I was banded in 2004 the weightloss was extremely hard to get started and get use to the band...I really had no support system and in my mind thought the band was going to do all the work..WRONG..so once I got going and kept the weight off I had lost 110lbs by 2012 then boom started going to Zumba 1-2 hrs a day and working my tail off and lost another 35lbs...then guess what after 13 years of trying to get pregnant I got pregnant...due to my inability to eat around 6 weeks pregnant my dr agreed it was good to take our some of the fill...I really didn't want him to but I knew I had to eat for my baby....so she is now 2 months old and I am trying to get back in the swing of things..I gained 60lbs..YES 60lbs..that wasn't really due to all food intake it was due to the inability to exercise at all during my pregnancy! I am going back for a fill tomorrow and starting my journey over again but honestly I feel more prepared this time than the first..I know how to use my tool (the band) to achieve what I want..I know what to eat and not to eat, I know what to look out for! I am prepared to get this weight off again..I will be healthy for myself and for my daughter to see her mother healthy! I can't stand the way I am right now! I will achieve my goal again....if anyone would like to be email buddies for support please contact me..I would love to be able to talk to someone going through this journey again!

I was banded in 2004 the weightloss was extremely hard to get started and get use to the band...I really had no support system and in my mind thought the band was going to do all the work..WRONG..so once I got going and kept the weight off I had lost 110lbs by 2012 then boom started going to Zumba 1-2 hrs a day and working my tail off and lost another 35lbs...then guess what after 13 years of trying to get pregnant I got pregnant...due to my inability to eat around 6 weeks pregnant my dr agreed it was good to take our some of the fill...I really didn't want him to but I knew I had to eat for my baby....so she is now 2 months old and I am trying to get back in the swing of things..I gained 60lbs..YES 60lbs..that wasn't really due to all food intake it was due to the inability to exercise at all during my pregnancy! I am going back for a fill tomorrow and starting my journey over again but honestly I feel more prepared this time than the first..I know how to use my tool (the band) to achieve what I want..I know what to eat and not to eat, I know what to look out for! I am prepared to get this weight off again..I will be healthy for myself and for my daughter to see her mother healthy! I can't stand the way I am right now! I will achieve my goal again....if anyone would like to be email buddies for support please contact me..I would love to be able to talk to someone going through this journey again!

I'm in a very similar position. I got my band in June 2006 - lost 140 in the first 2 years. Then I got married and became a full time mom to my husbands kids from a previous marriage. We moved away from our support systems and away from my lapband doc. Over the next 5 years, fills were inconsistent to say the least - once every 2 years or so I made an appt to see my doc when we were home for vacation. Between the stress (and return to old comfort food patterns), financial issues, and lack of follow-up care, I gained back 60 of the 140 I originally lost. A few months ago I got a fill and have lost 20 of the 60. So now I have another 40 to go to get to my goal.

I am tracking every bite I take with My Fitness Pal and I'm working out regularly (which is the absolute hardest part for me). I'm trying to refocus on me for a bit. After the life-long struggle, I don't want to find myself wishing for the "might have been" and the "I was so close once!"

So although I didn't gain the weight because of pregnancy, I do consider it a consequence of becoming a mom. These past 5 years, every ounce of my focus was on establishing our family and getting through some difficult times. Now, we are on pretty solid footing and I feel like it's time to take care of myself again.

As I said, all of my previous support system is in another state, so I can use all the support I can get. I never really participated in any kind of lapband support groups the first time around, so this is pretty new for me. I do best when I have accountability, though. I'd love to buddy-up!

Shelly

Hi there guys! I'm right there with you both! Marriage, life changes & then a baby happened & now I find myself 60lbs heavier than I'd like to be! I haven't had a fill in years so I think that's first on the list! My email is cowgirlspurz@gmail.com if anyone wants to be support buddies I'd be happy to email or txt! Lets help share healthy meal ideas, fun exercise ideas etc!

My email is srussell8@yahoo.com and I'm SA062768 on MyFitnessPal.

Shelly

I would like to join the Doing it Again group. I was originally banded in January of 2009. I lost about 70 pounds and kept most of it off. The doctor said that at my age, that was about I should expect to lose. I stopped going got fills for a couple years, then got another at the end of the year. Ooops! Too much, I guess, because I was soon vomiting daily, BUT I was out of town visiting my daughter and so didn't see a doctor. Because I feared cancer of the esophagus I called my GI doctor. After I'd had a few chugs of barium (ugh) he said that my band had slipped and so I called my bariatric guy. More barium, but he scheduled me for a rebanding in late July. I've lost 8 or so pounds more. I think I'll keep losing for a while, because I have better support--this website and a couple books

I have lost over 100lbs twice. The second journey is deff way better because you all ready know. Sometimes mentally it's hard bc I kicked my own butt over gaining back.

I am also starting over. So far, successfully this time. I started a blog on here by that name "starting over". I thought if I could honestly talk about what I was experiencing, maybe that would help me. Everyone who has responded to me has been supportive. I think we can start over. That we have the desire to is so important. We are not failures, we just took a Detour and can get back on track.