Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LapBand with Dr. Jessee/SunCoast Bariatrics

Hi My name is Bibi and I live north of Orlando in Lake County. I have chosen Dr. Jessee at SunCoast in Tampa for my LapBand surgeon. I've done over a year of research & I feel Dr. Jessee would be good for me. That being said I'm hoping to find someone willing to share the experience they had with Dr. Jessee & her staff at SunCoast Bariatrics... Especially if Dr. Jessee used the one-incision SPIDER procedure. I will be going through a 3 month supervised diet & that's got me a little nervous because I don't know what to expect. I am still in the very early stages of this process. I attended Dr. Jessee's seminar 2/11 & yesterday I completed/submitted the first wave of paperwork. I'm anxiously awaiting the next step. Looking forward to this next phase of life & changing my eating & exercise habits and being a success with this journey. Even if you didn't have your surgery done with SunCoast Bariatrics I'm still interested in hearing from you... ANY & ALL advice, input & motivation is welcomed! Especially regarding the pre-op phase and diet. Thanks in advance. =0)

Bibi

Dr. Jessee did my surgery on 1/30. I haven't had any issues at all. The staff is very professional and have been very good with answering my questions, emails and more. They even called me after i was released from the hospital to check on me after surgery. The only thing that seemed odd is that I never saw the surgeon before or after surgery (though I never asked to speak or see her!) maybe this may be normal for surgeries since they do so many in one day.

I have to say the hospital staff was amazing too! If you can stay over night do it! Unless you're tough lol. I needed that attention and am so glad I planned to stay. I am glad I went with Dr. Jessee. She was recommended by my primary doctor and a coworker. Most people in our area would suggest her or her partner. Good luck!

ps I am a big baby and hated pre-op and post- op diets. Had to be the most difficult month of my life and all I lost was 20 lbs lol. Most folks seem to lose a lot more. My body stubbornly holds on to weight for some reason :/

Dr. Jessee did my surgery on 1/30. I haven't had any issues at all. The staff is very professional and have been very good with answering my questions' date=' emails and more. They even called me after i was released from the hospital to check on me after surgery. The only thing that seemed odd is that I never saw the surgeon before or after surgery (though I never asked to speak or see her!) maybe this may be normal for surgeries since they do so many in one day.

I have to say the hospital staff was amazing too! If you can stay over night do it! Unless you're tough lol. I needed that attention and am so glad I planned to stay. I am glad I went with Dr. Jessee. She was recommended by my primary doctor and a coworker. Most people in our area would suggest her or her partner. Good luck![/quote']

Yay I finally got a reply. Lol... Thanks for answering! I agree that is odd not seeing the surgeon before/after surgery. I thought that an initial consultation was part of the process. I guess I'll soon find out. Did you have to do a 3 month supervised diet? Also what was your pre op diet?

Oh, I did have a consultation! I meant in the hospital I never saw the doctor, but was told if I wanted to speak to her before the actual procedure, it could be arranged. I did not have to do a three month diet but that may be because of my insurance?? The pre-op is very generous compared to other surgeon's rules. I had to drop 8 pounds before the procedure but I think that # may depend on your weight. The 10 day diet was two shakes and a light meal. Much better than the post-op which is all liquids wahhhh ha ha. That's with any surgeon though and they even let you have creamy Soups, which again is very generous!!

Oh' date=' I did have a consultation! I meant in the hospital I never saw the doctor, but was told if I wanted to speak to her before the actual procedure, it could be arranged. I did not have to do a three month diet but that may be because of my insurance?? The pre-op is very generous compared to other surgeon's rules. I had to drop 8 pounds before the procedure but I think that # may depend on your weight. The 10 day diet was two shakes and a light meal. Much better than the post-op which is all liquids wahhhh ha ha. That's with any surgeon though and they even let you have creamy Soups, which again is very generous!![/quote']

Ok good to hear you met with Dr. Jessee at least once! Lol That's all I need. At the seminar she seemed like a good doctor and really into what she does. Also the fact that she does the one-incision Spider procedure. Did you have it done? I was kind of surprised when I was told I had to do a 3 month supervised

diet. Either way I need the extra time. The pre op diet doesn't sound so bad. The post op on the other hand will probably be a little harder!!! Lol! What part of FL do you stay? Keep me posted on your progress. I'd like to hear about it. :)

I was unable to get the spider because I have had laparoscopic surgery for gall bladder a few years ago. If you've ever had surgery in that area, they may not be able to do the spider. I had a hiatal hernia fixed too. I live in the St.Pete area so the hospital was convenient. I stayed overnight at Palms of Pasadena hospital and my nurses were so awesome. That three month diet may be due to your insurance plan. I looked into the lap band when I lived on New Jersey and they required a six month diet.

I was unable to get the spider because I have had laparoscopic surgery for gall bladder a few years ago. If you've ever had surgery in that area' date=' they may not be able to do the spider. I had a hiatal hernia fixed too. I live in the St.Pete area so the hospital was convenient. I stayed overnight at Palms of Pasadena hospital and my nurses were so awesome. That three month diet may be due to your insurance plan. I looked into the lap band when I lived on New Jersey and they required a six month diet.[/quote']

I've had two c-sections and my tubes tided... What do you think? Lol I have no clue and too anxious to wait. I'll be glad when I'm already at post op status. I'm just ready too get started.

Hang in there! It comes up fast and it's good to be positive and excited. I was the opposite, I was dreading it :( I would ask the doctor, I know for me they couldn't do the spider.

I was banded by Dr Ache Jan 16. I havent met Dr Jessie, but I can say the staff is great. The surgery staff were very nice too. Checked up on me after surgery, I felt taken care of.

I just got my first fill recently and Dr ache is great making sure I'm okay. Pat the nutritionist is helpful too. I'm pretty happy with the place.

I had dr Jesse and love her! I had the spider and loved it! I'm in the space coast, u?

I know this isn't that active of a thread but I wanted to add my two cents here too :)

Dr. Ache banded me Dec 2013. She used the Spider technique as well and went through my belly button. All in all I'm happy with the result. I like how they fill us a decent amount on the first fill so hopefully it won't take forever to get to green. Everyone in the practice so far has been super nice.