Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did any bandsters eat too much Easter candy?

I am just curious if any bandsters ate too much Easter candy but now have a plan of action to overcome and restart the healthy eating. I am not a junk food junkie but for some reason I ate too many M&Ms. Please tell your story and solution to resolve this hurdle. Thanks for sharing, we need to continue to support each other in every way and every day. :)

I have two little boys and between the Easter Bunny and family they both got 3 Easter baskets. So I had a lot of candy left and yes I did overeat it. So I sent my husband to work Tuesday with a bag full of candy. I have to get it out of my house or it will be eaten. I just make sure there is nothing there when I am feeling weak. So make sure you get rid of it. Good luck. Jennifer

Yeah, I did and still am partaking of too much Easter candy. Last night, in particular, I sat myself down and really explored the way my stomach felt. Blech! It wasn't even candy I particularly liked much, but it was there and it just popped itself into my mouth (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it).

Realizing that a) I didn't like it much, and :) it didn't make me happy, and c) eating too much of it resulted in a yucky feeling, eventually made me look at it in a new way. Tonight I'll be able to give it a pass. And in another few days it will be gone entirely.

Slow down, examine, explore, decide. That's my strategy and when I use it, it works.

I've been eating to much Easter candy since Christmas... not proud but true.

I promised myself that after Easter I will not go down the candy isle at the store and i will try to avoid all the isles inbetween the produce and the bread because for me, thats where the dangerous items are. I promised myself more Protein drinks and to eat like a true bandster. This isn't gonna happen over night but it will happen.

I have the tool, I now have to chit or get off the pot !!! tis time :)

Hello..... my name is Eileen and I am addicted to chocolate (see I even capitalize it).

:)

Thank you all for your honest stories. It just really helps us all see that we have some of the same struggles being a new or experienced bandsters. Have a wonderful day!

I ate M&Ms (about a cupful) and yesterday I had a Cadbury egg. In the car. On my way home from the drug store. I am a bad girl.

I really didn't eat any regular candy. But the Bartells by my house stocks a good supply of sugar free candy.

So, in the evening, when I treat myself, I have a few pieces. WARNING - this type of candy you *cannot* gorge on - it usually contains ingredients which encourage the fluids in your tissues to migrate into your colon and rapidly expel (yeah - diahrea).

Now, can anyone answer the question of sugar alchols and, mannitol compounds - do they count as carbs or NOT?

I've been assuming they don't - but the *not quite a dietician* who I asked at the clinic (she's in school) couldn't answer that question for me.

Anyone know?

confessions of a chocoholic....

my name is michelle and i am a chocoholic. i bought 3 bags of robin eggs (YUM) and put them in mini eggs and in little carrot bags and put them in a basket on the counter. 80% of them were eaten by ME! i bought 4 easter bunnies (medium ones = to 2 candy bars) and i ate 2 before easter. i bought all that 1 week before easter and ate it all before easter!

i gave the 2 remaining bunnies to calvins parents, they dont know how lucky they are to have GOTTEN those bunnies! i could have eaten them TOO!! at the end of sunday night we through ALL remaining 'junk food' out. thats the only way for me to stop is get rid of the food!

i told calvin its probably not gonna be a good idea to make 'kids' easter basket ahead of time!

amazingly in the past 30 days i lost 1/2 lb!!! its where i have kept my gym routine but added in walking 2 miles all through STEEP hills 4 nights a week!

Omigod, them robin eggs are the devil! I bought a bag to put into baskets. Then when I decided I didnt have enough "good stuff" I went to walgreens to pick up something special. Then I spied the biggest, baddest bag of robin eggs you ever did see! Before I knew it, it was at the bought and paid for on its way to my house. Well lucky for me we had to go away on saturday. I forgot about them on sunday. Come monday they were hounding me something fierce. My brother stopped by that evening and before I could think about them one more minute I put them in a bag and told him to quick get them out to his car and no matter what I said, DO NOT allow the robin eggs back into my house. He was happy to get these and wisked them out to his car just in the nick of time. That is how I didnt eat the robin eggs. The ones I did eat all come in a basket given to me and when there is no protective bag around the little robin egg, I cannot stop the whopper powers that be.

Yep - I know how you ALL feel. I even wrote about the candy capers in my journal! I am not banded yet - but promised that there will be NO candy in the house this time next year. I'd have to commit chocolate suicide if it was near me LOL

On the serious side - I truly find that if I buy candy for the kids that I don't like it works! and they LOVE toys - so more toys next year - and only candy they like - like yucky sour patch stuff

ok - so I bought not one but TWO boxes of Robins eggs. They are my favorite! Lucky for me I got them home to find out that they were flavored like orange and rasberry or something... they were totally disgusting! Yea! Therefore, I moved on to the big bar of nutless Hershey's dark chocolate (makes it go down so much easier than having to deal with chewing those pesky little nuts :-).

Slow down, examine, explore, decide. That's my strategy and when I use it, it works.

I love that way of thinking about it before giving into the temptation.

Thank you!